PDA

View Full Version : Squats Imperial Guard Style

Pages : [1] 2

Ross
03-04-2007, 16:23
Hello there, for a while i've been tinkering on this little project The Refugees Of Golgotha. Now after "graffiti on the side of a Titan" I always thought it was Gazgukhul that stomped out the Squats (not just the rules development boys), anyway my idea is that a ship full of squats broke tradition and fled.
Anyway, lots more fluff where that came from, here's what i've done. This is not all that has been created, but gives you all the idea what I've accomplished.
I use the IG rules with Hardened Fighters, Cameleoline (short stature), Die-Hards, Enginseers.
I forgot to shoot my Enginseer so will add that at a later date.
Please tell me what you think, email would be better but I'm not adverse to you putting an opinion up on here. I't taken alot of effort so far and I'd love some positive and maybe some negative feed back.

My Hellhound, JO, 10 Squat Squad, HSO.

jasevx
03-04-2007, 18:34
Great fluff idea, but using Dwarfs as Squats worry me, they look like WH with Lasguns, wereas Squats were something different. The troops need to be brough upto date, especially the great work you've put into the vehicles!

Sling
03-04-2007, 18:45
The tanks are great but the troops are a little bit to much fantasy...

Lockjaw
03-04-2007, 18:52
i'd use more IG bits, make them a bit more techy, a bit less fantasy

DigitsDavid
03-04-2007, 19:16
Are they plastic Dwarves? If so, it would be quite easy to remove the helmets and swap on Cadian ones. Add a few shoulder boards and they should look a bit more 40k.

The tank however is great and as mentioned above, the fluff is good. Check e-bay for a few original squats and mix them in a bit to add credibility.

scrubout
03-04-2007, 19:22
Wow that chimera conversion is ace for squats.

I however ain't feeling the actual squats though...sorry. They need to be more teched-up. More helmets, less chainmail.

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

Ross
04-04-2007, 00:28
OK, cool, I just read the first (of hopefuly many) post on here, went outside for a "They didn't like em" cigarette, back calm and colected lol. I had a rethink, Squats being tinkerers would undoubtably fiddle with their equipment right? So I was thinking of little 'rebuilds' (I detest rebuilds lol).
What about:
if I used greenstuff over the chain shoulders and made plates,
put a few 'sensors' into helmets, target eyes, antena.
Any other ideas on how to tech them up, keeping in mind there a small model to play with and i'm not keen on the idea of Cadian helmets (tried it, looked rong. Tried SM shoulderpads, too big and wrong too but had merit).
I do want these to be the best they can be and I think I missed the mark a little.

And corrections, those tanks are indeed 'one' tank, 2 shot, Hellhound, I have a Chimera but it's still in construction phase, just the turret to do.

Thanks for the feed back guys, keep it coming.

Ross
04-04-2007, 01:39
Just downloaded some squat pics, got a better idea (NOT DOING TRIKES lol). I'll come back with some 'testers' to keep you alll up to date.

Ross
04-04-2007, 02:51
Just made a tester, used IG helm, 'bionic eye,' and Cadian arms for that 'future' look. Bit blurry (had to zoom like a mother ######).
I knocked it up in about 20 mins, needs some greenstuff fine tuning. I loft the arms open for this one as getting them to hold a gun so it looks good is quite a bit of work (damn beards). I noticed a few of the old squat models had sunglasses and cool hair styles so if this one looks 'correct' to you guys then that will be my next aim (if only I can find someone with a big enough boof-head).

Let me know ..........

bloody_sabbath
04-04-2007, 03:00
I like the new prototype very much. IMO its better than the originals.

He Who Laughs
04-04-2007, 03:09
Sweet, good onya for posting piccies up of them.

Your old ones look good - but the new concept looks even better, exactly what I remember a Squat to look like. Now, all you need is to apply a thin layer of greenstuff over the torso, and score it up with a knife and taa-daa - good old Squat Flakjackets.

Best of luck with the new ones mate - they're going to look awesome. Four monkey thumbs up!

EDIT: Just had a close look at the older ones with lasguns, they look pretty darn cool. A little time and effort spent on de-fantasy-ing them, and they'll fit right in.

Ross
04-04-2007, 03:55
Hey He who Laughs, any ideas how I can de-fantasy-eeing (that's not really a word is it) them without pulling them apart? The guns cover much of the bodies so I was thinking helm and shoulder pad work, maybe shirts and plate shoulders for the open arms ones.
I dunno give us some hints people!

Keep in mind there's 41 to do (all lovingly painted with blood sweat and lots and lots of tears!!!!!).

scrubout
04-04-2007, 04:31
That's much better, good on ya for trying out a new style as it has improved them a whole lot.

As for the already assembled ones, perhaps they can be hardened vets? Try the shoulderpads on one and see how it looks and say because their honor guard or whatever (someone know more about squats?) that they have 'family-made' armor? Storm Troopers perhaps?

Definately looking forward to the hellhound.

-peace out

Ross
04-04-2007, 08:57
Scrubout <pout> that is the hellhound <sob>
Do you all think it's better off as a Chimera?
I do have a chimera still in production with a more traditional look.

DigitsDavid
04-04-2007, 09:24
Much better. I would avoid SM shoulder pads as they are too big. However, it is possible to carve out the Cadian Shoulder boards and use them over the dwarve shoulders without having to use the cadian arms. I agree with the other postings in that a bit of greenstuff over chain to make "padding" would look good. Poping a few amo puches / grenades on their belts would help too.

jasevx
04-04-2007, 09:31
Its a Chimera with Flamers. Hellhounds have the tanks. As scrubout says, great improvement! I think the easiest way of the heads is standard cadian with GS beards, and long hair.

You could also cut off the horns off the standard helms and GS them to blend in if you wanted to keep the 'Dwarf' look.

Great turn around, remember the idea of this forum is to 'guide' you in whats exceptable on the table, however its your army and you have the last say.

Bob Hunk
04-04-2007, 11:18
Nice idea, I like the test models and the Chimera especially. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this project. :cool:

Barbarossa
04-04-2007, 12:52
Yep, cut off the horns from the helmet and make the axes less visible (strapped on the back maybe). Squats always seemed to be a practical bunch so they'd rather have their guns in their hands instead of waving axes at the enemy.
Have you thought about using the carapace doctrine? It could show how they are tougher than humans but not as tough as Space Marines.

Ross
04-04-2007, 12:54
Again thanks all for the encouragement, the new ones (waiting for GS to dry on 1st tester then I'll paint it and post it) do look good don't they.
Thanks to all for the de-fantasy-ing ideas, keep em coming.
While waiting for GS to dry I popped the head of a pre-existing plasma gunner andgave him a catachan crew cut. I also tried using small amounts of GS (yes I painted it as soon as it was 'sort of' dry) flattened over the chain shoulders and painted it as lacquered carapace with chips.
Yes again the pics are a little blurry, going to try some new camera tecniques for the next 'show-off' so sorry, but you can almost make out the detail lol.

The new one is on the left and I put an old one on the right for comparison.
The new one has the fur shirt (a grey white paint job) and the old one has the leather jerkin.

jasevx
04-04-2007, 17:36
That makes a world of difference. Totally de-fantasyfied it!

DigitsDavid
04-04-2007, 18:02
I agree. I'd be temted to take all the horned helmets and GS your catachan style hairdo's as they look awsome. Actually, GS berets are simple to make and a lot more modern looking so mix a few in.

scrubout
04-04-2007, 18:36
I agree. I'd be temted to take all the horned helmets and GS your catachan style hairdo's as they look awsome. Actually, GS berets are simple to make and a lot more modern looking so mix a few in.

QFT

That is perfect.

Sorry about the hellhound mixup, it's very nice looking, I just feel if it's a hellhound it could use the flamer tanks. But that's just a personal opinion, I'd let you use it as a hellhound for sure in a game.

-peace out

Ross
05-04-2007, 00:44
Confidence building feed back .... Awsome. I'll let you all in on a little secret, up until I posted my little fellas I'd never seen a Squat before, sure I was into 40k during 2nd Ed but got out when 3rd was introduced.
I remember the theory but didn't recall the pics.
Anyway, it's all coming along as it should, I'll be basing the testers (did another similar to the new helm less chain feel) today, undecoat tonight and paint tomorrow (emperor willing).

(Yes I chack this thread religiously as I have far too much time on my hands at the moment, been cut back to 4hrs a day at work.)

Quin 242
05-04-2007, 02:58
I personally HATE the Hellhound tanks and think yours kicks much tail.

The description of the hellhound actually puts the tanks inside so having them on the outside makes no sense...

Ross
05-04-2007, 03:46
Thanks Quin, I always wondered the logistics of having blow-up-able tanks of promethium on the outside. Still having ruptured tanks on the inside would be like a can of beans on a campfire.

Two minds, and they're both arguing!!

Ross
05-04-2007, 09:25
Well, again I'm here this time with a few shots of my chimera (poor things been sitting on the shelf for months).
Just posting these to keep you all interested (yes I have a life, it's just not that interesting).

What do you think?
at least they're not blurry this time, but are a bit bigger than the last few (1.M). Beware dial up!

Does anyone reconize the model I used as my HSO? (It's blurry but white dwarf fans should be able to tell <hint .... me?>)

Quin 242
05-04-2007, 11:45
I don't see an HSO model?

I've done some Squat conversions on some vehicles to.. but I like your Flame cannon conversion quite a lot :)
If you'd like I can post some pics of my Squat sentinals? I don't have any WIP's for them tho :(
I DO need one more tho...

Ross
05-04-2007, 12:16
Quin I love you, you throw them pics up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The HOS is in the first thumbnails on the bottom, the thumbnails have the description etc if u leave the cursor on them (does for me anyway). The pic has the banner pole in it.

HEY EVERYONE, IF YOU HAVE ANY OLD SQUATS PAINTED, VEHICLES, TRIKES ETC PLEASE POST THEM ON HERE WITH MINE OR EMAIL ME THE PICS

THE MORE INPUT I HAVE THE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ross
07-04-2007, 04:42
Well then, G'Day all. I had to get some new brushes (2 year olds and brushes don't mix!!) half way through painting the new testers. I've now painted the one with the bionic eye and I'd made up another fitted with CCW's and a catachan mohawk.
Now, I'd quilted both models (quilted flak) and I noticed after painting that I need to use a slightly thicker layer of greenstuff and give it better, bigger definition. The paint just didn't pick up the detail (I'm a keen dry-brusher).

One thing I noticed after finishing these, is that with green shoulder pads and the green helmet they look alot less like a fantasy model. Wierd huh? Still planning on keeping a fair bit of chain on these models (works for the Vostroyans lol) but the main visible areas (helm, shoulders) I will change on most.

I've made four new heads with Cadian helms and put the old Squat visor on them so I for one will be interested to see will they come out. I also tried GS hair cuts and a pair of sunglasses for one head but I think they'll be dicky. Using Catachan hair (glued on and cleaned up with GS) is a hell of alot easier!!

Let me know what you all think OK?

Enough talk, more work, Ross

Quin 242
07-04-2007, 05:22
I'm liking the way these are looking. The horned heads might be OK for elite units but for the general trooper, it just looked bad.

I like the Cadian arms but I might suggest cutting a disc out of each to get the length of them back into proportion to the body? If those guys straightened thier arms they could walk on thier hands without turning upside down :(
Looking good tho.
Just need to work on your camera skills.

scrubout
07-04-2007, 07:13
Every update is getting better Ross, you're on a roll buddy.

Keep up the momentum!

-peace out

Ross
07-04-2007, 08:13
Thanks Quin, Scrub, it's guys like you that keep lil guys like me pluggin at at.

I will shorten the arms on the next lot, those two were 'rush' jobs for feed back. I'm still debating on horns, they look good on steel helms but I don't think they'd work well on the Cadian helms.

Just as an aside, I posted this pic of my HSO on another thread and decided that cause the first batch of pics here were crap I'd show him again, he belongs here anyway.

Gentlemen, let me introduce Thrumbold Couldren, aka "White Dwarf 40K!"

Quin 242
07-04-2007, 15:40
I dunno about the helmet. Sorry but I think whatever weapon you want your HSO to have would look better. You already converted him with a bionic eye so further conversion would not make him any less collectable.

Other than that he looks ace. :)

asmodai_dark86
07-04-2007, 22:37
The problem is (and correct me wrong) a bionic eye is quite easy to do, where as getting that helmet off would involved removing the entire hand and part of the beard. Its a nice trademark item

Ross
08-04-2007, 00:32
Your right Asamodai, the eye was a piece of cake to do, even using my tools (a stanly knife and super glue). The whide dwarf model was done (and inspired all this) about two to three years ago.
I have no intentions of changing him in any way, he's the WHITE DWARF lol.
"Trade mar item" I like that.

Keep em coming, Ross.

Quin 242
08-04-2007, 04:08
I think he actually means the wargear "Trade Mark Item" for IG. Page 36 Codex:IG

Ross
08-04-2007, 04:20
Yeah I figure that lol.
I've studied it countless times for 'counts as' reference.

Matt Stone
08-04-2007, 04:53
Regarding the chain mail - Back in the RT days, many models displayed a chain mail-esque under armor... The Eldar were the ones most commonly sculpted that way. The chain mail armor was described as a type of flak IIRC. So, I don't see leaving hefty amounts of chain on your Squats as taking away from them at all.

Regarding the horned helms - In addition to bandannas, berets, WWI type flight caps, etc., Squats had a rather varied assortment of head gear. Mold what you like, add horns as you see fit. Given the Squat proclivity for decoration with all manner of runes, sculpted Squat faces, etc., I don't see the horns being out of line with Squat "fluff." It's a cultural identity thing, like kilts on Scottish soldiers...

Also, not sure if your homegrown rules reflect it or not, but the RT Squats had a greater volume of heavy weapons than standard IG troops. Under current rules, you might want to consider some kind of allowance for Heavy Weapons Platoons to be taken as Troops instead of Heavy Support choices (or something like that; possibly allowing more heavy weapons crews per standard squad could be an option, too).

Glad to see Squats making a return. Though I hated the biker thing, Squats were tough opponents, even for RT era Space Marines, if played correctly. I had a friend who had nearly 5 - 7000 points (RT scale), and going up against him was "unpleasant" to say the least...

Quin 242
08-04-2007, 16:24
The Chain like armor was called Mesh and it seems to have disappeared in 2nd and 3rd editions. They don't explain the Lack of Mesh anymore. It was a nice middle ground between flak and Power Armor that they have since done away with :(

If you use IG you can get 0-5 heavy weapons squads as part of your HQ (2 Fire suppport/2 Anti-tank support/ 2 Mortars (Mole mortars)) so that should do just fine to supply heavy weapons :)
Otherwise you CAN get up to 3 extra squads per heavy choice. I have yet to need to go into my heavy support to get heavy weapons into my Squat IG and I have a LOT of shots per turn :)

Ross
09-04-2007, 01:40
I can see I've hooked you into this as much as I am lol.

Mr Matt Stone, nice to hear your comments pal, I'm using IG rules and doctrines (Die-Hards, Hardened Fighters, Cameoline, Enginseers for the Squat Package). I probably will put in Hvy Wpn squads attached to my HSO, but am reserving the HEAVY slots for cool tank conversions (I hope lol).

On that note, anyone got ideas on a Hvy weapon platform? I've used a Chaos Hvy Bolter but am not so sure on it now. I've wanted to do a mini tractor type device that carries around the gun. Maybe even a mobile weapons platform that will fit Hvy Wpn squads on top.

Quin mate, G'Day. Um correct me if I'm wrong but.... I was under the impression that IG Support squads were a '0-5' choice? Just being picky lol. On your comment of 'lot of shots per turn' hell yeah, my confederates are set up similar to that, and can pour out lots of shots, enemy mortar willing!

Now I've just finished quilting armour on some bodies, and I've done some helms (ran out of empty helms damn it), so it's time to assemble some of my new Vets.

More to come, Ross.

Quin 242
09-04-2007, 01:55
Yeah yeah yeah 0-5... how does my post contradict that??? ;)

Ross
09-04-2007, 02:49
If you use IG you can get 0-5 heavy weapons squads as part of your HQ (2 Fire suppport/2 Anti-tank support/ 2 Mortars (Mole mortars)) so that should do just fine to supply heavy weapons :)

Sorry, didn't want to sound like a c###. Honestly it's not worth worring about mate. We all know what you meant!

Love not Warhammer, Ross.

Ross
10-04-2007, 12:39
Well, now for the next instalment. I've done some new vets based on the 'tester' from before. I think the quilted vests came out rather well. A bit better spaced then the tester, as in you can actually make them out.
But you can't guess what I used to mark them;)
And yes I did cut the arms shorter lol.

I tried using the catachan arms for the Rambo style here, worked well but that damn right catachan arm screws me every time!
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/Vets2.jpg

The one on the right is the coolest of them all!
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/Vets1-1.jpg

Flamer conversion using random bits for the flamer and the Flame Cannon 'door opener' model.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/VetFlame.jpg

Well?

jasevx
10-04-2007, 12:45
Great work! thats a huge improvement than the originals!

Quin 242
10-04-2007, 17:00
I have to wait till I get home to see the pics but I'm curious :)

Ross
11-04-2007, 00:01
Hey there all. Just a quickie, the photo's were taken with a flash (It was 9pm out in the shed when taken) so seem alot brighter than they are. The flamer muzzle was Tin Bits, Boltgun dry brush, heavy Black dry near the tip with a Mithril edge highlight. Be stuffed it looks like it's all Mithril, damn flash.

I've decided to use the Hellhound as a Chimera as I will purchase another Chimera and convert it into a 'proper' Hellhound. I pland on giving it a 'hump' at the back, a sort of plated fuel tank, not the standard fuel drums. So I'll swap over the original Squat turret I made onto the new one and replace the then missing turret with one from the new box. Long winded but I think you get the picture!

First though, to complete what I've made, I'm going to paint the WIP Chimera from earlier and maybe get some games in. The wifes SoB's have been making 'short' jokes for too long and her Orks have been complaining too loud that I've been raiding their bits box. Time to settle some Grudges!!!!!!!

Tyra_Nid
12-04-2007, 05:59
Nice work mate, the thing I appreciate most is improvement in photo quality ;)

Have you changed cameras throughout the thread?

Other than that, nice work with the squats! Ive dabbled (http://www.gallery.leetgroup.net/convertsquats.htm) with Squats in the past, but not as much as you have.

Its good to see someone doing them!

Ross
12-04-2007, 11:28
Nice work mate, the thing I appreciate most is improvement in photo quality ;)

Have you changed cameras throughout the thread?

Thanks mate, BIG improvement I agree!
I'm using the same cam as before but I adjusted the setting from outside landscape to indoors fine detail. I also put the cam on the table to take the picture as I've got the shakes from coffee and smokes.

Saw the ones you did, they look good. Did you carve the new helmet out of the old ones? Nice job changing the sights by blocking them in.
And the storm bolter looks positively antique!

Off to kill some Sisters, Ross.

Ziljin
12-04-2007, 16:42
Love the flamer dude.

Ross
14-04-2007, 09:01
Isn't it amazing how much you can do over easter, then next to nothing when everything goes back to normal:)

Well here's the painted version of the WIP Chimera from before. I decided to weather this on a bit, mud scratches and shell holes.

Yes before you say anything, the top hatch isn't on as I'd glued the squat on top too far back, so it needs some work.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/ChimeraSD.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/ChimeraFRUP.jpg

Righto, now it seems that I've come up a little ....... Short ....... on Cadian helmets and other asorted goodies so I might have to make some Maneater Pirates for my bucaneer WFB army. Or not.

I'm sure I'll do something:angel:

Getifa Ubazza
14-04-2007, 11:45
I really like these guys. Cant wait to see a completed infantry squad.

Ross
14-04-2007, 12:04
When I get some more helmets from an unnamed member of warseer, and/or a mate who was suposed to bring them today (he didn't so I beat his gaurd with nurgle, that'll show him for turning up early without gifts for me :) ), I'll do a before and after of the first re-vamped squad. More than likley an AF squad as it's their chimera above us.

Quin 242
14-04-2007, 16:45
The flamer guy is just Genius. Love him.
Might scam your idea on that one :)

DigitsDavid
14-04-2007, 18:34
WOW! What a difference! Been away a week and these guys just got brilliant! The padded armour really works and shortening the arms has helped. The helmets look great too.

Righto, now it seems that I've come up a little ....... Short ....... on Cadian helmets and other asorted goodies so I might have to make some Maneater Pirates for my bucaneer WFB army. Or not.

I'm sure I'll do something:angel:

You'll have the same problem I have trying to find empty helmets for my skellies. A little bit of patience though and you can carve out the heads with a sharp scalpel. Not sure if it's on the heavy weapons sprue or the tank sprue, but the Cadian helment with sun glasses can look really cool once you've carfully removed his face!

Ross
15-04-2007, 02:04
@ Quinn - Be my guest mate, steal away. Thanks to the pics you sent I think these lil' guys will come alone nicely!

@David - Thanks mate. I made a GS sunnies one with GS hair, now he looks like a Hollywood Columbian drug lord :D

Bet you can't guess what I used to mark them;)

No one knows? I use a wood elf spear, the blades tapered perfectly for the grooves in the quilted jackets. Cool huh (I can hear you all "buy a freaking sculpting tool you cheap SOB")? :angel:

Ross
15-04-2007, 06:17
Cool, a quiet Sunday arvo, kids in bed, missus out, time to get set for the next step.

Now I'm going to do the 'fist' part of an armoured fist group as the tank was just done. I'll do the top hatch as well as de-fantasyfying (yup, I'm making up words now:eyebrows: ) a pre-made group. I'll mainly be blocking the chain shoulder pads and head changes. Some arm work may be needed but if so I'll use sapre Cadian ones. Any sugestions welcome.

So ..... The Before Shot.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQAFB4.jpg
HA HA HA HA HA you can see the cobwebs on the terrain HA HA HA HA HA

DigitsDavid
15-04-2007, 12:44
Terrain looks great, any chance of a few more piccies?

Quin 242
15-04-2007, 14:36
I find that a few cobwebs add to the realism of the battle :)
not like anyone lives in those blown up husks of buildings any more :)

Ross
17-04-2007, 01:28
G'day, g'day. back again. Thought I'd drop a pic of half the Fist squad. Just simple defantsy work. I've done caps based on old pics I found (and it was easy :) ). The viking helm I believe is hard to change, so I thought taking the peak (top) of and giving it a simple green paint like the shoulders.

The other 5 to do for this group will take a little more work as I'll use Cadian arms and some of the Converted helmets on them. I've got a pic from Wikidpedia (you know what I mean) of a plasma gunner that I'd like to re-create. That'll either be in this squad or another.

I'm now officialy out of helmets, I've 'gently' (re. Butchered) cut out the Cadian faces and plonked in trimmed down Dwarf heads. The whole thing isn't that much harder than using empty helms.

I left in a decent helping of terrain just for you DigitsDavid ;)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQAFHalfDone.jpg

Quin 242
17-04-2007, 01:59
Where'd ya get the hats?

Ross
17-04-2007, 02:15
Hey Quinn, I trimmed down some helmets (the ones the dwarves were wearing) and added a peak. Can also be done on Catachan buzz cuts. Simple but effective!

Quin 242
17-04-2007, 03:33
The caps look good. Well done Mod for the old dwarf heads.
Maybe you can shave a few and give 'em Doo rags :)

Ross
22-04-2007, 05:11
Well it's been a busy week, which had nothing to do with modeling!

I've now finished the other half of the armoured fist squad. I was going to do a 'group' photo but in modifying the hatch of the chimera I broke some bits. I also found out the standard Hvy Stub bracket sits to high and too far forward for the little people (live and learn!). So at the moment it's sitting here waiting for a mechanical gear set up and a targeting eye system. That'll fix it!

Ok so here's two redone with the new helms, the quilting done on the one on the right was a little tricky to do with the model being already built.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/2IFSQ.jpg

Here's two others, just a little modernising. Again I trimmed the viking helmet (I love the original one, but it does look out of place), I like it but I don't think I'll do too many more like it.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/2IFSQ1.jpg

Now for the plasma gunner I wanted to do a remake like the one from the Wickedpedia(sp?) site, but opted to do a lowered gun and a setting of the face shield. Don't think I pulled it off all that well, it looks like he has a headache.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/2IFSQ2.jpg

Well there you have it, time to fix that hatch and I'll do a group shot before I move onto the first 10 of the infantry platoon. Cheers!

cerealkiller195
22-04-2007, 07:03
more like "every shot is my last". LOVING how they are coming out.

Ross
23-04-2007, 09:05
I'm LOVING how these are coming out cerealkiller. I liked them before, but now I can't stop walking out into the shed and admiring them!

Sad but true!

Quin 242
23-04-2007, 14:14
you model in a shed??

jasevx
23-04-2007, 14:43
Obviously married, only place for peace and quiet!

Quin 242
23-04-2007, 15:00
Yikes. I'm having my first kid in November.. will I be needing to buy a shed soon?

Ross
23-04-2007, 15:47
Ha ha, yep two little ones that can't open doors, the only safe place for edible toys ;)

Ixajin
23-04-2007, 16:34
Just saw this thread, Ross your Squats are looking most excellent! Your vehicles are ace and I love the dozer blade on the Chimera. Now I know must people are not fans of the Trikes, but are you gonna make some or leave them off the field of battle? Either way I am gonna keep my one on this project, as I am loving it.

Easy E
23-04-2007, 16:50
Excellent work! The visors and field caps really bring me back to the old Rogue Trader days. I think you have done a good job minimizing the fantasy elements.

Can I recommend you look at these two threads for inspiration:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59021

and

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46402

cerealkiller195
23-04-2007, 20:40
i would too, if i did dwarves it would defintely cross over to 40k as squats i'm not even sure why. as i am always an "evil" army type of guy.

Ross
24-04-2007, 00:40
@Ixajin- Thanks bud, not sure on the trikes, I'm using the gaurd to re-create the rules and I can't come at using rough riders for trikes. The jury's still out on that one.

@Easy E- I've thumbed through those two threads for a bit now. Some inspiration for a more heavily armoured (though not exo-armoured, I have plans for that one) trooper is in the works.

@Cereal Killer- I would imagine it would be fairly easy to do the old chaos squat conversions. If you do (I think you should, you said it out aloud, binding contract ;) ) I'll fly over with mine and we'll have a good vs evil campaign!

Tyra_Nid
24-04-2007, 00:55
@Ixajin- Thanks bud, not sure on the trikes, I'm using the gaurd to re-create the rules and I can't come at using rough riders for trikes. The jury's still out on that one.

You could use them as heavy weapon squads? Do some sort of driver/gunner combo, with a heavy weapon attached. Probably not *completely* like the oldies, but it could work.

Maybe use them as sentinels? Actually, that would probably work better.

Ross
24-04-2007, 01:07
Tyranid that's brilliant, I've been stumped on heavy weapons 'new ideas.' I was thinking of doing a ground 'tractor' like machine about the size of a bike for heavy weapons, similar to your howlitzers but with a steam punk style. Similar in that it would have a guard around the gun and wheels :)

The trikes as sentinels would be perfect, slow, open topped, tougher than a lasgun, able to mount anti-tank, nice I like it.

Idea set!

Here's the group shot of the complete AFist squad. The first 'official' squad, all defantasised (yup, still making up words!)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQAFgroup.jpg

Quin 242
24-04-2007, 14:44
I sent you that very same Idea in one of our many e-mails Ross. Pay attention !! ;)
Open the attachment on the "this equals that" e-mail :)

Ross
24-04-2007, 15:13
Ahhhhh, the attachment. Avast didn't let me open it and I'd forgotten to get back to you on that <sheepish grin, hides red face>

Ross
25-04-2007, 15:21
Hey again, here's the next batch to receive the Ross Eye for the Little Guy make over. 10 Squats from the infantry platoon.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQSQ1Old.jpg

Now here's a bigger pic of the heavy bolter wielding stunty. Now he'll get the standard head+shoulders upgrade, but what's the general opinion? Should he keep the SM stance or should I go with the gun carriage IG style?
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQOldHvyB.jpg

jasevx
25-04-2007, 15:34
Does look a little to big for mim so I'd go with the carriage.

Barbarossa
25-04-2007, 15:37
Does look a little to big for mim so I'd go with the carriage.

Seconded. Or put some handles on the HB so that two Squats can carry it around.

cthorpe
25-04-2007, 19:41
Hi there,

These are looking great so far..

I too would go with a carriage for the Heavy bolter.. That just looks too top heavy at the moment for a squat to utilise as you show it at the moment..

As a thought though.. and one that would work.. the old Rogue Trader Squats had a shoulder carried and operated heavy bolter.. how about trying that?

Best wishes,

Carl

Quin 242
25-04-2007, 19:45
Ye-Hah.. you hit 3 pages Ross.
And still looking good.

As a side note.. give these guys a look: http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Squats_-_Unreleased

Ross
26-04-2007, 01:26
Well it's settled, carriage it is!
@jasevx- I agree!

@Barbarossa-I agree! I had thought the same thing, but I had a plan for the carriage and was wondering what others thought. The extra handles was meant to be on but it was one of those 'oversight zealous' thing when put together.

@cthorpe- hey carl, thanks for the compliment. The old RT heavy bolter looks like it's been phased out across all armies (SM, CSM, Eldar, DE ect.) so I was trying to avoid that one, plus, making one to fit would be a nightmare. Though I did see, I think it was Tyra_Nid's who did it, he put a storm bolter on the shoulder ala RT. Look great, right size, GS the little details ect.

@Quin- Mate where'd you find that one!! I've done heaps of net surf research but I've never come across that stuff. I've got 2 champs to do, might have to steal their unreleased ideas. Doesn't that exo-armour look mean, don't know about the shoulder gun though, but the rest of the details are briliant, I see more intelectual theft coming up!!

Well, off to do some make overs, <puts on an Austrian accent> "I'll be BAAACK"

Inquisitor Konig
27-04-2007, 05:26
have to say I like that heavy bolter model the most! nice job and keep it up!

cerealkiller195
27-04-2007, 07:43
you know pending on how orks get shafted schedule wise, i might do some chaos squats using LATD rules. Have to look to compendium i know has some art. Not sure what other books might have some..

Ross
27-04-2007, 09:18
you know pending on how orks get shafted schedule wise, i might do some chaos squats using LATD rules. Have to look to compendium i know has some art. Not sure what other books might have some..

COOL!!!! You'd better do a thread on them if you do!!

Now what is this magical 'compendium' you mentioned? The 80' citadel catalogues have a few blurred pics there and some times they're up on Ebay with good photo's. That's how I got my inspiration/reference, that and pics from Quin.

@Kong- He did look cool but everytime I imagine he shoots, he spins around with the kick. I had/have a platform in mind to convert so I'll go with that, why, cause it will be different (good I don't know, but different). Keep an eye out.

7 lasgun squats done, decided to finish the other 7 before I stress on the 2 heavy bolter models, the 2 plasma guns, and the 2 vet serg'. So no extra before shots, just results to come!!

mistformsquirrel
27-04-2007, 09:36
Ye-Hah.. you hit 3 pages Ross.
And still looking good.

As a side note.. give these guys a look: http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Squats_-_Unreleased

Was that a Squat in Terminator armor?! <o.@>

Quin 242
27-04-2007, 11:18
No. A Squat in Exo- armor :)

Ross
28-04-2007, 07:47
@mistformsquirrel- that's the best looking terminator/exo squat I've ever seen. What a little dude!

Ok here's the 7 rifle squats I did from the 1st squad of the infantry platoon (what a mouthful). As I said earlier, I'll do the next 7 from squad 2 before getting to the juicy stuff (VS, Spec Wpns, Hvy B).
But ..... I'm taking a little break (a day/week or so) to take my mind of this project and to keep it freshish and liveley. So I'm off to paint some dwarfs I've had sitting around for a while half done. Not a big difference but it's nice to paint a different colour!
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQSQ1x7.jpg

OK see ya's in awhile!

jasevx
28-04-2007, 09:07
Short angry men! Which ones Tom Cruise? ;)

Easy E
28-04-2007, 09:39
These really look like the old RT era guys.

Bless you good sir.

Quin 242
28-04-2007, 11:16
It's the helmets and the hats :)
Well done sir!!

Ross
29-04-2007, 01:38
ahhh, everyone hates Tom Cruise, that's why it's funny (Homer moment)

Thankyou guys for the praise, makes my already big head swell!!

It's amazing what a simple (yes they were simple, else I wouldn't have done it) head change does to a model isn't it!

Ross
03-05-2007, 04:03
Back again, this time with two 'easy' ones. Didn't take long to knock these ones up (re-convert). The dude on the left looks a bit wrong in the photo, but it's just an illusion, his right arm really isn't that long. The one on the right makes me want to do a grissled sci-fi dwarf prospector, floppy hat, pick, backpack, missing teeth!
The others are being difficult, making me go back to scratch for them. Oh well, that's working with little bearded men for you!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQsq2x2.jpg

mistformsquirrel
03-05-2007, 04:20
No. A Squat in Exo- armor :)

Might I just say "badass". Cause that's the only thing that applies. ... Wow.

(Also - great work on these squats Ross! Obviously being relatively new to 40k I don't know much about them; but they just look fantastic.)

black-francis
04-05-2007, 03:27
excellant. very cool. the tank is the best part. it's very dwarf without being too much so. you should be very proud

titan136
04-05-2007, 03:45
love the one in the fidel castro hat!

black-francis
04-05-2007, 03:48
whats great about this project/thread, is that these squats require only simple and basic modelling skills. i saw the squat concept art thread and it seemed far too involved and ambitious. i geuss what im trying to say is that your stuff is alot better because its more than just a CONCEPT.

Ross
04-05-2007, 09:01
He's a crazy little **** isn't he, that one highlighted tooth gives him so much character.

You work with what's available to you black-francis, that goes for models and abilities. I agree with your comments on the concept thread, great ideas but trying to put them in 3D would be a massive challenge unless you were a professional sculpter, which sad to say I am most certainly am not.

That aside, I must confess a great love for these little fellows, just the sheer time and effort in thinking and actually modeling them. You all know the feeling when you've scratch built or custom converted your own army. The sense of pride and a contentment. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot more to be done yet ......

Ross
06-05-2007, 03:54
First and foremost, my comments in the last posts were in no way meant to be disparaging to those doing the Squat Concept art thread, which is looking great by the way. My aim was/is to make models with the RT theme that we are all familiar with, however short of the mark I fall.

Appologies aside, here's the last standard rifle toting little men. I had a quiet Sunday morning so was able to finish the paintjobs (quiet after getting kids dressed, fed, apeased, all to give the little lady a sleep in <score points>)

Nothing fancy but here's they is!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQ2sqx5.jpg

Next to make; the plasma gunners, then the Vet Sergs. then the more involved heavy bolter mounts.

Back with more later, Ross.

schoolcormorant
06-05-2007, 11:22
heh heh these are cool :D

i like the green, nice work Ross :)

SC

Easy E
06-05-2007, 12:03
<-- Pulls out Compendium, looks at the Squat minis, looks at Ross's work, squints and looks at Compendium again, looks back at Ross's squats, jaw drops.

If I didn't know better, I'd say your Squats were RT era squats. Impressive.

Ross
06-05-2007, 14:25
Thanks SC, who would have thought British Racing Green, ooops, Dark Angels Green would work for squats, he he ;)

Easy E I try my best, still want to recreate the Wikipedia plasma gunner. That one should be cool, and I've got a tricky little trick up my sleeve for later, check out Quinns post on here on the un-released models.

Hint: Toppless, angry, bionics ........

Ross
07-05-2007, 13:14
So I managed a spare hour tonight (I threatened to quit work, so the boss put me back on full time) in which I knocked this guy up. The last plasma gunner for the infantry squad, the other being the "hair test" from a page or two ago.
I tried to make him up like the one from the 'Wikipedia' site found here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squats_(Warhammer_40,000)

So this is what I came up with, WIP not painted (obviously!!!).
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/WIPPlasma.jpg

So the heavy bolter's up soon (up to make that is), now I'm torn between the standard carriage or a low tractor platform with the gun to the left side and the squat gunner to the right. The gunner would have a targeter computer screen, joy stick, the gun would be on an 'up/down' bracket with the 'left/right' movement provided by moving the whole platform. All on a medium sized round base.

Now I'm not sure on this as I was thinking of useing it for the lascannons, but might be used for both. Dun'no, give us an idea on what you guys would do?

I'm off to consult with the little lady on another project, will start a new thread if it works out. Catch ya's later, Ross.

schoolcormorant
07-05-2007, 13:56
heh s-weet.

nice conversion, you are very talented with GS :)

SC

Sling
07-05-2007, 15:40
Love that little guy :D

Ross
07-05-2007, 23:02
@SC- Thanks, that's one comment I never expected to hear :)

@Sling- Thanks you sir, you were talking about mine right!?!? Those Wikipedia ones are awesome, simple yet detailed. Why is it we only want what we can't have?

jasevx
07-05-2007, 23:10
your conversions are improving by the model, keep it going!

Ross
07-05-2007, 23:28
It's all "laziness'" fault jasevx, on projects like this it easy to make the first few look good but by the 20th one I start to get a little sloppy and perhaps even, dare I say it, bored? (not bored but maybe .... blassae (and yup I'm still making up words))
Thanks for the encouragement!!

Quin 242
08-05-2007, 04:26
I think you meant Blase' and it's not a made up word

Ross
08-05-2007, 11:27
Damn Quinn, there goes my reputation for making up new words, doh! :D

jasevx
08-05-2007, 11:30
Whats your next step Ross?

Ross
08-05-2007, 13:36
Well, I was thinking of making a word that means both "bad foot odour" and "hot chocolate" .........:D

Oh, you mean the models? I put an undercoat over the plasma gunner tonight then got a little distracted. For my squats, next I'll do the 2 vet serg' then onto the heavy bolters. I've still not decided on the mobile low tractor platform, or the standard carriage. What I have decided though is either way it will have a 'sculpted' dwarf visage on the gun guard to make it look like a squat with a big gun on his shoulder, ala RT.

My distraction tonight (beside a 2yr old and a 9month old) is a new project!
dum-dum-dum-dum-dannn-nnnaaaa
The little lady and I decided last night to rekindle our love of roleplaying games (mind above the belt gents). After seeing the Firebase mag #3 and a flurry of Necromunda downloads we decided on a Fallout style game.
So, of course we need a lead female role. So we downloaded some kinda risky pics of ladies with guns for "reference" ;) and I've begun the process of bringing our heroine to life. We can't afford to pick up Escher(sp?) models from the UK or US so it's time to scratch build which I've now realised is going to be a long, long, drawn out process. Though I've got some ripper ideas for characters along the way, villians, monsters <dream, dream, dream>

schoolcormorant
08-05-2007, 14:02
man that is cool.....

how to keep the marriage alive? well we dress up with guns and armour and pretend we're in fallout. :D

SC

Ross
08-05-2007, 14:18
man that is cool.....

how to keep the marriage alive? well we dress up with guns and armour and pretend we're in fallout. :D

SC

:D I ain't making a model of that scene :D

jasevx
08-05-2007, 16:35
Ross if you want pics for your project, this is exactly what you described:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=41168.html

Ross
08-05-2007, 23:19
ooooh more tasty distractions!!! That's going to keep me entertained for hours!!!!! Cheers!!

Ross
13-05-2007, 05:15
OK so I've sorta let this one fall by the wayside but I promise I'll add some more soon, or should that be make some more soon :o

Trilbydude@Dragon
31-05-2007, 22:46
Well, its looking fantastic so far. I've started writing a faudex for rouge squats named Codex:Raiders. it does exactly what it says on the tin. basically, piratical squats that (obviously) Didn't want to return to golgotha.

Ross
01-06-2007, 03:39
Got a shock when this thread hit the front page, he he cool!
Maybe I should rekindle the little fellas, would save picking the bits of the floor every couple of days after the boy goes nuts :)

@ Trilby- I would be interested in having a look at that, these models that I've done were built with the IG list specificaly.

Quin 242
01-06-2007, 04:02
OK so I've sorta let this one fall by the wayside but I promise I'll add some more soon, or should that be make some more soon :o

Get to it!!

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
03-06-2007, 15:59
Duuuudem squats! givesses uss mooore :D

Ross
03-06-2007, 23:35
I was going to say I'd not picked up a Squat in about a month, but I kicked the box they were in last night, SS guard confederates and squats everywhere. Close to 200 infantry in one big pile grrrrrrrr.

If I get time I'll add the nessecary(sp?) bits to round out the force to 1000pts, plus it'll help clean up the shelves in the lounge room. Anything to keep the missus happy !! :)

Ross
24-06-2007, 13:53
Well then, in the name of 'keeping the missus happy' I've had a bash at clearing off the bookshelves is the lounge room. I've got a box full of dwarf parts and other assorted bits for Squat conversion, so I've had a dab at tidying up the loose ends.

Did a quick fix on the 2 V/S for the 2 platoon squads.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/WIPSquatVS001.jpg

Now I'm almost at a clear 1000pts, but I need to knock up the heavy bolter teams and a V/S with a powerfist for the veteran squad as well as meltagun wielding vets. Actualy, for the hvy bolters it's just the gun and the gunner (x2) I need to do. But the problem is I'm still at a loss as how to do them (yes even after a month on hiatus), I don't know whether to go with big base slightly scenic with gun on tripod with gunner, or low tractor platform with gun and gunner on top, or wheel carraige with gunner behind, or Squat construct robot thing with a gun for a head, or a piece of cardboard with the words Heavy Bolter written on it based on a dinner plate :wtf:

jasevx
24-06-2007, 13:59
Keeping the missus happyis paramount! if mine finds warhammer in the living room, in automatically goes in the bin.

Squats are coming on great tho, how about a group shot?

ginger space marine
24-06-2007, 14:11
simply awesome :) :)

Ross
24-06-2007, 14:54
simply awesome

Why thankyou sir :) They look better now than when I'd done the first edition :)

Keeping the missus happyis paramount! if mine finds warhammer in the living room, in automatically goes in the bin.

Squats are coming on great tho, how about a group shot?

Ask and ye shall receive!! Keep in mind though it's 11.49pm and the shot was taken in the shed with crap light so I had to use the flash :(
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatsGroup001.jpg

Now left to right or so, there's the IF squad, two platoon squads both missing heavy bolters and with WIP VS and a plasma gunner, then the vets with chimera. I'm keeping the 'hellhound' as a chimera till I get a new chimera chasis and then swap the turret. The HSO and JO aren't present as they both need to be updated and basicaly reworked all over. Still lots to go......

EDIT the colour difference on the two tanks is because the one on the right is dusty. Let that be a lesson to you all to put your models away when not in use <smile>

jasevx
24-06-2007, 14:59
now the feeling, mine are covered in dust, i rinse them under a tap before I take them gaming.

How Armies looking Great Ross!

Ross
24-06-2007, 15:07
Thanks man, they do look cool set up for battle, and even better when half of them survive :evilgrin:

Quin 242
24-06-2007, 15:12
I kinda like the dusty look. :) Instant free weathering :)

Ross
24-06-2007, 15:20
Hey that could be a great idea for necrons, sleeping away the ages then coming online :)

Arhalien
24-06-2007, 16:12
Great stuff Ross. I've been following this log without posting, but I felt I should now :)
I really like the visors on those two Squats above, and the whole army looks very nice :)

Ross
24-06-2007, 23:24
Thanks mate, glad you piped up :) I forgot how cool they looked, now I'd better get them up to 1000pts, then after tax time I should have some more armour to dish out for them.

Ross
26-06-2007, 14:10
Enter the painted V/S's and the Wikipedia mock plasma gunner.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatVSPG001.jpg

Finally decided on a course of action for the heavy bolters, I'll go the standard tripod/bipod mounted version with wheel barrow handles. I might use the Chaos HB as it's a bit smaller than the IG one, either that or modify some ork big shootas (the vehicle mounted ones).

jasevx
26-06-2007, 14:12
Just love them, should name the Josh, Sam and William!

You taking this lot up to 1500 points Ross?

schoolcormorant
26-06-2007, 14:16
he's got a green beard :p:D:p:D

very nice mate!

SC

Ross
26-06-2007, 14:23
Thanks gents, I did the math about a month ago, and it blew out to about 2500pts :( I'm planning on adding a rhino (I've got one of the old short ones) due to a picture from a citadel catalogue. But to do that I need to use allies, so I was thinking of using SoB rules for some converted bolter and power armoured squats. Cool huh? :)

I want to do the full compliment of IG tanks Squatified (one of each) and I wouldn't mind adding a Landraider, again 'cause the squats of old used of most tanks.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
26-06-2007, 16:50
SoB Squats O.O
You could make them some kinda.. ancient, venerable "runts o kickass" With exeptionally killy moments (faith points spent) :D

Ross
27-06-2007, 03:18
Yeah it'll work Kraal!! I think .....

It'll probably be one squad (to fit in the rhino) and the rules I'll use will be SoB Celestians, their profile is slightly higher than a guardsman, good WS and BS, power armour, bolters, 'Holy Hatred' rule shows the combat orientation I wanted and the faith point ...... probly just forget it.

I know some use grey knights for their exo-squats but the profile and special rules seem a little powerful for my tastes.

Quin 242
27-06-2007, 13:35
Aww... Grey knights and Exo's were built for each other :)

I'll break out my squad of the round lil killy machines later tonight if you like :)

Ross
27-06-2007, 13:49
I reckon you can show the 'real deal' on here Quinn, I'd like to see them again :) (and again, and again, and .....)

Quin 242
27-06-2007, 13:50
I still got a box full of the stunties that I'm looking to unload....
You still interested?

I'd rather they went to a home where they'd be appreciated than to put the on E-bay and who knows what will happen to them :(

Ross
27-06-2007, 13:56
Hmmm do I bite the bullet and get real ones?!?!?! I probably should!!

Email coming your way!!

jasevx
29-06-2007, 09:52
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARHAMMER-40K-SQUAT-LOADER-WITH-PLASMA-GUN_W0QQitemZ260133491935QQihZ016QQcategoryZ123867 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/40k-Squat-Captain-Long-OOP-Rare_W0QQitemZ280127929870QQihZ018QQcategoryZ12386 7QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Two of about 30 I've found, they still are quite common in the UK. You need any Ross?

Ross
29-06-2007, 12:48
Hey that's the one I tried to make lol "Squat with flamer?" I thought it was a plasma gun?

I'm still not sure on adding 'propper' squats to the force, would they take away from what I'd done? Would they add credability?

Would they be good to add money wise?

jasevx
29-06-2007, 13:04
Well I'll do you a deal, I'll 'aquire one' and send it to you. See how it blends in. Could use them as veterans!

Ross
29-06-2007, 13:21
OK jase you're on, I'll PM further on this one. :)

Easy E
29-06-2007, 17:30
For what it is worth, I think you should go pure conversion. This will show alot of people out there what can be done. Maybe it will inspire people to build their own all squat force.

Ross
30-06-2007, 00:01
See that's kinda what I was thinking. Mine are unique (until someone does it better) with each one lovingly tampered with :) You all know the feeling of pride you get when you look at a fully converted model, be it a brilliant command chimera to a simple marine sergeant with a new dynamic pose. I'm not sure I could feel the same way about a 'stock standard' purchased model.

Don't get me wrong I have plenty of stock models in my collection, but I tend to look at them differently than how I view my squats, or my 13th Co. where each is an idividual, or my nurgle where the pus is different on each one :)

Ross
30-06-2007, 06:38
Hey, I was tinkering with the HB's and found two tripods from the IG guns, joined it with the chaos HB and ta da.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatHBWIP.jpg

What do you's think, OK or not so?

jasevx
30-06-2007, 09:00
To high, bring it lower

Ross
30-06-2007, 11:32
I'll try with the bipod from the scout bolter and soo how that goes :)

ginger space marine
30-06-2007, 13:16
Ross you have made stunties cool again :)

Ross
30-06-2007, 13:41
thanks ginger, hard work but someone's gotta do it ;)

Quin 242
30-06-2007, 13:41
Ross you have made stunties cool again :)

AGAIN?
Stunties have always been cool.

jasevx
30-06-2007, 13:42
this place is full of red heads!

Ross
30-06-2007, 14:11
@ Quinn - I'll let you and Ginger fight that one out :)

@ Jase - as long as the curtains match the carpet!! I'm going to ask for proof soon, I think there are alot of ginger posers in here lol :D

Put the scout bipod on as a tester, two positions, tell me what you think.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/WIPSQHB001.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/WIPSQHB002.jpg

Now the shoulder stocks staying, the regular twin handgrips cool, but not something I'm all that keen on with these guys (there arms are to short to work with, it's a freaking nightmare to set them up with rifles!!).

And no kneeling, they're short enough as is <smile (stinking 5 limit)>

Apart from that little tirade, I'm all open for suggestions!!

Rictus
30-06-2007, 14:14
To high, bring it lower
Or have the stunty sitting on a box?

this place is full of red heads!
God, they must be breeding. Is that allowed?

Looving the work Ross. Are you building up to a Land Train?

Ross
30-06-2007, 14:19
I contemplated a 40k sized Land train but the bastard would be 3' long!!

jasevx
30-06-2007, 14:27
not sure on the bipod position, militarily the forward one is best

Ross
30-06-2007, 14:58
Hells bells, I really don't know about this whole HB idea. I like them to have one, but so far none of the ideas look all that flash. The idea of a 'mobile infantry' squad lugging around something that looks like it weighs the same as half the squad .....

Visual summary:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/Happybaby.jpg

Might just go with a rocket launcher, much easier to make, and cart around for that matter. Doubles as a big club in H-H (as long as there's no rocket still in it :eyebrows: )

jasevx
30-06-2007, 15:18
thats so cruel! which ones that Ross?

Mr Zephy
30-06-2007, 17:14
Have you thought about the metal heavy weapons? With the wheels? I'd imagine squats could wheel something about...

CassiusDraconis
30-06-2007, 20:13
Have you considered having the heavy weapons teams ride on motorized gun carriages using the Ork wartrack treads? Sort of a mini squat tank maybe.

Ross
30-06-2007, 23:47
@ Jase - That's Sophie, on her birthday no less :( She's got the sweetest smile, just, not, there ....!

@Mr Zephy - Thought about it but don't know?

@CassiusDraconis - I'm going to do the lascannon teams like that, thought about doing the HB's like that too, but half settled on just the lascannons.

Ross
01-07-2007, 02:10
Did some math this morning, going for 1000pts. Working on what I have on what's attainable here's what I've got to aim for:

All squads have the Hardened Fighters doctrine, and the special equipment Cameleoline (to represent them being shorties :) )
144) HSO Bionics, P/W, B/P, Doctrine Iron Discipline
4xVets with B/P, one with Standard

135) Anti-Tank, 3x Lascannons

185) 8x Vets (including V/S with P/F, B/P), Plasma gun,
Chimera with hull HB, Turret HF

119) JO P/F, B/P, Doctrine Iron Discipline
4x Vets with B/P

117) Sqaud 1: V/S with B/P
Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher

102) Squad 2: V/S with B/P
Plasma Gun

195) A-Fist V/S with B/P
Plasma Gun
Chimera with Hull HB, turret Multi-Las, Pintle Stubber

=997

So I need to modernise the HSO, JO. Make the Lascannon teams, one more lasgun squat for squad 2, the missile launcher, the P/F wielding serg for the hardened vets.

Still some work to go!! C&C?

catbarf
01-07-2007, 02:27
What about sharpshooters? I tohught Squats are really good gunsmiths- it would be explained by their highly well-made guns.

Ross
01-07-2007, 13:40
I'd run that through my mind catbarf ( a charming handle by the way ;) ), but I'd settled on the hardened fighters as i'd wanted them up close and 'in your face.' Yes to all you shooty guard players, toe to toe using guard is lots of fun!!

Problem is there's heaps of doctrines etc that I'd love to use but I've only got 5 to work with and I want Hvy Wpn's, Enginseer's, Priests, so I'm running 6 already but eh aye?

jasevx
05-07-2007, 09:50
Ross, el Capetan is on route, should be with you next week :)

Ross
05-07-2007, 09:57
Lovley, was needing a VS, this lil fella should do the trick :) You have my grattitude sir, I'm in your debt :)

jasevx
05-07-2007, 10:02
Nah, your a gwar, just done it out of pity ;)

Ross
05-07-2007, 10:08
Ha, you knob :) Put your thankyou in the post this arvo, should be there by Friday next week!!

If it arrives ticking, it's probably not from me :eyebrows:

jasevx
05-07-2007, 10:14
Yes you tight git, you wouldn't spend the cash on a battery for it.

Ross
05-07-2007, 14:48
ha ha, op-shop mechanical one, you have to pull it out and wind it before it goes off, the instructions are on the envelope :D

Easy E
06-07-2007, 10:46
I imagine that they would use motorized/remote platorms similar to Rapier Laser Destroyer carriages. Why lug the big gun when the machine can do it for you?

Ross
06-07-2007, 10:58
My thoughts too Easy-E, though your reference is not known to me :(

cthorpe
06-07-2007, 13:24
Hi Ross..

Check this out.. this is the rapier laser destroyer :)

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2046impguardassault.htm

Best wishes,

Carl

Ross
06-07-2007, 15:23
Thanks cthorpe, that's pretty much what I had in mind, now I've got a visual reference!! Thanks :)

Easy E
07-07-2007, 11:24
Also, take a look at my last post in the Squats Concept Art Thread. It had some pics of real world Warbots that you might find interesting as a basis.

Reproduced links here:
http://www.informationliberation.com/files/warbots1.jpg
http://www.sachsreport.com/grenade%20bot%20imagine%20a%20dozen%20of%20these%2 0charging%20at%20you%20while%20they%20play%20a%20r ecording%20of%20a%20rabbit%20being%20killed%20at%2 0top%20volume.jpg

Ross
07-07-2007, 15:14
Cheers E, they look tough, just the look I'm after :)

Going to go with an old school lascannon (old school as in Flash Gordon, Buck Rodgers era) mounted on a tracked chasis with a squat tech with wired remote and another tech off to the side. 3 guns, 3 tech with remotes, 3 tech's with tools. Cool or what?

Now I've just got to get off me butt and do the damn things ;)

floyd pinkerton
07-07-2007, 20:47
cool squats. I like the original fanatsy ones quite a lot.i don't know why, they just appeal to me

MJO
07-07-2007, 21:18
Jesus… and I thought everybody rejoiced the day those little abominable creatures were consumed by some hungry nids. I always hated this dwarf in space concept (until I learned about Necrons & Tau and started to hate those).:p

Nah, seriously, it’s not that bad.;) They were just never my favourites. But the more I browse through this thread, the more me likes ‘em…
Very nice stuff you do there Ross!

About the 5 doctrine limit: Just disregard that I’d say. After all a lot of the official guard Rgts use more than 5 too, so…

Tom

Inquisitor Konig
08-07-2007, 00:04
I really think you should take carapace instead of camilion... would be better when combined with Hardened Fighters.

Ross
08-07-2007, 00:37
cool squats. I like the original fanatsy ones quite a lot.i don't know why, they just appeal to me

I was quite taken with the fantasy ones too, just not that keen on the game. When I see fantasy, I see the old D&D games of 70's and 80's, Warhammer doesn't have enough of that sort of thing.

Jesus… and I thought everybody rejoiced the day those little abominable creatures were consumed by some hungry nids. I always hated this dwarf in space concept (until I learned about Necrons & Tau and started to hate those).:p

Nah, seriously, it’s not that bad.;) They were just never my favourites. But the more I browse through this thread, the more me likes ‘em…
Very nice stuff you do there Ross!

About the 5 doctrine limit: Just disregard that I’d say. After all a lot of the official guard Rgts use more than 5 too, so…

Tom

I agree with your thoughts on the Tau and Necrons, though I'm warming to the Tau, probably more so the allies they get and the hopes they get more better ones.
With the doctrines, I kinda wanted to take them to a Tourney and showcase them a bit, say "ha, they're not dead redshirts" then lose every match I play ;)

I really think you should take carapace instead of camilion... would be better when combined with Hardened Fighters.

I play WYSIWYG pretty tightly, I'm just not sure the armour they've got could be considered Carapace. I've seen people use unmodified Cadians and call it carapace, which it's not. Stormies armour however ......
So I don't know if I can justify calling them Carapaced :)

Ross
08-07-2007, 11:46
Got some time in on the rocket launcher armed squat and his loader, still very WIP at the moment, but just keeping you all updated.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQMLWIP001.jpg

Now to show the size diference in the missile launcher, I was going to scratch it but went the lazy way and cut down an IG one.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SQMLWIP002.jpg

jasevx
08-07-2007, 12:56
looking good with them so far Ross!

Inquisitor Konig
08-07-2007, 14:34
I play WYSIWYG pretty tightly, I'm just not sure the armour they've got could be considered Carapace. I've seen people use unmodified Cadians and call it carapace, which it's not. Stormies armour however ......
So I don't know if I can justify calling them Carapaced :)

All I am saying is that if Esylian Drop Troops have carapace than your stumppies could too. Personaly I think they look more armored than Cadians, even if Cadians only have 5up saves no one would argue that your Squats dont have Carapace armor...

Just think of it as them being "hard to kill" like dwarfs in Morthiem that need a 6 to be taken out of action instead of a 5+ like everyone else!

Ross
08-07-2007, 14:55
Thanks jase :)

You've made an interesting point there Konig, the models are almost all helmet, which is carapace:)

What say you posters and lurkers alike, drop Cameloine for carapace?

Mr Zephy
08-07-2007, 19:04
Well: you've seen the tactica in Firebase on carapace guard? It can work, and I'd imagine that stumpie fellows might want to carry more armour in tunnels...

jasevx
09-07-2007, 13:40
Ross, just had an email stating Captain short **** has been shipped via airmail. Keep an eye out for him!

Easy E
09-07-2007, 14:50
Carapace. In the old days Squats had a 4+ save. In addition, they were well known for their carapace breastplates, which they wore in addition to flak armor.

MJO
09-07-2007, 15:12
Yeah carapace. It's allso a bit more WYSIWYG compatible than cameloine I'd say...

Tom

Ross
09-07-2007, 15:15
Waiting with baited breath Jase!! Has the brit post been on strike again this week? I was meant to get some stuff late last week and it hasn't got here yet :(

Cool, Easy-E, Mr Zephy, MJO, Inq Konig, Carapace it is :)

jasevx
09-07-2007, 15:18
No, its been ok for a week now

Ross
09-07-2007, 15:24
Ah well, must just be a crappy delay. Waited a month for a package of parts that should have taken a week. Turns out the customs sniffer dogs took an interest in it, had a sticker and a leaflet saying it was opened and prodded.

Let that be a lesson to you all, don't smoke pot then send packages to people, customs scrapes it for contraband ;)

Ross
13-07-2007, 13:49
Did done the rocket crew WIP, all GSed and stuff. Base 'em tomorrow, undercoat tomorrow night or Sunday morning, paint the next day :)

At a bit of a loss at the moment, don't know whether to start on the rebuild/paint the HSO or JO models or just wait out until I get hold of the oncoming Squat champion model. Decisions decisions! :)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/Squatx2wipML.jpg

DigitsDavid
13-07-2007, 13:53
Oh yes! I like these two figures! Just need to straighten up the missile a little.

Ross
13-07-2007, 14:30
Gave it a wiggle to get it straighter, it broke!! Not only that it fell on the floor, MIA for 10 mins!! Stuck it on a little straighter (i can't cut a straight line if my life depended on it) but turning it slightly. It'll have to do now :)

Ross
15-07-2007, 14:33
Taa Daa :)
Did some painting, hence the pics in colour!! Missile Launcher team complete:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatMLTeam001.jpg

Just to prove they're not just 2D paper cutouts (WTF?) here's a bit more:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatMLTeam002.jpg

EDIT: Gotta love how, when you blow a pic up to 20 times the size of the model you get to see all the mistakes, hee hee.

And here's a pic of two Squats I made about a year ago and almost 3 years ago respectivley:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/DynamicDuo003.jpg

Easy E
15-07-2007, 14:41
I think the last two need some visors GS'ed onto them. ;)

The missile team looks great. I think it was a good idea to cut down the launcher.

On the WIP photo, it looked like you used the hollowed out cadian helmet for the head. Did you then trim a dwarf head down and stick it inside, and use the GS visor to cover up the details?

Ross
15-07-2007, 14:51
I think the last two need some visors GS'ed onto them. ;)

Yeah, but the buggers keep moving on me ;)

On the WIP photo, it looked like you used the hollowed out cadian helmet for the head. Did you then trim a dwarf head down and stick it inside, and use the GS visor to cover up the details?

On the WIP, I used the helmet as an indicator of what style head I'd put in. I've three styles under my belt for these, subbing in a Catachan haircut, carving helmet and adding a brim for a cap, and the helmets.

No the helmets certainly do use a trimed down dwarf head slotted inside, I square the inside of the helm, slice the dwarf helmet off, leaving as much face as possible. Trim down the side of the face just beside the eyes.
While doing the trimming of the face I sometimes trim a little too much, just a fraction of a mil will make the whole thing suck, so in that case, a visor fixes it perfectly :)

(Long winded, but that's how I managed the heads ;) )

Ross
16-07-2007, 01:05
Here's the next squad to get a re-make, the HSO and his boys. All covered in dust and cobwebs :)

Before:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatHSOBefore.jpg

Now I'm keeping the standard dude, will change his head, give him a different beard as befitting a veteran. Head change on the others, the vox Squat will go, thinking of medic or special weapon wielder.
The HSO himself won't be changed at all, just fix up some chips and de-dust him.

BDJV
16-07-2007, 01:11
Ross, I see you are a man of many talents and projects!

I raise my glass to you! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/beer2.gif

I truly enjoy your projects. You're a true class act, brother!

Again here to you! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/beer.gif

Jim

schoolcormorant
16-07-2007, 01:11
:eek: VERY NICE! what's the recipe for the gold?!?!

SC

Ross
16-07-2007, 01:17
Thanks BDJV :) When the new chaos codex comes out, I may revisit my Khorne, give you a run for your money (or more likley, show you how to do it wrong ;) )

Recipe Schoolie would be IIRC, Tinbitz, Brazen Brass (or Dwarf Bronze they're a very similar colour and I generaly just grab the closest colour at hand :) ), Flesh Wash, Shining Gold, then nowdays add a little very light Chainmail drybrushing very light, just tips.

Edit: I don't know if you can see it, but the green on the standard has little metalic flecks in it, sometimes changing your water after using metals is a good thing ;)

BDJV
16-07-2007, 01:25
Thanks BDJV :) When the new chaos codex comes out, I may revisit my Khorne, give you a run for your money (or more likley, show you how to do it wrong ;) )

Never wrong just different! :D

P.S. I love Squats! I still have a bunch of the old plastic ones I may just have to update them. You've got me inspired! Now where did I put those Thudd guns and mole mortars!

Ross
16-07-2007, 01:29
Now where did I put those Thudd guns and mole mortars!

You bugger, I've gotta scratch that sort of thing :rolleyes: :D

Hey, got a request for you, if you do find them, would it be possible for you to throw some good detailed pics up here for me? I'm toying with the idea for some of those but am a little unsure on how easy they'd be to recreate.

BDJV
16-07-2007, 01:48
No prob, when I dig them out I'll do that.

Ross
16-07-2007, 06:39
Wooo Hooo baby, look what came in the mail for me today, right from sunny ol' England:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatGift.jpg
Thanks a million Jasevx!! :)

Now is that lil' fella cool or what!?!

I have a real official Squat in amongst my 47 converted Squats, quite the odds :)

Bit of a pickle though, I want him in a position of authority, but am not sure whether to do some cutting and changing. I really wanted my V/S with bolt pistols, the same goes for JO's, so do I go with as he is or change him?

dr.oetk3r
16-07-2007, 06:47
Squats are the epitome of badass.

Nice work.

Ross
16-07-2007, 07:21
Without a doubt, Dr, without a doubt :)

Thanks!

Tyra_Nid
16-07-2007, 07:55
Keep it the same! The mini is too valuable to hack up :)

Ross
16-07-2007, 08:29
Yeah, kinda what I was thinking Tyra_Nid.

By the way, where's your light infantry horsemen gone to these days, I'm missing that in my life of late, bring them back!! Use the force Luke!!

(cheeky I know, but I really would like to see some more of them)

Ross
16-07-2007, 14:43
Head swapped, rebuilding under works. Done the GS too!! Well, only on 3, the three with the bolt pistols. Still unsure on the last one, special weapon or medic, don't know.

The beard's rough, but hopefuly paint'll fix her up. Tried a captain/commissars hat but it looks like the sea captains fishing hat :wtf: :D
Well here they is:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/GSHSOcrewSquats.jpg

jasevx
23-07-2007, 07:55
Well away for a week and another squad done, great Ross!

Glad the officer arrived safely, weapon swaps are fine, people cringe when you hack the detail stuff.

Ross
23-07-2007, 10:26
Here's two of the HSO's vets, I took one off show as there's something wrong with him, don't quite know what that something is, but when I find it I'll rectumfry it.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/CMND001.jpg

Now I've tinkered and fiddled and fine tuned my 1000pt list and I have but a missile launcher and a single melta for my anti-armour. With a few points left I though a lascannon Sentinel would do the trick. Soooooo, I thought a modified mining rig would suit the roll nicely. Here's the mock up:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatSentinelWIP1.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatSentinelWIP.jpg

Now there's to be an engine/pipes behind the cabin, lots of rivits, the lascannon head I'm thinking will be changed to one of the 1920's sci-fi dish stlye.
Well, does the idea have merit? What about the model design?

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
23-07-2007, 12:08
O.O! Coolio sentinel!

Ross
24-07-2007, 00:46
So the idea's got merit?

How about the rough draft model?

Regimental
24-07-2007, 04:51
First off, wow. I love it. This has actually made me dig out my squat box and look at it longingly. Still didn't break the wrap though. Not yet.

As for the rig... WOW. It's a great idea. It has lots of merit and looks cool in the process. Way to go. Put the flame cannon gunner lad in the back controlling it and presto, sentinel miner!!!!

Reg

Ross
24-07-2007, 04:58
Like he's driving it from a platform at the back like a frontend loader?

If that's what you mean it's not a bad idea at all.

Regimental
24-07-2007, 05:37
Exactly what I meant. With a whole bunch of levers and knobs to make it look like an excavation machine, and presto, squatty sentinel.

Reg

Ross
24-07-2007, 10:22
Not a bad idea at all. Like the idea, but I don't know though, lots more work in that ;)

BDJV
25-07-2007, 07:56
Hey Ross I like the sentinel idea and concept model.

Ok as promised pics of the Thudd gun for you. Don't mind the paint job it must be 18 years old.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/40K/Thuddresized.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/40K/Thudd2resized.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/40K/Thudd3resized.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/40K/Thudd4resized.jpg

So far I have only found my first RT box so no mole mortars yet.

BDJV
25-07-2007, 08:01
"Double post due to picture limit."

I also found about thirty of these. You've got me inspired to do something with them.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/40K/Squatsresized.jpg

Plus three of these guys for support.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/40K/Ogrynresized.jpg

What self respecting Squat ally wouldn't have some "Rain Grenades"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/40K/OgrynraingrenadesCropped.jpg

Ross
25-07-2007, 08:01
Hey thanks mate very much appreciated!!

Are they just standard 'steel' wheels?
And,
Is that a tractor tank tread motor on the back?

You dropped those while I was typing ;)
I was thinking of adding some Ogryns (have half a box of the ogre kingdoms models in the shed). Great grenades :D
You really should do something with those!! To the same standard as your Zerkers too I might add ;)

BDJV
25-07-2007, 08:03
No problem!

Yes they are steel wheels in metal instead of plastic. Yes it has a motorized track in the back.

Ross
25-07-2007, 08:10
Hmmmm, and I was sitting on Warseer as I am waiting for GS to dry on a heap of Bunker models wondering what to do now, guess I know now :)

Oh, got 12 old multipart dwarfs coming soon (week or so), going to try for another helmet style, a re-make of the OLD ones with goggles instead of a visor, then shuffle them into the existing squads (have a 35 infantry platoon then). That's the plan anyway. Plus with what I've got in my bits, I'll have enough for crew and technicians.

I'll need two or three though for the bunker project, got some characters in mind ;)

BDJV
25-07-2007, 08:18
Sounds like a good plan, I cannot wait to see what you come up with next!

Off topic; I burnt my left hand pretty bad just over a week ago and have been unable to paint. It's almost healed now so I should be able to update my Zerker project this week.

jasevx
25-07-2007, 09:56
Ross,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6914846.stm

Just thought you'd like to check out your Grandparents ;)

Ross
25-07-2007, 10:17
How'd you burn your hand BDJV?

Cool jase, have to check with my parents on their great great gran's see what I can find :)

BDJV
25-07-2007, 11:08
I was making spaghetti I scalded it with boiling hot water while attempting to drain the water off the pasta. I lost my grip and the pot slipped. I had a pretty nasty blister in between my thumb and fore finger.

The blister is mostly gone now, it still doesn't feel great but in a day or two I should be able to comfortably hold a mini and paint.

Ross
25-07-2007, 11:10
Great spot for a burn!! Sliced myself there while at the meatworks years ago, bugger of a spot!

Ross
30-07-2007, 06:24
ALMOST DONE!!!!!!

Yup, I'm only 4 painted models and a scratched built sentinel away from having 1000pts of Squats!! I'll be painting these few then put some time in on the sentinel. Got 12 old dwarf models in the post today, so will be considering my options for them. Perhaps crew for thudd guns or mole mortars, or another squad for a platoon. Don't know yet :)

Finished the vet for the HSO's squad and built a medic instead of a special weapons squat:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatVetsCmnd001.jpg

And undercoated the JO and a flamer dude, with a still soft plasma gunner WIP:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatVetsCmnd002.jpg

Yeah, can you see the definition in the undercoated WIP's!?!? Not too sure on the pic sizes, changed them in photobucket but.....

BDJV
30-07-2007, 06:27
Kool deal, looking good!

Ross
30-07-2007, 06:33
Thank mate:)

jasevx
30-07-2007, 09:21
I love the GS work on the guy on the left, very smooth!

Ross
30-07-2007, 09:55
The medic or the plasma gunner jase? The plasma gunner's as rough as sandpaper undies truth be told, the medic though came up superbly (by my standards).

jasevx
30-07-2007, 10:57
The medic, just love him!

Ross
30-07-2007, 11:03
Thought I'd be clever didn't I, did a screen and buttons on the inside of his choppy arm medic thingy, then glued his stumpy arm to the torso and you can't see it, unless I had the hand up doing a high five :eyebrows:

Ross
31-07-2007, 03:08
Now presenting the painted medic for the HSO, which makes that squad done like a dinner :)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatHSOMedic001.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatHSOMedic002.jpg

3 more infantry to go!! And one damn sentinel :(

BDJV
31-07-2007, 03:19
Ross he's very Kool! Your almost there can you feel it!

Ross
31-07-2007, 03:54
Feel it Jim? I can almost taste it :D

jasevx
31-07-2007, 09:16
Just loving the medic, with the iddle biddle chainsaw, how cute!

Ross
31-07-2007, 09:27
Heeey, for 28 years I've been crying that's it's not the size that counts!!!:cries:

Another one down, and another one down, another one bites the dust:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/Rosst_bucket/SquatPlasmaPony.jpg

BDJV
31-07-2007, 09:40
Hey, hey hey!

Nice, lookin' good!

DigitsDavid
31-07-2007, 10:30
The medic's great mate!

Ross
31-07-2007, 11:33
Thanks Jim and David :)

Only a flamer and the JO to go!! And the damn sentinel (or maybe 5 vets with one flamer and a VS with powerfist and BP, maybe it'll be easier to make 5 squats than one scratch sentinel :) )

ginger space marine
31-07-2007, 13:05
Keep the stunties coming Ross, they're great. I can't wait to see the finished army :)

jasevx
31-07-2007, 15:33
Don't know if this would fit in style wise Ross:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heresy-Miniatures-Dwarf-Dougal-McGrimm-Inventor_W0QQitemZ170130106672QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4 4111QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Ross
31-07-2007, 23:29
Will do Ginger SM, getting the next 500-1000pts worked out in my spare time:) Thinking a propper hellhound, basalisk, enginseer, Ogryn compliment, power armoured squad in a rhino, and some big nasty IG tank with a dinner plate gun. Also thinking of Thudd guns, but I don't have the rules for 'em (if anyone wants to PM me the profile and how they fit into an IG army I'd be extactic :) ).

Nice find there Jase, a bit too medievil for me, though his pipe rifle looks good for a wastelander character ;)