PDA

View Full Version : The allmighty empire (1500)

Da Black Gobbo
10-04-2007, 20:43
Hi there everybody! I've worked this list and i think it could rock lots of armies it combines fun and efficiency here it goes.

--Warrior priest: Sigismund sword (was it the name?) shield heavy armour.

--Wizard: lvl 2 Volan's ring (?) dispell scroll

--Engineer: Light armour, Clockhorse, str 6 gun, kamikaze pidgeon.

--Troops--

--20 State troops: Full command hallberds, shields.-

-8 men Hallberd Detachmen

--12 Handgunners: Marksman with 3 shots gun.-

--20 Flagelants: lider

--Special--

--5 Outriders:Lider w/ str 6 gun.-

--5 Outriders:Lider w/str 6 gun.-

--Rare--

--STEAM TANK :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

How i said before i try to combine cheesyness with fun, i play allmost all i like, what do you think?? Could it beat some armies? or it will not work?

Jackster
10-04-2007, 21:08
G.Blunderbuss (S6 gun) is not worth it on outriders because the range is too short, plus you get only one shot.
I would prefer to buy H.Longrifle, most efficient on outrider champ.
I would make the handgunners detachment, just so they can support fire and dont cause panic when you flee the charge (a viable tactic.)

blahblahblah
11-04-2007, 05:04
I might swich the engineer for another warrior priest since you don't have any artillery and maybe change one outrider unit for pistoliers for the added mobility since your list looks a little static and easily out manuvered (with the tank being the exception). sure the outriders are manuverable, but if they move, they can't fire, so they're unlikely to move often.

Da Black Gobbo
11-04-2007, 13:31
I don't like pistoliers they lack in range and they are hit on 4+ while the outriders got 3 60cm range shots at 3+ they aren't that mobile but they don't need it, and is very difficul to "manouver" right, most of all when your units are getting shots from everywhere.

Jackster
11-04-2007, 18:53
Pistoliers have about the same range as outriders if they march. (16"+8"=24")
Outriders are more vulnerable than pistoliers because they have to remain stationary to fire, so they can be charge by fast moving units or shot by other units (I killed my friend's Outriders with Crossbows without returning fire)
Pistoliers can run around the enemy and stay out of line of sight or make use of cover.

Rodman49
12-04-2007, 06:20
Pistoliers have about the same range as outriders if they march. (16"+8"=24")

You can fire pistols when marching? What?

Jackster
12-04-2007, 06:47
Fast Cavalry, you can fire while marching.

Da Black Gobbo
12-04-2007, 09:57
Yep fast callvary rulz but if you march and shoot you hit on 5+ ( -1 for moving) if you do this 5 man pistoliers unit against a unit of goblins (for exaple) will hit 4 (average) then will inflict 3 wounds, while an outrider unit shooting at longe rage against the same unit hit on 4+ 15 shots, 8 hits 6 goblins deads, for me is much better, but i don't say pistoliers are bad, they are a very good harass unit hunting enemy wizards or warmachine's crews, they are two different units and each one gots its own gaming style.

Jackster
12-04-2007, 18:10
eh no, you get -1 for repeating fire as well, so you hit on 5+ (long range, R. Fire) if you fire 15 shots with Outriders, 6+ (move & fire, R. fire) 10 shots with pistoliers (not including champs)
Pistoliers are cheaper, so their stats are lower.
The point people said you need Pistolier is that Fast unit can stay out of lind of fire of your outriders (flying units, other fast cavalry) outriders can do nothing against them, while pistoliers can move forward and shoot them.

Da Black Gobbo
13-04-2007, 09:38
Yes of course they can do a thing shoot at them till they die :D

Vattendroppe
13-04-2007, 10:59
State troops of what type? Spearmen, halberdiers, swordsmen, free companies or greatswords? They're all state troops.

Da Black Gobbo
13-04-2007, 12:45
It says state troops: full command, halberds...

Vattendroppe
13-04-2007, 13:42
It says state troops: full command, halberds...

So, since the command is helberdiers, the rest of the troops also will be helberdiers. I get your point. But it's a pretty dull way to write it.

Da Black Gobbo
13-04-2007, 21:02
i'm sorry my english suck and there are some words most of all when we talk about medieval concepts or items that i don't know the way to write it or the translation in to english. thanx for the answers.

Jackster
14-04-2007, 03:03
I check my rule book, you get no penalty for move and fire or long range with pistols. So they hit the same as outriders.
The point I was trying to make was, people can hide behind a terrain to avoid your Outriders (they cant shoot if they dont have line of sight) while pistoliers can move and shoot them.
for a parent unit, either spearmen or swordsmen is better than halberdiers in my opinion. Halberdiers do serve well as detachments.