PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh tactics..

Alaitoc
07-04-2007, 12:06
Hi!
I've been away from the whole WHFB thing for a while now, the rules have updated and I thought I should start a new fantasy army. I painted up some slaanesh warriors and I found the result pleasing enough to start a whole army of the guys.

Now I'm on the army list phase and I would appritiate if you could give me some tips about how to get an army that will work, and which tactic is the best for an army of Slaanesh.

The thing is, I don't want any beasts or daemons, just the mortal guys, so if you have some tips for a guy who's been away from wargaming for almost a year that would be great..

Thanks..

Your Mum Rang
07-04-2007, 13:34
I daresay that Slaanesh magic is something very tactically useful. I'd make use of the speed of the list. You don't want Daemons but Mounted Daemonettes are very useful so consider modelling them as Knights on Steeds of Slaanesh.

When it comes to Chaos Warriors a lot of people don't rate them a great deal. Knights do the same job but are faster! I would consider making your Warriors into Chosen and giving them Halberds and the Raptorous Standard. Flank these with 2 big units of Marauders and you have a solid centre.

IMO Infantry Slaanesh is viable if you have heavy magic as Slaanesh magic allows you to limit your opponent's manoevrability.

However you WILL need some fast flankers.

Hywel
07-04-2007, 16:39
Slaanesh lends itself to fast, mobile armies. If you do a quick search you should find a fair few relevant topics. Quite a lot of slaanesh tactic threads have appeared over the past few weeks.