PDA

View Full Version : Night Goblin armies - still competitive with new book?

Peachy
09-04-2007, 12:06
I've been playing a mixed orc and gobbo list for a while now and after receiving a heap of night gobbos in a trade I'm tempted to try a night gobbo army. I'm wanting to keep it reasonably themed but am tempted to keep in things like some chukkas etc. I'm just wondering how effective people have found night goblin armies tol be with the new book. Can they be competitive in both social and tournament environments?

Tutore
09-04-2007, 12:28
Very effective. Just take the basic ones: 3 points for a normal goblin with 5+ AS in close combat. You can have many units. And you can take nets for 35 points as an upgrade for the unit. I find them still very useful.

Word Bearer
09-04-2007, 21:19
With the loss of the extra big boss in the new book, the (albeit very slight) price increase and a few other slight changes, I've found the all Gobbo list to be a lot less viable than it was previously.

It can still work, but I've yet to get consistent positive results. More playtesting and list writing will be done though.

zoddri
10-04-2007, 00:24
Well, you'll need a bit of "Herohammer" but it works. Use your ability to outnumber and make sure you have some good characters that can handle other powerful characters.
Squigs are also good, use them.

As for using all-out night gobbos in a tournament.. Sure, why not? You'll have to have extremely good tactics and some luck with the dices as well but it might work.
In social environments it's a winner. They can turn tail and flee in round two or hold their ground forever and ever. You never know what will happen when you field a gobbo army and that makes them really fun, both to command and fight against.

sodapopinski
10-04-2007, 00:42
Im working on a night goblin army myself, and the few playtest games i`ve had taught me this: Take Skarsnik!!! not only fluffy and fun, but also a real boost to the army with ld8 and all his special rules (and no permission from opponent :evilgrin: I love 7th Ed.)

Also, you can have a theme using normal gobbo units, just convert the warmachine crews or spider riders to night gobbos, which I have done with little effort with the battle for skull pass gobbos,a jewelry knife, clippers, greenstuff and glue.

The army fares well in my opinion, but you have to be very clever and tricky, as any night goblin should!!!, also its fun as hell, and everyone will like you for playing an army of little, green, cranky old men ;)

broodjeork
10-04-2007, 14:26
i dont care whatever u do but in any case use squighoppers.
they rock hard, ten of the buggers can easely take on most inits