PDA

View Full Version : The Big Draft

Autobot HQ
30-03-2007, 21:34
The Big Draft day took place today, with teh following teams set to be drafted into the Warseer North League:

Never Ahand, Always Afoot

Glaurung's hatchlings

Penthouse Playboys

Da' Smaha Boyz

Tenpole Tuffty Club

Dark Seers Of Truth

Lethal Justice

Talons of Ulthuan

Naggorite Nevermore

Xini Warseers

New Zaggarund Quakes

Badnagz Bad Boyz

Athletico Middenheim

Foul Peak Frenzy

WarSeers

Kharadrim Medics

.... Just in case no-one realises, that's all of you. Discuss and enjoy :p

Deng Ham
30-03-2007, 22:06
****... I was afraid it woud be so...

I know you will do a swiss system. But still. There are plenty of hard teams out there. And it will take a fiew round for the soft to seperate from the hard. I was hoping to get a fiew skill in and build the team. Before I had to face decaptiation.
Not that I fear it. The girls are in the Everqueen invitational. And that showed me that we don't realy belong there. All the games the girls have played have been a caching up game. Never realy got to take control.

Os all in all can't say I like the draft.

You know a pimp must look after his girls.

tenpole
30-03-2007, 22:27
I was looking forward to the Southern Confederacy.

Autobot HQ
30-03-2007, 23:02
The first match of the Swiss Style League will be based on the TR, so your first game will be pretty evenly matched. Most teams that would of been in the Southen Conference are within striking difference of the top teams, and after a long, healthy talk with acting Vice President Th0r, we just feel this will be the best idea.

LordSnotball
31-03-2007, 19:40
im looking forward to seeing my FF drop :)

bring it on, let's see how much DE blood u can spill

oneman
31-03-2007, 20:11
Not a player on the web,I'm a PC duffer,but I came for a browse and had to comment on one of the team names.I once had a human team called Atletico Miraglioni.

Maybe when I learn how to use this thing I'll join in.

LordSnotball
31-03-2007, 20:19
kewl, we'll be happy to have u amongst us...

if u want i can provide u with all the links...

LordSnotball
31-03-2007, 20:30
Rulebook:
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=86

Game v 8.8a (and 8.8b patch):
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=113

Java Main Prog:
http://www.java.com/

Proxy Server:
http://javabbowl.no-ip.org/Files/JBBProxy1_1.zip

LordSnotball
31-03-2007, 20:33
oh, and forgot the basics

u have to sign up at fumbbl.com and create an account there so u can join our league :)

Jet
01-04-2007, 22:55
Well I have a little bad news as some people may know. Firstly I'm very unlikely to be able to play my next round game, whoever the opponent may be. Also I'm likely to not be around for the start of the league so I'm telling the specific organiser, whoever it may be, to not put me in for the first season.

Posted over a week ago.

But since the league has now started, it looks like my games will just have to be forfeited each week.

th0r
02-04-2007, 02:19
Can't say I'm too pleased with this. The idea of separate divisions was to allow faster tournament play. This tournament is going to take forever.

tenpole
02-04-2007, 07:32
No games have been played, restart it without bennys team.

Edit: No on second thought just roll with it. Every tournament we try to set up is stop start.

Autobot HQ
02-04-2007, 12:17
Can't say I'm too pleased with this. The idea of separate divisions was to allow faster tournament play. This tournament is going to take forever.

Can't see why it would, it's not like this means you get two weeks for a game - would take just as long as any other season just you wont have to play everybody right away. I've not set it up so you play everyone - It's on a Swiss system with eight one-week rounds, then a two-week break for people to play anyone they want and recover. Four of these make up the season, with the final twelve weeks left for overflow of time, and for the Warseer Cup. Games have a one-week time limit for the most part, though if agreed between players they can play it a couple of days later but remember you'll be slowing down everyone else so I can't give more than a couple of days over than limit. I can't imagine that it won't go smoothly though as even when we have those moments where a couple of players take a while to play their games, we'll have those same moments where everygame is played within a few days. If there is a huge issue with this set up, please feel free to open a thread and discuss it - It's not a Dictatorship here I do listen to the people.

Eventually.

A-HQ

Keravin
02-04-2007, 12:19
Has the season been taken down? I was going to pm Gres about sorting our game out.

PhrollikK
02-04-2007, 12:24
I'm guessing it's a restart to weed out ben's games?

Autobot HQ
02-04-2007, 17:14
League is still up :confused: did some minor work on it but the teams are still all set, though Benny will be replaced soon as I get someone in to replace him - The Swiss System needs and even number of players you see, and I don't imagine we'll have queues of people looking to sit out eight matches..

tenpole
02-04-2007, 18:37
If the game time limit is a week did you allow for Yorkies holiday? He is back on the 11th april.

The games have changed I was going to be playing Deng hams easy SPP Penthouse team. Now I am playing the Pet rat cage team.

Gres
02-04-2007, 18:50
IMHO the games should be run pretty much to schedule, the main problem with the Swiss System is that all the games in one round have to be completed before the next round can begin. If we wait too long then the tourney will drift and last too long. It's fairly harsh as you can't arrange your games to be played in advance to get ahead but its the only way I can see for it to get done in the time.

Autobot HQ
02-04-2007, 19:01
The first round you'll have more time as yes I know there are a couple of holidays, and I imagine they'll be lots of talking and discussing to do, so you'll have time to sort thinsg out and such.

tenpole
02-04-2007, 19:07
I agree with gres on that point about the swiss system limiting factor being that all games in a round need to be played first. But dont change it now. Lets just get on and play it.

Autobot HQ
02-04-2007, 19:49
Good stuff. Also, tenpole you can stop moaning now, as you have you so-called "easy SPP" team back - hope they prove you wrong :p

nkicik
02-04-2007, 23:39
Hey guys I'm in as a late replacement with a rookie team having not played blood bowl for the best part of ten years. I reckon I'm going to be the San Marino of the group so you should be ok as long as you aren't Irish. I'd stopped playing any GW games all together when girls became intresting but now I'm engaged I reckon I'm safe to unleash my full geekiness upon her!

tenpole
03-04-2007, 09:24
I got my wife into warhammer just because she watched me paint some orcs. She asked to have a go so I gave her some plastics and some old figures I had knocking about and she did very well. Then she started her dark elf army.

LordSnotball
03-04-2007, 10:25
heh... welcome to the group then!

ok, the easter hols suits me fine, but after that i doubt i'll be able to keep to the 1 match a week system.

In the Carcass tourney i needed 2 weeks to find sigmarschamp coz we live 8 hrs apart. then one afternoon i got the perfect opportunity to play 3 matches back-to-back. i'd really love to be able to play matches open robin, coz arranging a match in 1 week is too tight 4 me...

anyway, expect 1 match every 2 weeks from me, unless i catch my opponent online by chance :)

Keravin
03-04-2007, 10:33
Gres has already managed to kick my butt thanks to Von Fraunehofer.

nkicik
03-04-2007, 14:42
I got my wife into warhammer just because she watched me paint some orcs. She asked to have a go so I gave her some plastics and some old figures I had knocking about and she did very well. Then she started her dark elf army.

My fiancees quite arty so I was hoping she might take an intrest as well but unfortunately she just thinks it's sad and trys her best to ignore anything I'm trying to show off to her.

Keravin
03-04-2007, 16:02
My wife much prefers painting her own armies that actually playing, though I have got her playing Warmachine and Hordes now.

She despairs of Fumbbl though :)

tenpole
03-04-2007, 18:21
She despairs of Fumbbl though :)

Same as. .

th0r
03-04-2007, 18:31
Pretty funny how NZQ gets to play the elves again, whats that the 6th time?

LordSnotball
04-04-2007, 12:27
yeah thor, and to imagine we have this to AVOID cherry picking :)

lol!

j/k btw...

my wife learnt that at any given time i have 2-5 hobbies i semi-actively pursue. BB has been one of curiosity for her coz i have the box at home and haven't opened it once in 3 years, yet play BB all the time on the net... tis not my fault there's no1 in range to play BB with :-(

Autobot HQ
04-04-2007, 20:36
Th0r, the seedings for the first matches are arranged, as stated, by TR. Gres and Kerv are the two top, then me and the elves. Not my fault, I'd happily play you or anyone else. HELL, if it'll stop the Cherry picking comments I'll swap you both now and suit the entire league to you and your conspiricy theories? That be easier for you?

Personally, I would love tp be able to just stick it on an open tournament when people play whoever that can once each, but funnily enough I want to avoid the Cherry Picking the weaker coaches. Go figure.

th0r
04-04-2007, 22:19
I think we have to go with an open format due to the time constraints of people. I mean for me, i'm fine with whatever because I only work nights (which for most people in the league is your early mornings) and weekends. Nothing says the lower teams have to play a higher Tr team right off the bat. So if for example Kerevin challenges Deng, it would be in his best interest to play other teams first. As for playing you, yea that would be a hell of a lot easier for me.

tenpole
04-04-2007, 23:31
Stuart, if you played against an elf team with a TR of 500 and a TR 600 we would still accuse you of cherry picking LOL.

Autobot HQ
05-04-2007, 21:09
Hey, I like Cherries. They taste so sweet :p