PDA

View Full Version : My visit to WWorld - FW Open Day

GildorInglorion
05-04-2007, 08:52
I know that there is a "FW Open Day" thread already!!!

This is *NOT* a report. You guys have reported, described, discussed all the models, facts, news already in that thread, with a complete coverage, and I have nothing to add on that side. I read everything with great interest.

I just wanted to thank here the FW and GW guys, expecially Will Hayes and Simon Egan, for their unbelievable kindness.

I am saying that not because they chatted with me, but because I sent to them no less that 4 kids (two aged 11, two aged 7), and they answered to ALL of their questions, treated them with the greatest kindness imaginable, and made them the happiest kids on earth.
More than that, I guess that my two kids (we were 2 families) have now a very clear and illuminating idea about the artist's job. They were very impressed by the sketches, the hand-made sculpts, and by all the things that Will explained to them about designing the huge Tau Manta they loved so much. I am sure that all the things they saw and learned that day will have an everlasting impact on their life.

The story is: they saw the Warhammer World on the GW site, and I promised to them that we would have visited London AND made a trip to Nottingham. So we planned a 4-days-trip last week-end, and we went to Nottingham on Sunday. A great day for them. Beside that, I must say that it was very interesting. The Miniature Museum is amazing!

Ciao

Nicola

75hastings69
05-04-2007, 10:37
I have to say that any interaction I have had with FW, be it on the phone or at events, has always been a similar experience. They are eager to please and always make time to answer questions etc.

Glad you enjoyed your visit, and the WW museum is excellent I agree.

thewizard99
05-04-2007, 18:24
yeah, the fw and gw guys are great they may seem realy mad and crazy on the out side, but u need to be like that in that kinda of job. Last time i was there, when the manta was relased and shown, they were like comon ill take a photo of you holding it and give all the fluff on it with out evan asking.
Go! FW and GW

Malakai
18-04-2007, 13:30
FW employees are top notch, it's one of the reasons I don't mind paying those prices. GW are less than stellar, but still ok I suppose. Sounds like you had a great time.

-Malakai