PDA

View Full Version : Pro Elf Problems

Death Before Dishonour
05-04-2007, 10:43
Hey Everyone
I have been playing blood bowl for a while and have just got a pro elf team, however I am struggling to beat my regular opponents Orc and Skaven team. I can score easily enough but I just can't prevent the orcs or skaven from returning the favour.
The orcs just smash through the line injurying everyone and the skaven especially the gutter runners just run rings around everyone.
Any helpfull tactical suggestions would be appreciated :)

the1stpip
06-04-2007, 20:26
I fear the problem is with the team. While they may be 'cheap' elves, they lack the armour of HE and DE, and lack the movement of WE.

They have some nice skills though. Could be worth persevering with..?

Gres
06-04-2007, 21:00
Pro Elves have the worst defence in the game so you have to try and outscore your opponent (Easier said than done!). The best way of doing this is to focus your skills on defence because you should be able to score easy enough. Get a dedicated sacker by giving leap and strip ball to a blitzer or catcher and harass the ball carrier at every opportunity, that way your opponent can spend less time smashing your team and make it more difficult for them to score.

skatingtortoise
07-04-2007, 00:04
its all about getting the blitzers in the right place. sidestep can be very useful, but only when the blitzers are in the right place. also always have 1 player within scoring distance at any time. if you pop the ball loose through an oppotrunistic blitz, theres every chance he'll be able to score.

Death Before Dishonour
09-04-2007, 08:13
Pro Elves have the worst defence in the game so you have to try and outscore your opponent (Easier said than done!). The best way of doing this is to focus your skills on defence because you should be able to score easy enough. Get a dedicated sacker by giving leap and strip ball to a blitzer or catcher and harass the ball carrier at every opportunity, that way your opponent can spend less time smashing your team and make it more difficult for them to score.

okay just played a game against the orc team over the weekend, ended 6-6 with 3 of my guys killed or badly hurt despite 2 apothecaries, am starting to lean towards a wood elf team pro-elves are neither one thing or another :(

Lardidar
09-04-2007, 11:44
Ended 6-6?

is that even possible ..... hell of a score for Orcs to rack up.

Oh and my woodie team is doing ok at the moment but AV7 players means a lot of injurys .... played 5 games and got 4 niggles and 1 death already.

Still my Wardancer is the man .... or woman, you can never tell with elves.

Death Before Dishonour
10-04-2007, 10:22
Ended 6-6?

is that even possible ..... hell of a score for Orcs to rack up.

Oh and my woodie team is doing ok at the moment but AV7 players means a lot of injurys .... played 5 games and got 4 niggles and 1 death already.

Still my Wardancer is the man .... or woman, you can never tell with elves.

The Orcs just kept smashing through my line and scoring, (he got a blitzer with a movement upgrade). We were in hysterics by the end though cos I'd score then he'd score we just couldn't stop each other
I do think I may have to change to woodies though and then buy a treeman for when I play orcs ;)

AzureKnight
12-04-2007, 23:37
The trick that I have found to playing defense with this team is all about delaying. I've had the most success trying to keep a wall of players buffered one space from my opponent. It is sometimes a tricky judgment call whether to dodge or block. If you can keep yourself one square away your opponent can only Blitz one player, which limits their options to open a hole in your defense. Hitting coaches will then step up to your line. At that point you have two options. Try to dodge everyone back again or try to hit. I generally only try to hit if I can see a way to knock all of his team or at least most back. The important thing to note here is to RARELY follow up unless you need to for an assist and keep yourself out of other tackzones.

Then as suggested above build a few wardancer types that can leap in when an opening appears. This defense is all about delaying, being patient and finally opportunistic. Obviously sometimes it won't work. You'll blow a Dodge or Block early and that can lead to a scrum....but then nothing is perfect with those cursed dice around :-)

I'm glad to be joining this community, see you around.

-AK

sparks
10-05-2007, 02:39
I would recommend a hail mary pass or two if you can get it. Your catchers come with diving pass, and if nothing else, the ease of pinging it down the pitch will force teams(slower teams certainly) to leave one guy back at least to deal with anyone you sneak past, leaving it slightly easier to punch through at the front. That and it's also useful for one off last ditch defensive passes out of your half!