PDA

View Full Version : Deploying 1-2 choice units

luckysevens
04-04-2007, 15:05
Hi all,

This came up the other day when I played at a club I've recently started going to. Basically, how do you deploy units that are taken as multiple choices for the same slot (e.g. for my HE, Great Eagles 2 for 1 rare slot, Tiranoc Chariots etc)? I've always played it (with friends, at tournaments, at GW stores...) that each unit is an individual deployment choice i.e. the two Eagles, as they are not a single flying unit, take up two deployment choices.

So anyway, this guy told me that they were bought together, so they deployed together, which was a bit of a shock, but as he seemed to be pretty up on the rules, and not wanting to spoil the game (and because I was new) I didn't complain, beyond the obligatory mutter of 'I've always done it that way before....'

When I got home I looked in my rulebook, and couldn't find the rule for this stated there. As far as I could see, the rules are that (with the obvious exception of warmachines) each individual unit deploys separately.

So then I tried looking at FAQs, to see if there was an amendment or something, but again I couldn't see anything to suggest I was wrong.

Am I just being thick? Is there a rule contradicting me? And if there is, could someone point me in its direction?

Thanks

Atrahasis
04-04-2007, 15:06
You are correct. Units (with the exceptions of characters and war machines) are deployed separately, regardless of which slots they take up.

mattjgilbert
04-04-2007, 15:35
Yep, page 3 specifies that players alternate placing Units (exceptions Atrahasis has noted). It doesn't matter how they were purchased/ list slots taken up.

WLBjork
05-04-2007, 08:40
Sounds like he's getting muddled with 40K which does work that way (not too surprising seeing as it's possible to take 6 units as a single choice in that game!)

Tutore
05-04-2007, 14:05
That guy bluffed you. I take two eagles with the precise intent to have two units to deploy.