PDA

View Full Version : Eldar in 4 weeks

Taron
30-03-2007, 23:01
Recently, I've realized that I haven't finished a single one of my various projects, so I decided that it was about time for drastic measures, i.e. a deadline.
And so the idea to paint a complete army (of 1000 points) in four weeks (which happens to be the duration of my holidays) was born, and Eldar were quickly decided on, as I already had some stuff lying around and really liked the new models.

Fast forward one week: My first order arrives, and I'm set for part one of my self-imposed challenge: assembling and painting the troop choices, being a minimum squad of Guardian defenders, a full Squad of Dire Avengers, and a minimum squad of Pathfinders.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7789/e1fs1.jpg
From left to right: Loose sprues of Dire Avengers, a weapon platform, Rangers, and a handful of Guardians.

If everything goes by plan, the Guardians will be fully assembled and ready to be primed by tomorrow - stand by for updates.

And finally, for your amusement, my workplace right now:
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5401/e3du0.jpg

DigitsDavid
30-03-2007, 23:05
Fast forward one week: My first order arrives, and I'm set for part one of my self-imposed challenge: assembling and painting the troop choices, being a minimum squad of Guardian defenders, a full Squad of Dire Avengers, and a minimum squad of Pathfinders.

Is that fast forwarded week the first of the four, or are you starting now?

Good luck.

Taron
30-03-2007, 23:07
Is that fast forwarded week the first of the four, or are you starting now?

I started roughly four hours ago, and I'm cursing moldlines a lot right now.

Good luck.

Thank you.

kermit
30-03-2007, 23:50
I wish you all the best.

I know what it was like to push through an entire IG army (3 Russ, 2 Chimera, 2 Basalisk, 120+ minis) in about 6 weeks. It wasn't fun, but in the end I was very happy.

I hope you enjoy much success! I will keep my eye on this.

Getifa Ubazza
31-03-2007, 00:02
Good luck with this. I know how hard it is to stick to one project. I only have 12 Orks to paint to finish my 3rd mob of sluggas and can i motivate myself, i wish.

Darnok
31-03-2007, 00:17
Best wishes from here (again). I think you can need all the luck we can wish you. ;)

Dat Wildboy
31-03-2007, 00:18
good luck! i'm giving my ork project a rest for a while, but i've got some eldar and dark eldar i'm doing as an army of exiles. theres rangers, guardians, and a falcon which need repainting, so good luck with yours, i hope i can get my 500 points done in that ammount of time. i get bored and wander off too quickly.

at least its not marines- only when i've got back into 40k have i seen how many marine players there are. so stay commited and keep updates regular and i'll be happy. i hope my eldar will look as good as yours will. from your marine avatar, i see that you paint to a very high standard. i can't wait to see some painted.

cheers.

Norsehawk
31-03-2007, 01:00
best of luck, nose to the grindstone, keep a stiff upper lip, and all that.

Weregerbil
31-03-2007, 01:43
Ah you crazy thing you! Get going and painting you may even inspire me to finish my Eldar.

chaos0xomega
31-03-2007, 03:05
I wish I had that kind of drive. Unfortunately I'm currently suffering from a good bit of depression at the moment(why did evolution/god have to make women such fickle creatures/ give men the accursed feeling/emotion that is love) and can hardly bring myself to do anything.

And yes, I agree, mold lines are a bitch. I spent the better part of the day today building 11 gnoblars(I built one yesterday...), I could have done it in an hour without the mold lines...

McMullet
31-03-2007, 14:22
Good stuff, Taron! What colour scheme will you be using by the way?

Best of luck and all that.

Taron
31-03-2007, 15:19
Thanks for all the encouragement - I'll probably need it.

Good stuff, Taron! What colour scheme will you be using by the way?

That's what the Guardians will (hopefully) look like:

Quin 242
31-03-2007, 15:27
What I do know is that the multi-part Eldar are a complete pain in the but to scrape clean.. like you said.. mold lines are the enemy!

Keep up the effort tho.. a well done Eldar army is one of the nicest looking sets of models out there :)

Taron
01-04-2007, 00:34
Day 2 Update

10 Guardians are assembled and ready to be primed - couldn't do it today because of foul weather. I'll try to take a half-decent pictures of the assembled Guardians tomorrow.
As I'm not able to start painting, I'll build some Avengers instead - yay, more mold lines

Conclusion: Already behind schedule on day 2; that's what I call a great start.

And again, for your amusement, a recent picture of the workplace. Note the increase in RPS (random piles of stuff).

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/2603/e6io5.jpg

Darnok
01-04-2007, 00:44
What for is the Green Stuff on the bases of the Guardians? Looks like plates for a Cityfight style base?

asmodai_dark86
01-04-2007, 00:46
Dont worry about it too much - eldar are buggers to clean up right, and if you get it wrong it bits you in the **** half way through your paint job. I'm looking forward to this un it has to be said