PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Form

Shazarn
10-04-2007, 00:16
Hiya,
can a Carstein Vanpire with the wolf form power (9"M) join a unit of wolves or can wolves not be joined at all?
thanks alot

Bloodknight
10-04-2007, 00:36
He can. The only stuff in the VC book that may not be joined are Bat swarms, Ghouls and Spirit hosts.

Could also be giant bats, but I am not sure if flyers may be joined at all or if that was only characters on flying mounts which arenīt allowed to join any units. You have to check that in the rulebook as I donīt have mine here ATM.

Malicus
10-04-2007, 04:27
From my understanding a character can join any unit that does not specifically say otherwise (Bat swarm, spirit hosts for example). So if you wanted to put a character in a unit of Dire wolves you are more than welcome, you just have to move at the rate of the slowest value in the unit. So if you didn't invoke the ring and joined the unit it is legal, you're just moving at a rate of 6 instead of 9. Same with an onfoot character joining a mounted unit. All legal unless stated specifically that either no one can join, or only certain characters. At that point you would have to consider whether it would be wise to do so. Like if the Black Knights are already in combat you could fly a Stirgoi into the unit to fight with them and have him leave afterwards. Now, I don't have my rulebook in front of me to verify this and give you pages, but if my memory serves me correctly this is how it works.

Braad
10-04-2007, 07:36
As far as I know a character cannot join or leave a unit which is already in close combat.
Am I correct?

Festus
10-04-2007, 07:51
Yes. You are indeed correct.

Festus

lparigi34
10-04-2007, 14:14
Characters may never join flying units, rulebook p.69...

Malicus
10-04-2007, 14:30
You're right characters can't join units in CC (pg. 73). I can't recall this ever coming up in a battle but I just always assumed that they could. Now I know...and knowing is half the battle. :)