PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points first time orc and gobbos

Timk1111
09-04-2007, 01:17
Gday,

Heres my attempt at an O&G army, after just purchasing the new book. All help appreciated. Here goes:

L - Black orc warboss - 201
Heavy armour, Armed to da Teef, Niblas itty ring, Colar of Zorga, Spiteful shield

H - Orc Shaman - 135
-Level 2, Amulet of protectyness , Waah! paint

H - Night goblin Shaman - 125
level 2, 4x magic mushrooms

C - 30x Orc Boyz - 210
Choppa, shield, Full command

C - 30x Orc Boyz - 210

C - 40x Night Goblins - 215
HW, Shield, Full commnad, *3 x Fanatics*

C - 10x Spider riders - 158
Bows, muso, boss

S - 2x Spear chukkas

S - 10x Squig hoppers

S - 20x Black orcs - 318
Armed to da Teef, Heavy armour, Full command

S - Rock Lobba - 75
Orc Bully

R - 1x Snotling pump wagon

R - Doom Diver Catapault

TOTAL - 1992

Regards, Tim

Timk1111
10-04-2007, 08:24
anyfing at all?

Timk1111
10-04-2007, 14:31
guess no one likes orcs anymore.

blurred
10-04-2007, 16:04
Don't be so hasty young 'un. :) Here are some things for you to consider:

1) Your warboss is quite vulnerable with just a 4+ AS and he's not that hitty either. I'd suggest you mount him on a boar, ditch the ring and give him some nifty magic weapon.

2) The orc shaman does not really need extra protection as he should not be in a fight. Throw the amulet away and give him Nibbla's ring. Also, four mushrooms is a bit of overkill with the night goblin. He'll just blow his head with the first or second shroom and then the rest will be useless.

3) I've found 25 orcs to be the optimal size, though some people prefer 30. It's just a matter of taste really, but I'd suggest dropping a couple. Same goes for the NG unit. Sure they're goblins and there should be a lot of them, but I would not be comfortable with a unit that costs over 200 points and has LD5.

4) Divide the spider unit into two units of five with a musician in both units. Use them to harass the enemy and redirect charges. Bows are quite useless, but it can be fun to take a few pot shots at the enemy so do as you wish.

5) 10 Squig hoppers is way overkill. I'd go for a unit of 5 to 8.

Otherwise looks good. Happy gaming. :)

mr_kovacs
11-04-2007, 00:37
i've been playing with orcs for over 10 years and this is by far one of the best armys i've ever seen, those night goblins good move, as for the general they come in real handy, other then that, good army!

stashman
11-04-2007, 08:33
Put this on your Black Orc Warboss and he is a machine:
Ulags Akrit Axe, Warboss Umms Best Boss At, Biggeds Kickin Boots + Enchanted Shield (that is with Heavy Armour 3+ Armour Save, 5+ Wardsave and he kick butt with 5 S6 attacks with reroll in first round of combat!!!)

Maybe a chariot instead of stone thrower (never any luck with mine)

When it comes to shaman use either 2 goblins or 2 orcs (you have a better chance to get waaagh with 2 orcs)

Put nets on night goblins!

When you use pumpwagons - take 2 for one choice!!!

blurred
11-04-2007, 09:24
Put this on your Black Orc Warboss and he is a machine:
Ulags Akrit Axe, Warboss Umms Best Boss At, Biggeds Kickin Boots + Enchanted Shield (that is with Heavy Armour 3+ Armour Save, 5+ Wardsave and he kick butt with 5 S6 attacks with reroll in first round of combat!!!)

Seems like a good setting to me, but Akrit axe gives S6 in the first round of combat and re-rolls all the time. Also, I'd add a boar to this. 1+ save is just so much better than 3+ and its not that pricy either.

Timk1111
19-04-2007, 08:04
Gday.Ive re-kerjigered my list and this is now what i have. How is it?

L - Black orc warboss - 285 (goes with the 29 boys)
Heavy armour, Boar, Ulag's Akrit axe, Enchanted shield, Warboss umm's best boss 'at

H - Orc Shaman - 125
-Level 2, Nibblas 'itty ring

H - Night goblin Shaman - 115
level 2, 3x magic mushrooms

C - 30x Orc Boyz - 210

C - 30x Orc Boyz - 210

C - 40x Night Goblins - 225
HW, Shield, Full command, Netters, *2 x Fanatics*

C - 5x Spider riders - 76
Bows, muso, boss

C - 5x Spider riders - 76
Bows, muso, boss

S - 2x Spear chukkas

S - 8x Squig hoppers

S - 20x Black orcs - 318
Armed to da Teef, Heavy armour, Full command

R - 2x Snotling pump wagon

R - Doom Diver Catapault

TOTAL - 2000

Regards, Tim

Mister Hat
19-04-2007, 11:08
Mate, listen to the advice you are given! ;)

Split the spiders up into 2 units. The extra 5 do not add a rank bonus, they are fast cavalry! You will use them to bait enemy chargers and die horribly, so a min unit is required.

A spider musician is useful so drop an orc or two to pay for it.

If you lose a few more orcs and take the units down to 25 you can afford a wolf chariot, which are the best chariots in the game for their points.

And just my opinion on magic - 4 levels is not going to cut the mustard. Either go magic heavy and get a few spells through or just take a level 1 scroll caddy. Lets face it, you aren't going to be hanging around - if the boyz are not in combat at the latest by turn 3 there is something wrong. So you may have to weather 3 turns of magic - 3 DD and 2 scrolls will be enough to do that IMHO.

Timk1111
20-04-2007, 02:57
Mate, listen to the advice you are given! ;)

Split the spiders up into 2 units. The extra 5 do not add a rank bonus, they are fast cavalry! You will use them to bait enemy chargers and die horribly, so a min unit is required.

A spider musician is useful so drop an orc or two to pay for it.

If you lose a few more orcs and take the units down to 25 you can afford a wolf chariot, which are the best chariots in the game for their points.

And just my opinion on magic - 4 levels is not going to cut the mustard. Either go magic heavy and get a few spells through or just take a level 1 scroll caddy. Lets face it, you aren't going to be hanging around - if the boyz are not in combat at the latest by turn 3 there is something wrong. So you may have to weather 3 turns of magic - 3 DD and 2 scrolls will be enough to do that IMHO.

Ok ok ok ok. Spiders have been changed. Understood.

The orcs will stay at 30. Size matters for these guys.

Ive already got a couple of armies with chariots, so ill not miss em. Plus the pump wagons are cheaper and way cooler.

As for magic, i have 4 levels, one bound spell, 3x magic mushrooms. Thats plenty.

Tim