PDA

View Full Version : Rending Sword or the Berserker Sword

Engra Deathsword
06-04-2007, 02:46
Hey guys,

So I was wondering what you guys out there prefer between these 2 Chaos magic weapons:

The Rending Sword
40 pts
"A model wounded by the Rending Sword (after saves, etc) loses not one but D3 wounds."

or

Berserker Sword
40 pts
"The wielder of the the Berserker Sword may make additional attacks in every Close Combat round phase. The number of additional attack is equal to half the unit strength of all enemy models in base contact (rounding up)...If the bearer is involved in a challenge, only the Unit Strength of the opponent is counted.

The wielder would be an Exalted Champion mounted on a barded chaos steed. The opposing targets would be Lizardmen, consisting of skinks, Kroxigors 3 blocks of 3, Stegodon 2x, and a hero on a Carnosaur.

Voltaire
06-04-2007, 03:24
I would go with Rending Sword. If you want maximum use from the beserker sword, put an Exalted Champion in a chariot. It would do especially well against the big monsters.

Impact Hits + Beserker Sword + Normal E.Champ = 2 Guarenteed str5 hits and 5 basic for the champion (before adding the swords attacks on)

MarcoPollo
06-04-2007, 03:42
I would say that the rending sword is more versatile. If you are fighting monsters then you can rip through them as easily with a rending sword as a beserker sword, but if you are in a challenge the rending sword is better.

It is a difficult choice that I once pondered in regards to taking out a slann mage with the binding of slaanesh. I still think the rending sword is more important. But both are very close.

Perhaps if you are in a chariot or other large base object, then the beserker sword is better then.

Briohmar
06-04-2007, 04:13
I am a fan of the Berserker sword. Your opponent is going to avoid that character, no matter what you do so the Rending sword frequently sits idle. Whereas the Berserker sword always grants your character at least one extra attack, more if you charge the right things. Just think, an exalted champion with the berserker sword charges a dragon, plus 3 attacks, against a giant, also plus 3, against a STank, plus five. Against a unit of Kroxies, (you have to position right for this) plus 3, against treekin, plus 4.

My preference is an exalted champion of slaanesh with berserker sword on steed in a unit of chosen knights with rapturous standard. Its a particularly nasty combination.

The Thnikkaman
06-04-2007, 04:20
rending sword for sure. Plus if your exalted gets caught in a challenge he can't refuse against a lowly unit champ he can at least get the full +5 combat res from the multi-wounding sword, which normally is difficult.

Plus it's much more useful for all those multi-wound nasties.

Engra Deathsword
06-04-2007, 05:04
hey guys, thanks for the responses!