PDA

View Full Version : help with 2000pt army list for dark elves

darknuke
04-04-2007, 23:47
i need help with a corsair/raider themed army list for dark elves
please give me suggestions:skull:

the vicar
05-04-2007, 10:48
Lots of MSU Corsairs, Dark Riders w/rxbows, harpies. There you have it. And the requisite 4 Repeating Bolt Throwers, of course ;) Highborn, Noble BSB, 2 lvl 2 Sorceresses. Somebody take the Seal of Ghrond, somebody else take Wand of the Kharaidron. Blade of Spite on the Highborn.

Harass the flanks with Dark Rider shooting, move Corsairs in but fast, 2nd turn charges almost guaranteed. 2 Attacks each can be pretty darn good. Watch out for knights, hammer them with your wicked wicked bolt throwers.

the vicar
05-04-2007, 11:14
bloody double posts. Sorry all...

Mister Hat
05-04-2007, 14:11
My suggestion would be to look for another theme OR wait until the DE book is redone!

Corsairs are just not worth the points at the moment. I can't remember the last time I saw them on the tabletop, TBH.

There is no reason why you can't use warriors instead (apart from fluff, and we all know that fluff is worth nothing). But apart from that, what the Vicar said (plus a dragon!).

adamstronach
06-04-2007, 01:06
you should listen to whhat they say ,and chariots as well.

ashc
06-04-2007, 17:49
here is a raider/corsair-based list I used last week, totally massacring a chaos force.

LORD + HERO: Highborn in Heavy Armour and Sea Dragon Cloak, Draich of Dark Power, Heartstone of Darkness, on Black Dragon - 555pts.

HERO: Level 2 Sorceror with Hand Weapon, Dispel Scroll, Darkstar Cloak - 170pts.

HERO: Level 2 Sorceror with Hand Weapon, Dispel Scroll, Tome of Furion - 165pts.

CORE: 20 Spear Elves with Light Armour, Shields and Full Command - 185pts.

CORE: 20 Corsairs with 2 Hand Weapons Light Armour, Sea Dragon Cloaks, Full Command - 225pts.

CORE: 10 Dark Elf Warriors with Light Armour, Repeater Crossbows, Shields, Hand Weapons, Musician - 126pts.

CORE: 10 Dark Elf Warriors with Light Armour, Repeater Crossbows, Shields, Hand Weapons - 120pts.

CORE: 5 Dark Riders with Hand Weapons, Light Armour, Spears, Repeater Crossbows, Musician - 127pts.

CORE: 5 Dark Riders with Hand Weapons, Light Armour, Spears, Repeater Crossbows, Musician - 127pts.

RARE: 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers with 2 Crew Each - 200pts.

2000pts.
6+1 Power Dice
4 Dispel Dice and 2 Dispel Scrolls

Worked absolutely perfectly to be honest; The force is based around a renegade corsair lord who flies in the face of the Witch King; refusing to pay tithes, return to Naggaroth, and fraternising with renegade dark elf sorcerors, a crazed lord out to carve himself a new kingdom.

hope that gives you some ideas.

Ash

Saulot
09-04-2007, 08:59
I like your list ashc!

I'll probably be going towards that route as I build my Dark Elves to 2000 pts. ;)