PDA

View Full Version : Galdur Hrafnsson's 40k Log!

Galdur Hrafnsson
05-04-2007, 19:04
Hey everyone. This is my first project log, which is basically an excuse for me to feel more motivated to paint, convert and sculpt!

I'm very bad (very, very bad) at doing one thing at once, and working on it to completion. So I always have a lot of projects on at once. In fact, at the moment, I am working on:

- The Sons of Thor: My Space Marine army, based loosely on Tue Kaae's Chapter Master entry, heavily nordic-themed. Over 3000 points, which I work on here and there. Very uninspired lately, until I bought the new Terminator Librarian...

- Pre-Heresy Night Lords: Taking over from Doghouse in the Tale of the Legions. I have some pretty big boots to fill!

- Tau Farsight Enclave: These are pretty much on hold, although I may finish Farsight at some point soon.

- Aeronautica Imperialis Ork Air Waaagh!: I was very recently introduced to AI, and just knew I had to play! As I've loved orks for a very long time (I've had... about 4 ork/feral ork armies, 2nd and 3rd ed, and loved Gorkamorka), it was a pretty foregone conclusion. Ordered my first few ships today, should have them by next weekend. But in the meantime, I'm building a 40k orky crew (or at least, the main characters) which I'll be able to use as a kill-team... game linkage!

I also have a Dark Angel army which I bought mostly so I could get the librarian and devastators early... I was going to paint them, but then I started on the night lords, and I don't really want three concurrent marine armies! Maybe at a later date the sons of the lion will come to fruition (especially since I've got a deathwing squad just sitting there...). I'm also staring at unbuilt boxes of beastmen and uruk-hai, but that's another matter for another forum.

Hopefully over the next few weeks/months, I'll be able to update you all with what's going on at my desk, and you guys will be able to offer constructive criticism, and shout at me if I need it...

DigitsDavid
05-04-2007, 19:06
We need photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galdur Hrafnsson
05-04-2007, 19:27
And photos you shall have! I forgot I had to format them ;)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/224/447427742_2c2279eb25_o.jpg

My bed. Covered in sprues. All but two of those are space marine sprues. And that's not even a quarter of the sprues I have here at uni. I'm afraid to even think about how many I have back at home...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/447427746_54e3898067_o.jpg

The first five PH Night Lords, missing NL shoulder pads (which I received today, along with a load of old-style bolters, and the weapon I need to finish my SoT librarian). I apologise for the quality and lighting, my camera macro isn't awesome and I really need a replacement daylight bulb for the lamp in my room.

Sorry it's only two pictures, I'll see if I can get more later tonight. But now I'm off to eat some food and do some sculpting!