PDA

View Full Version : Beasty ambush

khorne666
08-04-2007, 15:48
Picture this, you charge into battle against a small unit of 13 marauders and one of 19 Khorne warriors with an exalted champion of khorne. You meet them in open battle on the second turn when you charge them with you biggest units, smaller ones ready to attack the flank. By the third turn you have got them surrounded, you think you are about to end the battle. At the start of the fourth turn you are terrified when well over 100 gors and ungors swarm around and attack the flanks of your units, causing them to flee right into the units on the other side and get cut to pieces. That is exactly what is going to happen to the next person I play. See here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78443 , for the army which will do it.

English 2000
08-04-2007, 16:06
Read the rules for ambush - I'm pretty sure only half the units with the ambush special rule can actually ambush. I could be wrong since it's been about a year since I last used my beatmen though...

Your Mum Rang
08-04-2007, 16:36
They can with Khazrak.... well, Herds and Hounds can!

SkawtheFalconer
08-04-2007, 20:49
I think EVERYONE can ambush with him, can't they?

khorne666
10-04-2007, 09:45
Yep, that is the sheer beauty of it, they think that I can't ambush as there are no beastmen on the field. Most non-beast players don't know about Khazrak!

tortoise
10-04-2007, 14:25
The beastherds can't charge on the turn they arrive which means that any reserve units will be able to attempt to stop their intervention. And if you're planning on fighting that close to a table edge don't be too surprised if your beastherds with their less than inspiring leadership don't go running straight off again if paniced or beaten in combat.

Secondly, since beastherds don't negate rank bonuses in any way it is far from a certainty that they will be able to break the units they are charging into. Most fully ranked units with decent armour will beat beastherds even if charged in the flank.

MarcoPollo
10-04-2007, 15:09
Yeah it looks good on paper. I'd say you should use the banner of rage on the khorne wariors. They will have to tough it out for a while until your herds get stuck in.

Also, the size of your herds are a little surprising. I don't think they will be as effective either. You will have trouble with magic and such a huge investment can easily be paniced off the board. Split your eggs up.