PDA

View Full Version : Warpstone metorite(first of many of the ghost's warped ideas)

Tanith Ghost
31-03-2007, 04:35
Presenting the first of much much warpstone terrain and eventualy(Horned rat willing) a table depicting cripple peak and all it's prized-prized warpstone.:evilgrin: :cheese:

Note the nuggets of pure warpstone and the radiation on the rocks in pic three.

Quin 242
31-03-2007, 05:42
so it's just a big green rock on a base?

Ok

Warwolt the skaven
31-03-2007, 10:33
my GOD that is a huge chunk of warpstone O_O
DO MORE! DO MOOORE! * subscribes *

Tanith Ghost
31-03-2007, 15:25
Oh yes, there will be more-more, my fellow ratkin.:evilgrin:
Beware, manthings, the weekends bring warpstone by the avalance.:p

Spacejens
31-03-2007, 19:03
The glowy green effect from the embedded purer chunks or warpstone looks really nice. How did you do that? Or is it just the camera flash?

lilljonas
31-03-2007, 21:19
Looks nice. But if it's a meteor, how about making it more imbedded in the earth, with the ripples of the big-ass crater an impact would cause? And the next thing would be to have a lot of skaven-ish rag-rag constructions around it, for the engineers to study it. And... and... so much potential! :)

Tanith Ghost
31-03-2007, 21:58
The glowy green effect from the embedded purer chunks or warpstone looks really nice. How did you do that? Or is it just the camera flash?

The glow effect is a combination of the camera flash and the paint job.
By a ridiculus maze of trades, bribes, and outright annoyance, I managed to put my hands on a pot of the old 'glistening green' metalic paint. I used this to show the pure nuggets of warpstone. Under any strong light, it has that effect. It also glows in the dark thanks to a wash of luminescent paint. :)

That said, my very skaven take on the Eldrict pool found in the scenario 'Beyond the edge of reason'. A large pool of cheese with rats drowning in it. The rats were probably tempted to fall in by the large nuggets of the purest warpstone ever seen in skavendom.:chrome:

Mrlemonjelly
01-04-2007, 10:27
Scale down your images a bit before you upload them and it might be a bit easier to see what's going on.

Cad@veR
01-04-2007, 19:17
so it's just a big green rock on a base?

Ok

I double this...

:( sorry to say but even as a fellow ratman I fail to see any practical usage of such a piece of terrain

Moreover, IF such an amount of Warpstone would ever be accumulated in a single place at a time, then most probably this would mean the end of The Old World as we know it...

now...if youre planning to make a FULL themed table out of it...:) this would be a sight worth to remember!!:D

Tanith Ghost
01-04-2007, 19:42
That I am.:evilgrin:

Didn't you know cripple peak has far more warpstone in one vast meteorite?
My table will depict the caverns under cripple peak, littered with chunks from the main lode of warpstone.

Warwolt the skaven
01-04-2007, 20:43
Tough its a bit... big. That much warpstone would get .... like the whole skavendoom there ^^

Cad@veR
01-04-2007, 22:28
Tough its a bit... big. That much warpstone would get .... like the whole skavendoom there ^^

Heh... that would also be a sight to remember...:p

Cant wait to see any progress...:cool:

Tanith Ghost
01-04-2007, 23:17
Some more warpstone for the cavern.

All told the cavern table willl be 4x6 in two 3x6 sections.

Warwolt the skaven
02-04-2007, 00:12
isnt that like... covering whole ******* board!?

Tanith Ghost
02-04-2007, 00:28
That's the board itself. The board will feature grey gravel, cavern interior(as shown in pic three in my last post).

The terrain will all be that style of warpstone outcroppings, maybe a tainted cave spring with glowing water.