PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun IV

The Fallen Angel
31-07-2005, 12:26
Hi there any of you guys intending to play the newest version of Shadowrun which is released on the 18th of August?

Official Site (www.shadowrunrpg.com)
Discussion (off warseer) (forums.dumpshock.com)

New Cult King
03-08-2005, 04:28
Woo. I have never played the old Shadowrun, but I would have loved to.

This looks promising.

*trundles off to have a read*

The Fallen Angel
03-08-2005, 07:50
Shadowrun is really good fun and is set in a fantastic universe. The mix of Cyber technology and magic is a joy and the gaming system itself is a doddle to learn and you only need D6's to play it!

Unki Skarga
03-08-2005, 16:26
I'm too ingrained with 2nd/3rd edition SR. Shadowrun 4th really has to impress me if I'm going to play it.

Kage2020
06-08-2005, 17:54
The majority of the SR games you don't have to worry too much about the changing rule set. 1E and 2E were basically superficial, but the storyline advancement in 3E was a bit of a shock when I first read about it. With that said, I felt that the 3E rules rules and presentation (i.e. the sourcebooks) were a drastic improvement on what they had done before when FASA owned the license. I even bought the rulebook, which is saying a lot since I rarely think that most RPG and gaming products released are worth it.

As to the SR universe itself? Fantastic. True sci-fantasy at work and I would love to RP in it. Love to. With that said, the only opportunity I get for gaming is PBeM or PBF and, I'm afraid to say, that the mechanics have always struck me as far too glitchy for online gaming.

Kage

Unki Skarga
08-08-2005, 15:49
I have never had a problem with the mechanics, and thats after playing Shadowrun for 14 years