PDA

View Full Version : All Is Dust- Anubis_the_Harlie does 1k sons... slowly

Anubis_the_Harlie
06-04-2007, 17:48
Ah, GW, the smell of glue in the air, random cool music playing in the background, small children buying marines by the bucketload. I love the place. Except when something shiny on the shelf catches my eye and I decide that i'm going to buy it and then as happily walk down the road, new purchase under my arm... and I realise, I spent my petrol/bus ticket money... and have to ring my mum/girlfriend...

This happened yesterday, when I bought a box of 1k Sons and a CSM codex... so onto the log then...

Anyway, story aside, I'm going to do a 1k Sons army for my gaming groups 500pt tourney in a few months time, all models used must be painted and based, so I have a rough date to get thm done, but as the title of this log suggests I paint very very slowly if i'm going for a good looking force although even my best works leave a lot to be desired.

I've just half finished a rubric marine (it's based but i'm still not quite happy with it, the blue just seems a bit off to me, and it's quite untidy in places) anyway C&C is welcome and encouraged...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Anubis_the_Harlie/06-04-07_1659.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Anubis_the_Harlie/06-04-07_1658.jpg

(Sorry in advanced for picture quality, my digi camera is dead; so I have to use my phone... which come to think of it is actually better than the camera anyway...)

Cheers

A_t_H

Baron Pedro
06-04-2007, 17:57
The eyes and the loincloth, as well as the gold look a wee bit untidy, but other than that the model looks OK!

Anubis_the_Harlie
06-04-2007, 18:27
The eyes and the loincloth, as well as the gold look a wee bit untidy, but other than that the model looks OK!

Yeah you're right that gold is a bit... untidy, i'm fixing that as I type this, I am useless at painting eyes... so any tips? Oh and the loincloth is going to be completly re-done i've decided. The purple just dosen't look good.