PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarves for Nemesis summer campaign

Peril
02-04-2007, 19:43
I originally posted this in Fantasy General before I realized I should be posting this here. I wanted to create a 100% conversion army for the summer campaign, and have an army which no one else in the area had.

My local store is having an escalation league as a leadup to the campaign, starting at 500 points. Here is my first list:

Hero - Great Weapon, Heavy Armor
Warriors 19x - Standard
Warriors 10x - Great Weapon
Hobgoblins 20x - Bow
Hobgoblins 20x

I love the way the Hellcannon crew look, but not the 5th edition clown hat guys. I really wanted a more menacing feel to the army. My first unit to do was the Hobgoblin archers. I decided to use Goblin and Marauder bits. I went ahead and swapped the hands and feet, to really make them look like goblinoids rather than Marauders with Goblin heads.

My next unit is the Hobgoblin infantry. Any suggestions/constructive criticism welcome. Thanks in advance!

Peril
02-04-2007, 19:55
Here are the Hobgoblin infantry. Still using Goblin + Marauder as a template, I used Common Goblin bow hands with the actual bow hacked off for the hilt part of the weapon, then I added early 6th edition Dwarf axes as the actual weapons.

Next up: Some Dwarves!

mousekiller
02-04-2007, 19:57
What order to you plan to paint these in? They look like great conversions so far, can't wait to see 'em.

Peril
03-04-2007, 15:55
I will probably paint the Hobgobs first as well, but the first Dwarf is looking awful fine and it would be good motivation for to see one painted. I will have him done this evening and will put up a picture. I have 7 days to make 30 of them (yikes!)

Boss_Salvage
03-04-2007, 19:38
Go Go Go! Those are the first hobgoblins I've seen recently that are a) converted and b) not just BfSP goblins :P Well done, look forward to seeing your chaos dwarfs!

- Salvage

mousekiller
03-04-2007, 21:16
Good luck mate. Can't wait.

Peril
04-04-2007, 20:25
and finally .. my first Dwarf. The nose, lips, tusks, beard and scale parts of the armor are all sculpted. I know its a little sloppy, but I was just trying to experiment and nail down a method.

What I am looking for here is some thoughts on the style. Is it not worth it to use the hooked nose and tusks if I an not going to go all the way and build up a big hat?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Warwolt the skaven
04-04-2007, 20:30
If thats your own sculpt then its pretty good ^^

cerealkiller195
04-04-2007, 21:49
i like it but i'm not a fan of the horns, maybe enlarge the helmet just a tad. but other than that a pretty rockin' mini

crazywhiteboydance
03-05-2007, 13:55
I really like you hobgoblins and the dwarf is really good to.

I've been converting a chaos dwarf army myself. I'll be putting up on here soon.

Looking forward to seeing more!!!!