PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentchi Dragonlod army 2k

eleveninches
07-04-2007, 20:01
TZEENTCHI HORDES OF CHAOS

LORDS:
802 points: Chaos Lord (chaos dragon, mark of tzeentch, lv 4 sorcerer, crown of everlasting conquest, enchanted shield, berserker sword)

CORE:
245 points: 5 chosen chaos knights (mark of tzeentch, chaos armour)
226 points: 10 chaos warriors (shields, mark of tzeentch, banner of wrath, musician)
169 points: 16 Marauders (great weapons, light armour and shields, full command)
140 points: Chariot (mark of tzeentch)

SPECIAL:
165 points: 5 screamers
255 points: 17 horrors

2002 points
67 models, 8 units

tyrion11482
07-04-2007, 23:21
you need to have the staff of change and the goldne eye on him and just park next to a unit cause terror, drop 2 dreath weapons and cast spells

laughingman
08-04-2007, 04:59
You know what I like about this army, Its the first time ive seen horrrors in a long time.[dice0]

eleveninches
08-04-2007, 10:14
are there any rules preventing wizards from casting whilst in combat? i looked through the rulebook and couldnt see any

khorne666
08-04-2007, 11:11
I never thought I'd see the day, a mortal general that costs more than Archaon. I think it's great personally, but from personal experience, never take a hero that powerful against an army which utilises war machines. I got crushed when I used Archaon against a dwarf army, yeah, he was powerfull as hell. Yeah, he took out half the army by himself. But when you just have a superpowerful general and a ton of ordinary troops against war machines, you better have some damn good saves.

Dspankdo
08-04-2007, 11:53
How does he cost more than archaon, last time I checked 855 was a higher number than 802.

khorne666
08-04-2007, 14:59
Sorry about that, I forgot to add in the cost of Dorghar.

eleveninches
10-04-2007, 16:57
plan on using the chosen knights, chariot and dragonlord to assault the enemy units. use maurauders to engage high toughness enemies and hold them up. use the warriors with their shields to screen the horrors and use their own magicmissile banner at the same time as the horrors, unleashing a load of magic missiles each turn.
fly the screamers through the enemy infantry, hitting them on the way to dispatch of the enemy warmachines.

for lord:
9 power die/turn:
violet fire: 4-5 power die on first turn to destroy enemy general,
then use blue and green fires on subsequent turns, finishing off each magic phase with 2-3 power dice for orange fire (remains in play until next combat phase).
Berzerker sword gives a lot of extra attacks, and with a mostrous mount and the regenerate ability, the general is pretty well protected. The dragon can also get a few kills in combat as well.

BTW, can someone confirm whether or not dragons can use flame breath when in base to base combat, and can sorcerers cast spells whilst engaged in combat. i cant see anything in the rulebooks to stop it.

TheWarSmith
10-04-2007, 17:27
Why would you screen horros with chaos warriors? It'd be better the other way around since your horrors can cast spells and will need LOS.

Your lord really does need at least the staff in order to make better use of his power dice(you have 9) and to keep your army magic resistant(you only have 4 dd).

The only spells you could cast in combat with a tzeentch character are yellow and orange fire I believe.

eleveninches
10-04-2007, 17:55
the chaos wariors have a better armour save, and will be more likely to survive charges. the horrors are more vunerable so they will sit behind the warriors in relative safety, as they are one of the more expensive units in my army.

what is stopping me from casting other spells in combat. the rulebook states that you cannot cast spells at units that are engaged in combat. it doesnt say anything about casting at other units outside of the combat that the sorcerer is engaged in.

Belerophon709
10-04-2007, 18:13
Breathweapons count as shooting as far as I recall and as such can't be used in CC - at least that's the way I've always played my lord...

eleveninches
11-04-2007, 16:10
and what about the spellcasting?

eleveninches
11-04-2007, 16:14
ill either equip the lord with:

crown of everlasting conquest (regenerate)
enchanted shield (+2 armour save, increases lords save to 2+)
berzerker sword (lord gains additional attacks equal to half enemy unit's unit strength, i.e. 10 extra attacks against a 20-man infantry unit)

OR

staff of change (re-roll one power die per spell in the magic phase)
enchanted shield (+2 armour save, increases lords save to 2+)
power stone (+2 power die, one use only) OR spell familiar (learn one more spell than normal)

khorne666
11-04-2007, 18:29
Sounds like a good army, I would love to play against it when I finally make my all Khorne army.

warboss48
11-04-2007, 19:34
berzerker sword (lord gains additional attacks equal to half enemy unit's unit strength, i.e. 10 extra attacks against a 20-man infantry unit)

The berzerker sword gives you bonus attacks equal to the unit strength of enemy models touching the character iirc. And I prefer the second config.

eleveninches
12-04-2007, 14:31
it says something like "half the unit strength of the UNIT in close combat" , not just the models in combat

Tsot
12-04-2007, 23:09
its half the unit strengh of MODELS, useful for things like ogres but not so much for ranked infantry etc

eleveninches
13-04-2007, 11:54
yeah, but i took that to mean the models in the unit, rather than models actually in combat. If you are correct, then the second configuration of magic items will clearly be the better one to use

eleveninches
27-04-2007, 12:14
I used this army last night and got smashed by an orc/goblin army. Im sure the dice were rigged, as i got such bad die results.
He cast foot of gork about six times, each time rolling a six for it.
All of my spells were dispelled and my knights were down to just the lone standard bearer in the first action of the first turn :(

DonHaka
27-04-2007, 12:57
In a tzeentch army like this you could really use additional spellcasters and more things that generate power dice, power familiar and more marks of tzeentch. Tzeentch armies are really good if the right amount of power dice is generated. And always use staff of change, it could very well be the best item in the game!

Cheers!

Pqxy
28-04-2007, 00:13
TZEENTCHI HORDES OF CHAOS

LORDS:
802 points: Chaos Lord (chaos dragon, mark of tzeentch, lv 4 sorcerer, crown of everlasting conquest, enchanted shield, berserker sword)

CORE:
245 points: 5 chosen chaos knights (mark of tzeentch, chaos armour)
226 points: 10 chaos warriors (shields, mark of tzeentch, banner of wrath, musician)
169 points: 16 Marauders (great weapons, light armour and shields, full command)
140 points: Chariot (mark of tzeentch)

SPECIAL:
165 points: 5 screamers
255 points: 17 horrors

2002 points
67 models, 8 units
If your Dragon and lord go down to cannon fire or the like your DEAD.
And second you only have 56 models as I count it and 7 units as your Lord is on you Dragon. 7 units to deploy and 7 to move. Dont know but isn't this a little few? An extra champ of Tzeentch with you chosen knights would make a nasty unit and might draw some attention away from your Lord/Dragon. Could get the extra points for him by droping the banner of wrath, berserker and taking only 3 screamers and a few less horrors.
You would make up for the banner with his spell abilities and you dont need any more hitting power with your Lord/Dragon combo.
Just my thoughts. Happy hunting!!!!!

eleveninches
28-04-2007, 12:59
good idea. I was planning on dropping the warriors and getting another chariot instead. Drop the maurauders and a couple of screamers and put a champion of tzeentch on steed to go with the knights. I think i might have pulled off a draw the other day if my knights hadnt been foot of gorked in the first turn

eleveninches
28-04-2007, 13:02
And always use staff of change, it could very well be the best item in the game!it is awesome. rerolls of one die to cast/dispell every spell atempted :)

tyrion11482
29-04-2007, 17:19
are you against having furies? Also whats the battle plan here ? the lord is a big point sink to not have a master plan before the game starts.

eleveninches
30-04-2007, 10:32
im changing the army list from what i initially posted. probably something like:
tnzeentch dragonlord
tnzeentch hero (with knights)
5 chosen knights
5 knights
2 Chariots
11 horrors
3 screamers
11 horrors