PDA

View Full Version : Witch Elves / Devoted of Slaanesh

Belerophon709
01-04-2007, 11:19
Witch elves have 1 attack on their profile, and carry 2 poisoned hand weapons.

Devoted of Slaanesh carry 2 hand weapons, but have 2 attacks on their profile.

Do DoS get 3 attacks since they carry 2 hand weapons, or is the extra attack already included in their profile?

Army Builder suggests that it isn't included and that they would indeed receive 3 attacks, but it seems a bit off that they should have 1 more base attack than their Khaine/Khorne counterpart... Or is it just me?

Bele

Masque
01-04-2007, 11:32
Devoted do have one more base attack than Witch Elves. But don't forget that Witch Elves have Frenzy and thus get just as many attacks.

Belerophon709
01-04-2007, 11:56
Devoted do have one more base attack than Witch Elves. But don't forget that Witch Elves have Frenzy and thus get just as many attacks.

I know, but it still seems weird. Witch Elves can lose their frenzy after all. They can be lured, since frenzy has its drawbacks.

DoS however are immune to psychology, with the only drawback being their inability to flee from a charge (unless you give them the right standard).
Furthermore, DoS have soporific musk, halving the enemy's WS.

So the way I see it, Witch Elves have the mark of khorne (frenzy) while DoS have the mark of slaanesh (immune to psych.)

DoS have 1 more base attack, but lack the poison on the hand weaps. However they have soporific musk.

When you add it all up, the DoS seems like the most powerful of the two unit-types overall, and they cost less...

Ganymede
01-04-2007, 16:29
When you add it all up, the DoS seems like the most powerful of the two unit-types overall, and they cost less...

I think you have just discovered the main theme of the Storm of Chaos suppliment book.

sulla
02-04-2007, 05:38
So the way I see it, Witch Elves have the mark of khorne (frenzy)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Don't even go there... please...

TheDarkDaff
02-04-2007, 05:39
I think you have just discovered the main theme of the Storm of Chaos suppliment book.
Not to mention the fact that most of the Stuff in the High/Dark Elves armybooks was overcosted from the start.

Belerophon709
02-04-2007, 18:00
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Don't even go there... please...

Yeah, it struck me 2 seconds after I wrote it, that I could be stirring up a hornest nest with that one, but I figured wth.... ;)