PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh Daemon/Mortal list

RaZeR
29-07-2005, 11:23
Hi...
i've been jumping back and forth between slaanesh chaos and lizardmen ideas for a while now, and guess what, here's another one :D

Daemon Prince/ss, Ishtar Amaru 545pts
Level 3 Wizard; Slaanesh; Blade of the Ether; Soul Hunger; Soporific Musk

Sorcerer of Chaos 165pts
Level 2 Wizard; Slaanesh; Dispel Scroll(x1)

Sorcerer of Chaos 145pts
Level 2 Wizard; Undivided; Dispel Scroll(x1)

8 x Chaos Furies 120pts - Ishtar Amaru joins

16 x Daemonettes 240pts

5 x Mounted Daemonettes 150pts

5 x Knights (Chosen) 320pts
Musician; Champion; Standard Bearer; Slaanesh; War Banner

19 x Marauders of Chaos 158pts
Light Armour; Shield; Musician; Standard Bearer; Champion - Sorceror joins

19 x Marauders of Chaos 158pts

So, the fluff behind this army (making this up as i go along :D) would be something like this:

After the defeat of the Chaos forces at the gates of Middenheim, most of the Daemonic Legion was scattered back into the warp. Only the most skillful and cunning of the daemons survived, and, realising the battle was lost, retreated north, regrouping on the way. Ishtar Amaru was one of these, Brother/Sister to one of the most famous daemons of mortal and immortal history, Amaru Ishtar (See anything by BaronDeSade). Taking what remained of her one great legion, s/he instead decided to travel more west than north, through the lands of Kislev. On this journey, several of the more barbaric tribes of the area came under his/her seductive spell, and pledged themselves to his/her cause, swelling his/her army further. One of the wizards of these tribes even went as far as to take the power of slaanesh himself into his body, becoming something different and hugely more powerful.
With this new and powerful force, Ishtar Amaru determined to return to the lands s/he had been driven from, and avenge the defeat at Middenheim.

K so fluff needs a bit of polishing, but i wrote it in a hurry :)

please let me know what you think of the list, the vague deployment plan would be: Knights on one flank, then marauders, daemonettes, more marauders, then mounted daemonettes on the other flank, with the Ishtar Amaru and his/her retinue wherever they fit best into the line.

Thanks a lot :D

WhiteStar
29-07-2005, 11:34
Well...it seems nice!

First of, you're exceeding the 2000 point limit by one...

Secondly, you only have three ranked units coupled with two powerful flankers. Admittedly - the Chosen can take on most units from the front too. I don't really know about that Daemonette unit...maybe switch it for more cavalry? It's all a matter of how you manage to use the arguably extremely good lore of Slaanesh to your advantage.

Nice list, the only thing it lacks is model count, but then again... it IS Chaos so models cost. As a beast player I shudder at the tought of 5 knights costing 320 points.

Good luck if you choose to go through with it!

RaZeR
29-07-2005, 12:05
i know about the points, where i am, we generally allow 0.1% over, so in a 2000 point list, 2002 would be the max.

Well, as regards the daemonette unit, i was initially just looking at the marauders, but i'm not sure thats actually enough regiments... i dont know, i could take out the daemonettes for another unit of mounted ones, and some warhounds, or maybe some marauder horsemen... trouble with this second option is, it means i'll have to change it back to a mortal list, as there wont be enough daemonic units.

however, another unit of mounted daemonettes might be quite good fluff wise, it would imply that only the faster daemon units managed to escape...
i'll think about it :)

and i know the knights are ridiculously expensive, but hopefully they'll do some serious damage as well!
hell that daemon prince/ss is seriously expensive as well! :)

thanks for the support :)

Hannibal
29-07-2005, 14:33
My opinions:

- The demon prince is a waste of points. My friend plays one and it never did anything for him.

- drop the demonettes on feet, too. They are one of the weakest units in the game!

- increase marauders to at least 24

- drop warbanner and use that slaanesh banner instead. Itīs so much better!

- 8 furies are way too much.

- why is your second sorcerer undivided?

Hannibal

RaZeR
30-07-2005, 03:06
Well, i'm basing the army around another one, in which he used beasts and daemons, i just wanted to use marauders...
basicaly, this guy never lost with it, and while i'm not anywhere near as good a player as him, i figure by making a similar list, at least i'm starting on the right lines.

however... i might well drop the daemonettes on foot, they dont seem too popular. i could replace them with another unit of mounted daemonettes, and increase the marauders.

i gave them the war banner because it's cheaper. but with spare points now i might go for the rapturous standard...

8 furies to support and protect the daemon prince/ss... i might drop a few to save points, but it just seemed like a fairly good number :D, they can take some casualties and keep coming...

the second sorceror is undivided because i already have 5 levels of slaanesh magic, and i wanted access to the more direct damage oriented fire spells....

RaZeR
30-07-2005, 06:36
hmmm just one question
how come daemonettes on foot are considered terrible in a chaos army, but are very commonly used in CoS armies?? :)

RaZeR
30-07-2005, 06:58
OK here's a new list without the daemonettes on foot, and with he marauder units boosted:

- Daemon Prince/ss, Ishtar Amaru 545pts
- Sorcerer of Chaos 165pts

- 8 x Chaos Furies 120pts - Ishtar Amaru joins
- 5 x Mounted Daemonettes 150pts

- 5 x Knights (Chosen) 320pts
Musician; Champion; Standard Bearer; Slaanesh; War Banner
- 24 x Marauders of Chaos 158pts

better?? :D

taer
30-07-2005, 07:16
It would be lovely if your Daemon Princess could actually join the fury unit, now wouldn't it?

You need a unit of Warhounds to screen your knights. Dropping the war banner for them is worth it. Afterall, +1 combat resolution isn't worth it if you're splattered on the other half of the board.

Half your army moves 20 inches and the other half moves 8. I don't know if that worries you or not, but it does seem like there is a good chance you'll either be arriving piecemeal or half your army will be busy getting shot waiting for the slow end to catch up. Don't let that discourage you though, my daemon army is set up in the same way and it does pretty damn well. However, my unit sizes are generally larger on some of the fast stuff, and it is a daemon legion list, so....

I use daemonettes on foot...and hate them Like everyone else. I think they do better in CoS because they cause fear and can rely on relatively cheaper units to support them. But, I still wouldn't take them over devoted.

RaZeR
01-08-2005, 10:14
speaking as someone who a) doesnt have the army book here,
and b) is in a different country so doesnt have access to it,
and c) doesnt have the army book at all anyway :D, do i take it the daemon prince cant join the unit of furies then? :'(

hmmm, warhounds are a good idea, i was looking at getting some anyway when i changed the army, but i spent all the points on marauders :D
however, i might drop the war banner, 2 furies and something else (hmmmm....) to get enough points for a few units of hounds...

i'm hoping that the speed issue wont prove too much of a problem, as i'll use the fast units initially to hunt weaker enemy units, and war machines etc, and then use them to support the marauders when they arrive...
thats the plan anyway, vaguely :D

RaZeR
01-08-2005, 10:15
by the way, opinions on the daemon prince/ss??
good daemonic gifts??
thanks...
btw, just editing the army, will post it in a minute...

RaZeR
01-08-2005, 10:34
OK, version 3, here we go :D

- Daemon Prince/ss, Ishtar Amaru 545pts
- Sorcerer of Chaos 160pts
Level 2 Wizard; Undivided; Spell Familiar; Sceptre of Domination (OR a Dispell Scroll??)

- 6 x Chaos Furies 90pts - Ishtar Amaru joins

- 5 x Knights (Chosen) 295pts
Musician; Champion; Standard Bearer; Slaanesh
- 5 x Warhounds of Chaos 30pts
- 5 x Warhounds of Chaos 30pts

total still ******* 2001. but hey :D

that one a bit better?

thanks everyone

RaZeR
02-08-2005, 11:22
anyone? :D

Zanidar The Necromancer
02-08-2005, 11:51
go deamons they rock

RaZeR
03-08-2005, 02:06
hmmm just looking back on it now, thats an interesting question...
when mortal are core, warhounds dont take slots... what about in this list, when mortals are special choices?? are the warhounds taking special slots (in which case i have too many...)

thanks

Jewtastic!
03-08-2005, 03:14
- 6 x Chaos Furies 90pts - Ishtar Amaru joins

Characters can never join flying units.

RaZeR
05-08-2005, 07:16
yeah i know, she just kinda flies with them and sits behind them, etc :)

taer
05-08-2005, 08:31
Yeah, if your army is a daemon army, warhound units do indeed count as special choices, which totally blows. The rest of your Daemon princess' daemonic grifts are a rather good combination (for daemons) but unfortunately makes for a rather expensive, and sadly fragile, unit. That said, I've had my Daemon prince kill off entire units of knights without breaking a sweat and be eaten by ratswarms without causing any damage....

PelsBoble
05-08-2005, 08:40
Give your general master of mortals to keep this list legal i think.

RaZeR
06-08-2005, 05:19
shame about the hounds... ok, i'll have to juggle the DP's gifts then... currently using all 100pts :S
i could give her master of mortals and the next magic level (to make her ML4), for the same price as the blade of the ether... should i do that?? :)

RaZeR
06-08-2005, 05:21
other options for that 40 points could be:
radiance of dark glory (she and daemon units within 6 inches lose 1 less wound when defeated in combat)
or
spell breaker (dispell scroll) and master of sorcery (knows 1 extra spell)

what would you do? (or i can spend it on other units, ofc

RaZeR
09-08-2005, 02:51
any ideas anyone?? :D