PDA

View Full Version : WAAGH Grotswag!...Voltaire goes Green on eBay

Voltaire
11-04-2007, 10:26
Greetings once again one and all!

Before we go into the detail of Waagh Grotswag, I believe some backstory for this whole incident is needed to add a bit of context. It all began just before Carnage North '07. I was looking at my army for the tournament and realised "This army is finished".

5000+ Points of Chaos and I have finally decided to call it a day. I will continue to add to it bit by bit over time, but for now, I need something new, I need something different...I need something green...Thus it begins - Waagh Grotswag. After looking around for something completely different to Chaos in terms of painting etc, I looked in my bits box and found the BFSP Goblins - I had found my new army.

To add a twist to this process though, I am going to be doing something a bit different and I'm going to be making the entire army out of the bits and pieces and anything else I find on eBay.

An update will arrive tomorrow when I hopefully have the box and begin constructing it.

Cost so far:

BFSP: 30
Orcs Warriors: 9
Chariot 10
Orc Waagh Shaman 0
8 Boar Boys 20

Total: 69

Huw_Dawson
11-04-2007, 11:24
Good luck Voltaire - Always nice to see Orcs getting a look in on these Plogs. :p

- Huw

mousekiller
11-04-2007, 13:00
Wow mate, 5000 points of all chaos, that is something to be proud of. Good luck with the Waaaaagh, I will be looking forward to some updates soon.

Lardidar
11-04-2007, 14:22
Look forward to it,

You should keep track of all the Ebay costs (+P&P) and compare at the end the Ebay Vs GW, just to see what you have saved.

I hope you wont just be buying new stuff, if you dig around on Ebay you will find some great OOP mini's and they can add big talking points to your army.

Voltaire
11-04-2007, 22:11
Two Auctions Won!

The first is just a box of Orc boys, this will fill in the first of a duo of big units of Boys. t cost me 8.95!

The second win was a constructed and sprayed boar chariot. I want a duo of these and I'm currently looking for another to accompany it. A bargain for 10!

I dug out the old BFSP boxed set and got all the stuff out of that, 59 goblins (I'm missing a Spearmen) and a troll. What I'm going to do with the troll remains to be seen.

Finally, I found a Savage Orc Shaman. This was a surprise and needs to be stripped of paint and a rebase, both of which shouldn't be any trouble. I

HolySanguinius
11-04-2007, 22:23
Hi

This should be an interesting log, I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Subscribed. :D

Huw_Dawson
12-04-2007, 10:55
Erm... right... Orcs for cheapness... err... *runs to eBay*

:p

You have 59 goblin spearmen? Isn't that a slight problem? :p

- Huw

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
12-04-2007, 21:01
Hello

Good to see you are joining the green side:), don't use goblin spearmen, goblins with handweapons are much better. Make sure you post your blog on da-path for some more greenskin feedback.

Greetz
G

Quin 242
12-04-2007, 21:20
Greetings once again one and all!

Before we go into the detail of Waagh Grotswag, I believe some backstory for this whole incident is needed to add a bit of context. It all began just before Carnage North '07. I was looking at my army for the tournament and realised "This army is finished".

5000+ Points of Chaos and I have finally decided to call it a day. I will continue to add to it bit by bit over time, but for now, I need something new, I need something different...I need something green...Thus it begins - Waagh Grotswag. After looking around for something completely different to Chaos in terms of painting etc, I looked in my bits box and found the BFSP Goblins - I had found my new army.

To add a twist to this process though, I am going to be doing something a bit different and I'm going to be making the entire army out of the bits and pieces and anything else I find on eBay. So, with that in mind, the army has begun, and last night I found a box of Orcs for 15 (incuding P&P).

An update will arrive tomorrow when I hopefully have the box and begin constructing it.

Cost so far:

BFSP: 30
Orcs Warriors: 9
Chariot 10
Orc Waagh Shaman 0

Total: 49

I have some orc warriors and arrer boyz as well as a chariot I was gonna put on e-bay. If you want them i can post them tonight :) with a 5 day limit?

Voltaire
13-04-2007, 09:53
@Huw_Dawson - I'm aware of that though it does give me an excuse to give those guys a nice character for their unit!

@Quin 242 - Check your PMs

Since yesterday, I had a look through my old Ork army from 40k and have found some models which I will be turning into Fantasy stuff, most noteable is a slaver whom I will be turning into a Shaman after seeing someone else doing it in their project log.

I am currently the top bidder on a unit of Boar Boys (8 of em!) and I'm observing another Boar Chariot. These items are ending on Saturday daytime so I should have all the details of them by then if I win (here's hoping).