PDA

View Full Version : WBBL stagnant

tenpole
09-04-2007, 23:09
Has anyone notice how everything has come to a grinding halt. No posts. No games.

th0r
09-04-2007, 23:19
I imagine the killing of two tournaments can do that sort of thing.

tenpole
09-04-2007, 23:22
But at least I did not have to wait till June to get my team in a game. But then again.

Deng Ham
09-04-2007, 23:31
Well it have been easter. And prioritys have changed a bit.
I for one, have run a real life turnament at my gaming club. And needed to get that over first.

Other other than that. I've been waiting for other teams to catch up in the stunty league. And the Warseer league have had som start up trubble. But hoping that have settled.

And ready to game. Let's see if Tenpole and me can find a mutal agreeable time to do the game..

Lardidar
09-04-2007, 23:33
I just now joined the WBBL and cant wait to get playing :)

cya on the pitch.

tenpole
09-04-2007, 23:49
Have you considered entering a stunty team in the Warseer stunty league thing group/gang /mob. Just PM me your team and I will put you in.

Keravin
10-04-2007, 08:45
Played our game. Waiting on other people.

tenpole
10-04-2007, 08:53
My game against Deng's girls will be Saturday Morning at approx 11:00.

Lardidar
10-04-2007, 10:37
Have you considered entering a stunty team in the Warseer stunty league thing group/gang /mob. Just PM me your team and I will put you in.

Stunty games, sure I'm in.

Can you drop me a link to the rules page please ... or is it the same as the WBBL?

Cheers,

LordSnotball
10-04-2007, 11:23
heh, given that it is easter and no1 can play games, why was the tourney started anyway?

the funny thing is that over easter i actually have time for a change... the thing is i can't play coz the team is tied up...

ah well... btw, does anyone know when round 2 is starting, maybe i can get that match done...

btw, welcome to the group lardidar!

Keravin
10-04-2007, 12:45
Round 2 can only start when round 1 is finished as the system means that games can't be sorted until the points are in.

nkicik
10-04-2007, 13:34
Surely just set a deadline and then if anyone hasn't got their games sorted out by then, then it's a point a piece or if one person lets the organiser know that they've been trying to sort the game out before the deadline day but the other person hasn't been about then they get a walkover win? Otherwise it'll be May before we get to play our second games. I fail to see how people can't have a mutual hour or so free once a week unless they are away on holiday or something along those lines.

PhrollikK
10-04-2007, 15:38
I believe there is a 2-week deadline for the first round if my memory serves me... For the other rounds I think a 1-week limit is in order where an extension can be made to the deadline if both players promise to play a couple days after...

As for the WBBL, well, my opponent has been AWOL for 18 days and counting...

LordSnotball
13-04-2007, 13:46
well... 3 matches played now, and Sigmarschamp got online again, but no PM from him... again! i think our match is doomed not to be played...

Autobot HQ
13-04-2007, 22:00
right, well i've been more or less unable to get on after the gf of doom dragged my nice shiney laptop off my desk. She's an angel like that.

I'm loking at an open run league at the moment, not sure how to work it however as I really don't want to split the league up as it means less people to play and less viarity but I don't want to see the little people picked on. It's one I'm discussing wih people at the moment.

And th0r - it's over, let it go :p you knew the orginal deadline, it stuck, so drop it no-one but you cares anymore :)

LordSnotball
14-04-2007, 11:44
ok, open league means simply that u can play anyone else who happens to be online at the same time. a house rule could be that if a team has 40tr or ts more, then they have to make it clear that they are higher... or to make it absolutely clear that it is OK to turn down a game offer if the TR is too high

other than that, it will just make finding matches easier... these hols i saw around 6 WS playrs online and could have played most probably all of them. instead im stuck waiting for siggy...

the only ppl who will have a disadvantage will be low ranking teams who dont get a game or two early. however, a good week warning could solve that, esp if the tourney startes thursday evening, so that ppl have all friday afternoon-sunday to play...

anyway, the advantages are that you get games a lot faster and more frequently, the disadvantage is that semi-active players will end up having weak teams compared to the rest of the players.

Gres
14-04-2007, 12:04
Please not another restart though, let this competition run through and then change the system. Maybe cut the number of rounds to make it run quicker but the number of aborted competitions is getting to me. The open league sounds like a good system to try next.

Deng Ham
14-04-2007, 12:06
anyway, the advantages are that you get games a lot faster and more frequently, the disadvantage is that semi-active players will end up having weak teams compared to the rest of the players.

I don't see that as a problem. If you are not active, then you are slowing down the entire league. So by making it an advatige to be active. Then you reward the ones the put time into playing.

Keravin
14-04-2007, 13:01
I also think the higher teams will be disadvantaged because I can easily see some people wishing to avoid playing us.

Deng Ham
14-04-2007, 14:21
We do that already ;)

But seriously. It will even out things between the teams. And on top of that we get to play teams that woud make even games. And not walk over games. It is realy frustrating to play a mutch better team. And equaly boring to play a worse team.

Keravin
14-04-2007, 14:47
Doesn't tend to help those of us with long standing teams who are here to play regularly.

LordSnotball
14-04-2007, 18:39
heh, personally i never turn down a match, regardless of the matchup. If you find me online (and im not already in a match of course), we will definitely play...

a lot of the players have their own style, mine is 'free for all'.

Looking forward to being able to play my next opponent!

Spoonie
15-04-2007, 16:01
Well if it gets switched to an open format I just might have to finally get involved. I tried talking to Yorkie about it many moons ago but he never got back to me on how you actually join up. The only problem with running an open style format that I can see is you run into the same problems you have in ranked where everybody has an excuse why they won't play your dwarfs or khemri.

tenpole
17-04-2007, 14:23
Yorkie and I have scheduled our game for Saturday morning betwwen 10:00 and 11:00.
This is the last chance for this game to be played as the league needs to get moving again. If Fredox is around after I will play him as well.

Fredox
17-04-2007, 14:45
I should be around Saturday night. Not sure when but AutobotHQ and I need to finnish our game first. I should be regulary avalible soon as I've no more holidays planned and I'm fulltime at work instead of self employed.

LordSnotball
18-04-2007, 12:34
hehehee...

we managed to get 4/8 matches in 3 weeks... Lol! btw, when is round 2 starting?

Jet
18-04-2007, 21:13
From an outside standpoint I'd be disappointed if round 2 didn't start next week on the Monday. If the games can't be played over a weekend then perhaps they won't be played at all. I would encourage whoever is in charge, probably Stu himself, to take this line.

Lardidar
18-04-2007, 22:52
Hi all,

I have just entered the WBBL with my Wood elf and Skink (stunty) teams.

I would love to play as soon as I can, I am not sure if you can play exhibition matches during your tournament but if you can I am around most weekday evenings (not Wed)

My TR is 100 but I don't care what team or TR I play against. I just love to play :)

Hope to be playing you all soon!

th0r
19-04-2007, 03:13
Man, did anyone else just hear Stu's chair fall. lol.

LordSnotball
19-04-2007, 09:41
heh, i thought that round 2 was supposed to end last weekend, not this wkend. either way, still no siggy!

anyway, who is Stu???

tenpole
19-04-2007, 09:58
I think the date given was a advised schedule and not a strict one. Flexibility is given to certain circumstances like in this case Yorkie on holiday.

Skinnydookie
19-04-2007, 12:24
Sigmars champ did not respond to about 3 pm's regarding our match in the last tournament for us 'minor' teams and thus our game never happened before the start of the WBBL.

My suggestion for solving delays is as follows:

We have a deadline of say a week or 2 weeks. If people have trouble getting hold of their opponent. Then they can issue their available times etc in a new official sticky for organising matches here in warseer. That way noone can claim to have missed each other etc. on MSN or Fummbl chat and the league organisers can see for themselves who is making an effort to play their games if the deadline passes without the game being played and the correct party can count as having forfeited the match.

tenpole
19-04-2007, 19:39
For the stunty league you can always send a post to either myself or PhrollikK if you cannot get in contact with your opponent.

Unless the opponents you are trying to PM and will not respond are PhrollikK and Tenpole in which case you can get stuffed.

LordSnotball
20-04-2007, 09:26
Siggy is a special case as he lives in Japan. I played him in Carcass, but i caught him online around 11am CET. When most of you come back from school/work, its 2am for him, and impossible to play...

the thing is, he's never on...

I think i mentioned in the chat the system we use in NL.

we have a redline after 10 days, and the deadline after 15 days.

the rounds always start on the 1st of the month and the 15th of the month. this would mean that round 1 the redline is the 10th. If you haven't played by the 10th you need to send a PM to the admin asking for an extension. If one of the players doesn't PM the admin, it is an automatic forfeit... then the match has to be played by the 15th. 15th is the deadline, and the next round starts. if you haven't played the match, tough luck.

now, i dunno if that would suit this group, but it is useful coz:
1) all players know when the deadline is coz it never changes
2) 2 weeks normally means that the matches get played
3) you have a redline and a deadline. if you don't contact your opponent, you will fail to meet the redline, and forfeit the match
4) the clear deadline is observed
5) the same rules apply to everyone

(no offence intended, but the way i see it, to allow 2 ppl to play 1 match, the remaining group had to wait for a whole week now, thanks!)

anyway, im not complaining, im just pointing out perspectives and alternatives... anyone can complain, few people propose... just hope this is constructive

Deng Ham
20-04-2007, 15:09
Think snott have a fiew good pointers. Specialy like the idead with red and dead lines. And that the rounds are sett to fixed dates rather than weeks. So the 10th and 25th of every month is red lines and 15th and last is dead. This way it's easyer to plan on including the game. So if I know I'm going away I can arrange this with the oponent in advance.

Also I think that we are too nice. We want all players to be included and to play there games. And that is me included. I like to se every player play there game. and for this to be a friendly league. But the cost of this is that it is slowed down. to an almost halt. So we either change the format of introduce a dead line. And this is not to be crule to some teams or coaches. But the keep the league running.

Autobot HQ
20-04-2007, 18:05
Yeah, I agree, but then we get people moaning they didn't play their final with their precious High El... oops :D

th0r
20-04-2007, 20:46
lol... well this is getting to be a pain. Would be nice to have my opponent able to play before 9pm as that is usually when i'm working/boozing it up.

LordSnotball
20-04-2007, 22:12
nods... the system works a treat in the NL league. Now, imo if after 3 weeks u still havent played ur match, well, you wont get to play it in the 4th week either.

lets start round 2 now. AutoBot, dunno how ur current system works, but try to get all the inactive teams to play each other so everyone else can play, and replace the most inactive player with lardidar's team...

that should speed things up a bit