PDA

View Full Version : VC Vampires and Armor

ody2002
05-04-2007, 04:36
Can Von Carsteins wear any sort of magical armor? I'd like to put the Flayed Hauberk on my VC vampire. I can't find the passage in the 7th edition rulebook disallowing wizards from wearing armor and the army book/FAQ only lists Necrarch, Lahmian and Strigoi vampires as not able to wear magical armor. AB won't allow me the option, but I'd like to know the passage in the rulebook or army book not allowing it.

I appreciate the help,

Ody

Ward.
05-04-2007, 05:02
If they can buy normal armor (spell check fixed it,but it still don"t look right)
then they can buy magic armor, unless otherwise stated of coarse.

scatterlaser
05-04-2007, 07:43
"A character that is not allowed to wear ordinary armour cannot be given magic armour/helms." - Rulebook, page 121.

Von Carstein Counts and Lords don't have any ordinary armour options, so they can't get any magic armour. Von Carstein Thralls can take ordinary armour, though, so they can take magic armour.

EvC
05-04-2007, 08:42
Well it's not entirely true that they can't get any magic armour- the Bone Armour can be worn by Wizards (i.e. Vampire Counts/ Lords), though it's not all that good...

ody2002
05-04-2007, 15:48
"A character that is not allowed to wear ordinary armour cannot be given magic armour/helms." - Rulebook, page 121.

Von Carstein Counts and Lords don't have any ordinary armour options, so they can't get any magic armour. Von Carstein Thralls can take ordinary armour, though, so they can take magic armour.

Well that explains that. Thanks for the quote.

Ody

eleveninches
05-04-2007, 16:16
take blood dragons instead. better honours, free 4+ armour save. increased to 1+ armour save with barded steed and shield.

i havnt used von arsteins before but if you want to protect your Von Carstein Vampire Count (vcvc) , then give him the regeneration ability/ring. i dont have the rulebook on me at the moment, so cant remember the von carstein items

Avaron
06-04-2007, 04:14
von carstine ring...and ya it takes all your count/lords magic points but it dose make you almost unkillable.

memitchell747
07-04-2007, 08:55
The Ring of he Nigt is usually good enough protection. Just be suspicious of anything that is moving towards you general.