PDA

View Full Version : 2k Wood elves army help!

Da Black Gobbo
08-04-2007, 15:41
Hi there! please check my list out i'm going to a friendly turney :

-Spellweaver: lvl 4 dispell scroll, callaigor's stave, elven steed.

-Noble: Wardancer Kindred, blades of loec.

-Noble: Wild rider kindred, sword of might, murdred of spites.

-Noble: Elven steed, light armour, shield, spear, helm of the hunt, hail of doom arrow.

-12 Glade Guard

-12 Glade Guard

-5 Glade Riders w/music and lider

-5 Glade Rider w/music and lider

-9 Wardancers w/music and lider

-7 Wildriders w/Full command, magic banner Saemrath.

-10 Waywatchers w/ lider

I use the usual tactic with wood elves, dance arround the enemy while the archers eliminate cannons, mages, or just decimate enemy lines.

popisdead
08-04-2007, 20:43
Your Wild Rider Kindred cannot have the sword of might IIRC.

Your list has lots of extraneous points and wastage. I recomment trimming your units up lots and dropping heroes. I was surprised that was 2000 pts.

Take 10 glade guard w/ a musician.
Take 5 Glade Riders w/ a musician.
Take the musician in Wardancer units.
You only need 6 Waywatchers.
5 Wild Riders with a musician will suffice.
I would not mount a lvl 4 mage on an elven steed. Limits casting to 90 degrees when Line of Sight is needed. Which isn't for your purpose as you're taking the Lore of Athel Loren instead of Beasts (Beasts is a better lore for a lvl 3+ mage).

The rest is wasted points

Da Black Gobbo
08-04-2007, 22:39
Ok that's great but what do you sugest me to get?

god octo
09-04-2007, 09:43
Hi there! please check my list out i'm going to a friendly turney :

My comments are in red:

-Spellweaver: lvl 4 dispell scroll, callaigor's stave, elven steed.

she's fine, but I would drop the steed- she'll be fine in a wood.

-Noble: Wardancer Kindred, blades of loec.

Perfect set up, I wouldn't change him

-Noble: Wild rider kindred, sword of might, murdred of spites.

This set up is illegal as a wild rider noble can only have magic spears. Based on that, I would give him a normal spear and just leave it at that.

-Noble: Elven steed, light armour, shield, spear, helm of the hunt, hail of doom arrow.

This set up seems a bit pointless. I would personally swap him for another mage to boost your magic phase- if you want the Hail of doom arrow, give it to the wild rider noble.

-12 Glade Guard

-12 Glade Guard

Units of 10 are fine- the extra 2 are not needed.

-5 Glade Riders w/music and lider

-5 Glade Rider w/music and lider

The champion is wasted on glade riders, so drop him and just stick with the musician.

-9 Wardancers w/music and lider

Fine

-7 Wildriders w/Full command, magic banner Saemrath.

Personally, I don't mind large units (I use a unit of 7 with full command), but I think dropping 1 wild rider would be good, and I would also swap the banner for the Warbanner,which helps them out much more in combat.

-10 Waywatchers w/ lider

As mentioned above, 6 waywatchers are fine, and the champion is pointless- they are BS6 already, they don't need another point of it.

I use the usual tactic with wood elves, dance arround the enemy while the archers eliminate cannons, mages, or just decimate enemy lines.

If you drop everything I mentioned, you save 257 points (If my adding is correct- I don't currently have my army book with me), allowing you to get 2 units of 8 dryads at 96 points each and a great Eagle. Both of these purchases will help you greatly.

Hope that helps.

Rider-Of-Kurnous
09-04-2007, 11:28
When a noble has a wild rider kindred he has to ride either a steed or a stag

Mahatma
09-04-2007, 13:19
You could make the Noble with HoDA an Alter, giving him 9" movement and an extra attack.

Drop the champions on the glade riders.

Dryads would be useful.

Da Black Gobbo
09-04-2007, 14:07
well i asume that some dryads will do ok, due to my lack in CC, i found difficult fight with WE, they are very mobile very shooty but very fragile and low in numbers to, i'm trying to find an army that fix my playing style (and i trying to determine how is my playing style xD)