PDA

View Full Version : Several questions

zvonda
30-03-2007, 12:16
Question 1:
Does a not-fear-causing hero that charges a fear causing unit out of another fear causing unit have to take a fear test?

Question 2:
Can a unit from which a hero declared charge but failed a fear test shoot that turn?

Question3:
Does "Crown of Everlasting Conquest" protect mount as well as the hero carrying it? (description says: model gains . . .)

Thanks for answers
:confused:

Makaber
30-03-2007, 14:18
[QUOTE=zvonda;1428183]
Question3:
Does "Crown of Everlasting Conquest" protect mount as well as the hero carrying it? (description says: model gains . . .)
QUOTE]

Good grief, that's horrible. I think you're technically correct (which is the best kind of correct), but it's ridicilous if you are. I hope the errata some stuff soon to bring older army books in line with 7th.

monkeyboyalpha
30-03-2007, 15:00
Question 1:
Does a not-fear-causing hero that charges a fear causing unit out of another fear causing unit have to take a fear test?

>> I think what you are trying to say is, if a character that is NOT immune to fear is in a unit that IS immune to fear and he wants to leave that unit and charge an enemy unit that CAUSES fear, does he need to take a fear test.?.. Short answer, yes he does. The unit he is with provides fear protection only as long as he stays with them, if he goes it alone then he reverts back to his own rules...

Question 2:
Can a unit from which a hero declared charge but failed a fear test shoot that turn?

>> Yes, the unit can shoot as the character declared a charge but failed the fear test so couldn't charge, this has no impact on the unit as they did not declare the charge also...

Question3:

>> The "model" with this item regenerates. Now "model" means a few different things.

>> If the character is on a 'barded chaos steed' then this a normal horse and so becomes one with the rider, the character is mounted so the character regenerates, so does his horse, mounted models are removed as a whole once they are slain, their warhorse goes with them..

>> If the character is on aything else from the chaos book, ie, dragon, daemonic mount, steed of slaanesh, (or indeed a chariot), anything that is a monstrous mount and has its own WOUNDS statistic of 2 or more wounds, then this is not part of the character and is a seperate entity, (read the monsters and characters on monsters sections of the rule book). In this case the COEQ will only regenerate the character and not the dragon, as the character is the "model" wearing the crown, the dragon is a seperate "model" and is not wearing the crown.

MBA

T10
30-03-2007, 15:09
1. Characters in Fear are not affected by Fear. And Fear test he would have to take would come into play before he leaves the unit. It may seem odd, but bear in mind that timing is everything. You don't take a Terror test the moment a Dragon lands behind a unit - you wait until the start of your next turn.

2. The unit would be restricted from moving since the character would not be able to move after his failed Fear test. I see nothing that would prevent the unit from shooting, though. It has, after all, not attempted to charge.

3. It is safer to assume that "model" in this case refers to the character only. The Eye of Tzeentch specifically takes into account the possibility of a mount where as the Crown of Everlasting Conquest does not.

There is plenty of ambiguity regarding models consisting of multiple separate or combined components: characters mounted on monsters, chariots, characters mounted in chariots... the list goes on.

The best thing to do is to apply an effect on a "model" to the smallest applicable group of components.

An effect that affects the models movement affects the entire model since the model moves as one unit.

An effect that provides a bonus attack such as Frenzy affects each separate frenzied component since they each have their own attack value that can be modified.

The CoEC grants Regeneration to the component that carries the item since he and the mount/chariot take their own separate saves.

-T10

Flame
30-03-2007, 19:53
The magic item thingy was clarified in the 7th FAQ

(no, basically!)

Tutore
30-03-2007, 22:01
1) No 100% sure

2) I wouldn't be that sure that you could, the rules say something like you cannot do anything that turn. I must read the words of the book carefully, then I'll post another time.

3) Won't affect a monstrous mount.