PDA

View Full Version : 1000/2000pt VC wolf list

Shazarn
06-04-2007, 08:34
i am thinking of making a wolf themed Carstein army (as they seem to like wolves alot!)
I have my ideas about a list but i was wondering is anyone has any suggestions of lists

I was thinking somethign in the range of:

Lord/Count (the uber character with wolf speed power) (i have an idea about a model)
Thralls that summon wolves, one with tomb blade

SKellies

Lots of wolves

Knights riding wolves

coach or banshee

what do you think and can anyone suggest a list?
thanks

Weapon
06-04-2007, 08:56
Just don't use the stupid Dire Wolves models. They suck, and are expensive. Get Goblin Wolf Rider boxes and use those wolves.

EDIT: Anyone ever think of doing a Spider list with VC, just using Dire Wolves stats for Spiders? Seems flavorful, except instead of Forest Spiders, they can be some kind of ungodly spider from a crazy masoleum or something.

DesertDirge
06-04-2007, 15:02
Talk about striking actual fear in your oppenent! (spiders great idea!)

The Banshees would work well... Drie wolves aren't all that. though so don't rely on them that much. But I like the theme!

Josef Bugman
06-04-2007, 17:58
My mate collects vampire counts. they suck. i used some made-up rules for bear riders on avians website. rode down the dire wolves in 1 turn

dominic_carrillo
06-04-2007, 20:33
what'chu talking 'bout Josef Bugman? vampire counts rule!
and for the actual list, go for it! my only suggestion would be a strong center made up of rank and file troops, try two big units of zombies and skeletons with full command. the wolves are great for flanking and with thralls in the units, they can do some serious damage.
Death for Life!

dominic_carrillo
06-04-2007, 20:35
Weapon, im thinking of a Spider Queen Army! Just use a female von carstein, that's half spider half woman (wolf form) and use a ton of spiders as dire wolves. that would look ill.

Shazarn
07-04-2007, 09:10
hmm thanks for your ideas and suggestions,
i will look into getting an acutal list posted but in the meantime can anyone else come up with a basic list that i may be able to incorperate or build off?
thanks and will start working on a list soon!

Weapon
07-04-2007, 10:06
Weapon, im thinking of a Spider Queen Army! Just use a female von carstein, that's half spider half woman (wolf form) and use a ton of spiders as dire wolves. that would look ill.

To the max. Think of Queen Khalida's torso and claw hand and stuff on a spider torso.

Oh sweet baby jesus, thats hardcore.

MalusCalibur
07-04-2007, 20:18
All this talk of Spider women sounds very, VERY familiar....coughcoughMYPROJECTLOGcoughcough :P

Go look at it, might give you some assistance model-wise (see my sig)

MalusCalibur

Rider-Of-Kurnous
09-04-2007, 12:52
I could take a unit of ten dire wolves with 5 wild riders