PDA

View Full Version : Treeman

larabic
04-04-2007, 05:21
So i was watching two friends play when a unit charged his tree man and asked me if he could stand and shoot with his tangle roots attack. I looked in his book real quick and didnt see anything that said he couldn't just that it was a shooting attack...the only thing i can figure is that it isnt a weapon so he prolly cant but i just wanted to check...I assume it is the same with breath weapons.

Crube
04-04-2007, 08:30
This came up at last years Carnage tourney, and the best answer we could come up with was the old favourite - roll a dice for it - 4+ he can , otherwise, not...

We rolled each time the situation arose...

yphead
04-04-2007, 09:49
yes i agree, role a dice for the moment and wait for a GW reply :)

Atrahasis
04-04-2007, 11:05
The UKGT FAQ that was issued by GW in PDF form last year said that he could.

I have no idea who they used as the source for the answer though.

enyoss
10-04-2007, 01:28
This came up in one of my games today. The rules for stand and shoot (BRB, pg19 paragraph 4) say that a charged unit may shoot with 'missile
weapons'. It seemed to us that the BRB (pg 37) lists all missile weapons and, as the attack isn't listed there, it can't count as a missile weapon. Therefore it surely can't be eligible for stand and shoot.

So as I see it, the rulebook says that units armed with missile weapons may stand and shoot, and as the Treeman has no such weapon he may not do so.

I seem to disagree with the UKGT crowd though :).

Cheers,

enyoss

p.s. I was the WE player, so I had nothing to gain by taking this stance, it just seemed cut and dried :)

p.p.s If the stand and shoot description had said 'missile attacks', I don't think it would have been so clear.

alextroy
10-04-2007, 04:36
The only evidence available is negative evidence. Various Spites state that they may be used to Stand and Shoot, but Tangleroots has no such statement.

Revlid
10-04-2007, 06:33
Exactly. If its not a weapon (e.g. breath weapon, spew flames, tangleroots) thne you can't Stand and Shoot, is my view.

DarkTerror
10-04-2007, 06:55
My view is also that they cannot. As far as I know, there is nothing explicitly stating that it can, and as this game is standardized by saying what you can do (as opposed to what you cannot) I see no justification to allow them.