PDA

View Full Version : Sword of might

Zonq
11-04-2007, 00:04
Hi everyone,

While reading the description of this item I noticed something funny (p. 122 of the BRB): "The blade confers upon the character who fights with it +1 Strenght when rolling to wound."

Does that mean that I do not get the +1 Strenght bonus when determining my opponent's armour save?

Zonq

Greyfire
11-04-2007, 00:30
The BRB does say "+1 strength when rolling to wound."

But my Empire book just says "+1 strength". The Orc books says the same thing.

I'm thinking that the original text is just a little more of their flowery prose that's confusing us - like the whole mounted discussion.

Since my army books says +1 strength that's what it does. But who knows, I could be wrong.

-=- Greyfire

EvC
11-04-2007, 00:40
If it's +1 Strength when rolling to wound, that means the wound is at +1 Strength. And so reduces the armour save by an additional point. It doesn't apply to things like Strength tests and the like, though.

TheWarSmith
11-04-2007, 00:58
EvC has it right. It's not +1S for tests or anything relating to your strength value EXCEPT wounding in close combat.

Crazy Harborc
11-04-2007, 19:34
Good luck with that windmill. Bet the wind is really blowing those blades around fast, with the snow you just had:evilgrin:

Never heard or don't remember a time when the Sword of Might didn't cause a -1 to the armour save because it gives a +1 to strength. It's a valid point, the rulebooks says what it says. So do the mentioned armybooks. Chi-town area has a bunker ask there.

Zonq
11-04-2007, 22:15
Thanks everybody.

Zonq

TheWarSmith
11-04-2007, 23:56
Good luck with that windmill. Bet the wind is really blowing those blades around fast, with the snow you just had:evilgrin:

Never heard or don't remember a time when the Sword of Might didn't cause a -1 to the armour save because it gives a +1 to strength. It's a valid point, the rulebooks says what it says. So do the mentioned armybooks. Chi-town area has a bunker ask there.

Not sure if that windmill joke was aimed at me.

The Chicago bunker staff should NOT be given any authority on rules. When I game there we use them simply as objective sources, but we know that by no means are they very often the best sources for rules conundrums.

Crazy Harborc
12-04-2007, 23:56
TheWarSmith, The WarSmith.....etc, etc, (pretend I did it 25 times). OPPS, sorry about leaving the name TheWarSmith out.....I had an old fart moment.

Umm.....since we only have one company store, we expect our black/red shirts to know their stuff. We beat them when they dont...well, the smallest one anyway.:D

I NEVER trusted the rulezboys at mailorder. Called two time in one day. I got two different "experts" and two different answers......To the SAME question. I won a bet because I predicted it would happen:evilgrin: