PDA

View Full Version : TK v VC

chaos_core
07-04-2007, 00:35
gunna play a game tk v vc what should I take?

Felworth
07-04-2007, 00:39
A nice book to read as unbreakable troops that can't fight their way out of a paper bag vs. unbreakable troops that can't fight their way out of a paper bag will take forever...

Oh, model wise?

Dunno, are you the Vampire Count or the Tomb King?

Mayhaps throw out a list and a rough guesstimate of what the enemy player might bring and I'm sure we'll have some ideas.

Voltaire
07-04-2007, 00:43
A correctly placed thread - this should be in tactics.

Will you be playing as the TK or the VC?

Either way, anticipate a slow game. It ill quickly become a game of hunt the general and I fear unless you have a really good Count or some excellent luck, that the TK are going to win. The Tomb Kings really do have the upper hand in this battle as they simply outclass the Vampire Counts in every way that I can currently think of.

chaos_core
07-04-2007, 00:48
whoops my bad :cries:

thank god I am playing the tk ohh happy days so what should i take unit wise defantly taking chariots

The only thing I know he has is a black coach apart from that havent seen his army

Bloodknight
07-04-2007, 00:48
I see it that way, too. I have not lost a single game against VC with my TK. You kill their general, they crumble, game over. VC cannot pull off that stunt as easily as TK.

melgorth
07-04-2007, 11:28
Thats not totally true. I play the Vampire Counts and in the couple of times i played the TK i have won quite considerably. If you can beat the TK in the magic phase and counter their units effectively then they can sometimes be beaten quite easily.

Bloodknight
07-04-2007, 11:34
Normally I just waste two scorpions on the vampire general, if it is not a necromancer. Theyīve got a quite good chance to KB him or kill him otherwise, if itīs not the big WS 10 Blood dragon.
the main difference is that TK crumble far slowlier, so itīs sometimes even a good idea to sacrifice the hierophant if you get the vampire on the same turn or one later.

Tarian
07-04-2007, 17:17
Heh... beat the TK in the magic phase. That's funny.

"You have HOW many bound spells?!"

Bloodknight
07-04-2007, 17:23
The point is that TK suffer from sort of a bad magic defense, but if I know I go against VC, Iīll take just 3 dispel scrolls ^^.

Gorbad Ironclaw
07-04-2007, 21:18
TK is much more reliant on magic than the VC army is. The VC army have plenty of speed, even without magic, where as the TK army is much slower.

Also, the VC player should be able to put out significantly more, and often times better support units than the TK player can do. Tomb Scorpions will beat the VC ones, but thats about it.

Of course, it depends very much on what kind of armies both bring. But trying to second guess the opponent is almost certainly going to fail.

ObiWan
09-04-2007, 21:46
I have VC and have played quite a lot vs TK, being beaten only once. If you want to take something nasty, take the casket of souls, it does damages units immune to psychology.

Malicus
10-04-2007, 04:19
The Tomb Kings really do have the upper hand in this battle as they simply outclass the Vampire Counts in every way that I can currently think of.

I gotta tell ya, I'm really curious about this. I have limited experience with the TK's and my friend has just started playing them. Now I have been a VC general for several years and think I have pretty well mastered the way I play them. He just started working with the TK a few months ago and is still figuring them out. Now maybe it's just the experience I have with my army but I have done nothing but massacre him mercilessly everytime he plays with them. The only thing that I see as superior is the range of the TK seeing as how VC really doesn't have any (unless I wanna get chessy with a DoW cannon or some such).

Yeah his magic casts like bound spells, but I still think VC is much more superior. Our raise dead guy spell blows yours away. I mean yeah they can heal ANY unit to it's full strength but at a much slower rate. Our magic missile is twice as powerful. Our move in the magic phase spell has a longer range. Not to mention Curse of years, hands of dust, and hellish vigour. Yeah you got the casket and all but that is pretty easily avoided, dispelled. Maybe I'm missing something.

I can easily outnumber him with my 6 point zombies, and I can move at twice his speed in most cases or more. I think VC characters completely outclass TK chars in everyway imaginable.

I guess I'd just like to know what the strength of the TK army is, cause to this point him nor I can figure it out. They got some neat tricks, and I'd love to have an Ushabti type unit, but for the most part I like my bag of tricks a lot better than what he is capable of.

I'm not trying to be condescending, I am just very curious where the strength of this army lies.

lparigi34
10-04-2007, 14:04
Malicus, I do think your comment goes in the right way. I do play with BOTH armies, a lot. IMO, VCs do outclass TKs, and this specially true in smaller battles (anything less than 2K)... In larger battles I think they are a lot more balanced, but my bias still goes for the VCs. Imo, VCs have more solid characters either for a good magic or CC phase, just chose your bloodline. As for core units Imo all of VC's unit outclass TKs, except for chariots, maybe. Specials go one on one, but Black Nights are a class by themselves so here, VCs win again. In rares, the choces are very equalized, even in points.

As for the Magic itself, just remeber that this is what TKs are all about, and thier magic is not just good. It is awesome, but requires finesse and time to master, in particular because you have to follow certain casting order. The use of exta bound spell items helps a lot in sucking enemy dipel dice.

Do not disregard TKs. in >2000 battles they are great, more difficult to master and more rewarding when you learn to.