PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Gaming Moments

Crassus
11-04-2007, 13:18
The name says it all. say what lucky moments you have from a lone sergent holding up an assault unit to a lucky swing in favor winning you the battle

ankara halla
11-04-2007, 13:28
Last weekend played in a a tournament. Game two against Slaanesh Marines, the guy sets his Defiler (M.Hull) and two shooty CSM squads behind a hill at the very rear of his depo area, I infiltrate an eight strong BA scout squad with a fist 12" away into some ruins. I win first turn, rage the scouts forward 5", clear the rest of the terrain easily, charge into the Defiler, four fist punches later the Defiler goes BooM taking down one! scout and three CSM:s!!, the scouts consolidate into the two remaining CSM squads and effectively take out allmost all dakka from the other guy... he couldn't recover from that (especially since the dice were none too kind for him...) and before long the game went 20-0 to me.

Had it not been for those few lucky rolls (first turn, right squad rages AND manages to blow the Defiler) it would have been a very different game indeed.

LirEdinSun
11-04-2007, 13:28
A very lucky dice roll (not for me but my opponant), I peppered a squad of SM Terminators with my squad of Eldar War-Walkers armed with scatter-lasers and my farseer with guide.

I had 18 hits after re-rolls, and a fantastic 12 wounds roll, he needed 2+ to save, and passed all of them. what........ 12 x 2+, laws of averages should have killed 2 terminators.

Groksnag
11-04-2007, 13:37
a while back, me and two friends decided to have a game, 2vs1, Orks and Necrons vs Ultramarines. the only way for the Orks and Necrons to win in the 6 turn limit was to kill the Librarian in termie armor. so to be fair, we souped him up with extra wounds, 4+ inv save. at the last turn of the game (Necrons), he takes a desperate shot with the Particle Whip at the librarian, and he scatters. he scatters one inch, with Librarian still under the template. Librarian proceeds to fail his save, and suffers Instant Death. we all just stood there staring for a few seconds, shocked that he actually died. then everything went crazy.
what could be luckier than killing the objective with the LAST shot of the game?

WIppit Guud
11-04-2007, 14:31
15 flash gitz, 27 hits. That goes a bit beyond luck.

1 Earthshaker shot taking out a BT Land Raider and 3 out of 5 terminators inside, round 1.

IAMNOTHERE
11-04-2007, 14:54
5 grots holding there own against 10 IG storm troops and 20 other guards.:)

Isambard
11-04-2007, 15:20
I had 18 hits after re-rolls, and a fantastic 12 wounds roll, he needed 2+ to save, and passed all of them. what........ 12 x 2+, laws of averages should have killed 2 terminators.

Meh, 35% chance of passing 12 consecutive 2+ saves. Not that amazing.

Plus, there is no such thing as 'the law of averages'.

My best moment was in 2nd ed. I had an Everson Assassin charge a Guardian. WS8+1 and 5 attacks ws WS3 and 1 attack. I won the combat (despite the Evesors parry), and took a wound of it. Nect turn my Eldar dread pasted the pair of them with a heavy plasma gun (max power, hnarf hnarf). Evesor assasin kopped for 6 wounds and failed its dodge, and died. Guardian survived! As the assassin died it self-detonated, again, not wounding the guardian.

Wearing very crispy armour and covered in bits of the the games best killer, that Guardian became my hero.

0ld1eye
11-04-2007, 17:33
Grot just wiped out my Seer Council.
Grot.
My ******* Seer Council.
In combat.

Gutlord Grom
11-04-2007, 17:35
Wait, one grot, or multiples? Because one is just hilarious.

0ld1eye
11-04-2007, 17:37
About twenty. Gretchin is singular.
First they shot me, then they charged. Caused one casualty with shooting, wiped out the other six members in combat.

That's twelve 4+ invulnerable saves with re-rolls I failed there. :wtf:

Gutlord Grom
11-04-2007, 17:40
Actually, Grots is plural. Grot is how an ork/c adresses someone smaller. Gretchin can be like fish, wherw it is singular or plural.

But still, that is some horrific luck.

superknijn
11-04-2007, 17:41
Wow, that were some lucky little gits.

Gretchin is more of a scientific species name, IIRC; but Orks just call them Grotz, or when there is only one unfortunate Gretchin, a Grot.

ZiggyQubert
11-04-2007, 18:34
Well my personal favorite is the power-fisted scout taking out a monolith, sigh.... :) or posibly the same scout taking out the Blood thirster, that was just beautiful, of course the blood thirster simply couldn't hit the scout...

0ld1eye
11-04-2007, 18:38
Wow, that were some lucky little gits.

Not so, I hit them with 40 shuriken catapult shots the next turn and wiped them out :evilgrin:

DesolationAngel
11-04-2007, 19:20
Probably 4 Firewarriors finishing off a Bloodthrister (with 2 wounds left) in combat when he charged me in cover. Rest of the game went badly, but thats what I call a moral victory.

As for unlucky it would be when my Aspring Champion got killed by a Big Shoota due to torrent of fire, forcing the Great Unclean One out, following turn fails his pycshic test to use wind of chaos, doesn't make it into combat and rolled a 18 for instablity at the end of the turn. Probably as bad is it has got for me.

Another would be 2 scarab bases beating my Broadsides in combat, killing a drone for no wounds in return (all missed or didn't wound) and getting my 195pt squad run down by 24pts of Scarabs.

Joewrightgm
11-04-2007, 19:31
Not me, but I did see a Grot banna wavva shoot a Terminator Chaplain in the eye and kill him.

Chaplain had one wound;
Slugga boyz (only about 10 left) all miss or fail to wound.
Grot Blasta:
5 to hit
6 to wound
1 for the armor save.
Dead Chaplain.

Inferno
11-04-2007, 20:25
Last weekend. I played my Chaos vs an combined Dark Angels/Imp. Guard force.

Firstly, I won the first round.Then, my Lascannon got an glancing hit against an DA Land Raider, but managed to to roll a six, destroying it and killing 3 of the DW terminators inside. Then my Missile Launcher managed to get anglancing on an Leman Russ Demolisher that was standing right next too the destroyed LR- and I promptly rolled another six, destroying that as well:D .

Then my Havocs, which I had saved for last (as I didn't actually believe my missile and Lascannon would do anything) opened fire at the only real target- an nearby IG Chimera containing an squad of ST. The Chimera exploded, killing 6 of the ST and one of the remaining DW Terminators:evilgrin: .

It is probably one of the most effective first turn shooting phases i have ever had, though I had some terrible luck afterwards- but thats a tale for another day and another thread.

redterror
11-04-2007, 20:29
i had a game last week, nids vs ig, demolisher targeted my last remaining synapse(warriors), managed to scatter back into itself and blew up. still didnt win though

Crassus
11-04-2007, 23:49
i played a battle a few days ago where i had two 3 squads and razor back get butchered by marines with a heavy bolter and missle launcher until only the castellan, a plasma cannon marine and a lascannon marine. the castelan gets hit 4 times by the enemy chaplain but all fail to wound, the castellan in return insta-deathed the chaplain with his power fist and ran down the supporting squad. next turn, the castellan is shot at by a predator with autocannon, heavy bolters and a storm bolter and he passes all of his 2+ saves. the predator is then destroyed by the lascannon and the castelan charges the 5 man heavy bolter squad and kills them all in first turn assault alowing to consolidate to the final squad which he slaughters next turn. at the end, the castellan saved 43 2+ saves and killed 16 marines with a power fist all because a chaplain failed to wound.

Crassus
11-04-2007, 23:50
Not me, but I did see a Grot banna wavva shoot a Terminator Chaplain in the eye and kill him.

Chaplain had one wound;
Slugga boyz (only about 10 left) all miss or fail to wound.
Grot Blasta:
5 to hit
6 to wound
1 for the armor save.
Dead Chaplain.
how undignifieying by being killed by the worst unit in the game

Joewrightgm
12-04-2007, 02:09
oh man, you have no idea, the entire store was roaring with laughter. the guy whose chaplain it was laughing along with us; always a gentleman gamer that one.

Brockafally
12-04-2007, 02:17
At one of the Canadian GT's (old ones) before they changed the rules for ordnance. Two Landraiders side by side with a squad of terminators in it. First shot of the game from a Guard tank. Hit's both (places the template in the middle so it catches both) and blows them both up, to add insult to injury the guy's terminator squad was annihilated when his opponent rolled 6 on the ord pen chart. 800 points of marines gone on the first shot. The marine player conceded right afterwards. no point in continuing with 700 points vs. 1500 pts of guard staring down at you.

ChuckJustice
12-04-2007, 03:13
Well, this didn't happen during a game of 40k, it was actually a tac sim minis game called Phoenix Command, which I believe is no longer in print, which is a shame , because although it was overly complex, it was still a highly cool game.
But I'm straying from the point... The "Lucky" Incident was actually the entire night for one of my gaming buddies, His guys kept taking rifle shots to the head, all night, and every single time he rolled his "KV" basically and armor save, PC was played using percentile dice, and you'd need a 98-99% to servive a head shot, I swear he made 8 of them that night.

Incidentally, this is the same guy who wiped out my Wolf Guard termie squad with a mob of Autogun wielding grots.... Luckiest SOB I know.

Chuck Justice

Ianos
12-04-2007, 09:34
How about 3 dreadnaughts with twin-lascannon and missile firing and a land raider for 3 turns only shaking it. Add to that a couple of hunter killers and one melta-shot. The Land raider reaches the GK line unscathed and unloads 6 termies with lightning claws massacring the GK termies. Then they just stand out in the open and wait. In the GK turn, the following units fire upon the terminators 3 dreads twin-las/missile, 2 chimeras with multilaser and heavy bolter, 2 squads of storm troopers with 2 plasma guns each rapid fire, an 8 man GK squad with 8 stormbolters and then the 7 str6 and one str6 power weapon justicar, all ws5 gk charge the termies.
The result? 1 termie down!!!!!

On the math side:
1)Chance of not destroying the LR (no other damage calculated like immobilization or multiple damages that lead to destruction)=13,77%
2)Chance of not killing more than one termie=0,00000364!!!!! 3,64 in 100000!!!!!
3)Chance of all these happening=0,0000005... half in a million times!!!

daladzor
12-04-2007, 10:58
My luckiest moment, was when i was facing a 3000 point khorne army. I lost the first turn and luckily for me, his 3 dreadnoughts with ccw went beserk and slaughtered his own army

( we were playing with a houserule of if a dreadnought gets a blood rage it will charge the closest squad friend or foe,)

needless to say the only things left at the end were the dreadnoughts

SpinO
12-04-2007, 11:07
2 vs 2 battle. Emperor's children(me) and Tau vs Orks and Necrons. We're in the fifth turn, one of our flanks is about to get overrun by a monolith, the other flank and center is mostly secured. In their turn our last fire warrior squad on the losing flank is reduced to one guy. he passes his morale check and his all on your own test the turn afetr and charges the monolith. "Ha!" goes the Necron player, "he can't harm my mighty armour 14 monster." But the Tau-player has an ace up his sleave by the name of EMP. He rolls to hit and gets a six! everybody holds their breath in anticipation. he rolls a 4 on the armour value roll, getting a glancing hit. So it's all down to the most important roll of the game, and he gets a six on the glancing table. That fire warrior was put inside a crisis suit that very night:D

Eldrad Ulthran
12-04-2007, 11:08
i had a complete stroke of luck when i was face to face with an avatar in close combat!

i had about 3 normal Chaos space marines:aspiring champ (powerfist plasma gun)2 normal chaos marines (chainswords and bolt pistols)

the avatar had 2 wounds!

we were on the top of a building (one of my soldiers died because he fell off the edge) (yeah it did happen) (the people who run my GW dont particuarly like me) but that only left me 3 soldiers! ... (I won!!!!) =^^=

Nachtmeister
12-04-2007, 11:54
Lucky moment for my opponent: Annihilated my whole GK Termie squad with a bunch of grots in one round of lucky shooting. He scored five wounds and I rolled five ones for armour saves.

Indrid Khold
12-04-2007, 15:41
Lucky: Destroying a Land Raider Crusader and two assault terminators using an 18 point Dark Eldar warrior with a blaster.

Unlucky: Having a space marine las/plas squad fire at one of my raiders, manage to avoid damaging it with the anti-tank weapons, and then their sergeant shoots the damn thing down with his bolt pistol.

Bloodthirster90
12-04-2007, 17:25
A bit of luck for my friend, though i had little knowledge of what could happen. It was the last turn of the game. My Marine Vs. Eldar. I annihilated everything in his army except this one Farseer, which had moved just in front of my Whirlwind. It was too close to shoot it, so I tried to tank shock it. Sadly I declared this BEFORE I knew the Farseer had a strength 10 weapon when vs vehicles. Needless to say, i ran straight towards him with the tank and the Farseer gracefully slipped out of the way and dragged his Witchblade straight through the hull of the whirlwind. It then failed to explode which would probably have killed his Farseer in the process...

superknijn
12-04-2007, 17:37
Wow, thatīs one dangerous nice Farseer.
Note that witchblades only triple the strength, so it probably was S9. Sorry for the nitpicking ;)

Great Harlequin
12-04-2007, 19:25
Couple of moments that I can remember at the moment:

Against Fallen Angel's Tau on this forum - my Basilisk plopped a shell on the engine of his Devilfish, hoping that it might scatter... And so it did, right on top of his two Shas'els. :o

At Carnage tournie I managed to take down a Lord of Change with a Termagaunt after my Warriors and Hive Tyrant repeatedly failed to take it down!

kane40k
12-04-2007, 20:53
20 conscripts out shot 5 terminators! lmao!

oh and my mate hade 6 fire warriors charge 5 terminators and he won.... im starting to think termies are abit over rated

Kevinsho
13-04-2007, 22:51
My luckiest game moment came during a gamma-level Recon mission between Space Wolves and Chaos. On the Chaos player's last turn, he got a squad of chaos marines into my deployment zone by charging my immobile vindicator. On my turn, I fired the vindicator's cannon pointblank at those marines. The shot drifted back onto the vindicator and destroyed it. The ensuing explosion killed enough marines to knock the squad below half strength. Between the half points for the squad and the fact that my opponent didn't get extra victory points for the Recon objective, there was enough points to swing the game into a victory for me.

Eniac
13-04-2007, 22:58
Personally? NOthing spectacular springs to mind, but my best mate once, on the last turn of a game, downed a hammerhead with a head on shot from a plasma pistol from his junior officer who was "all on his own" meaning a close VP win for him.

I thought it was pretty tight.

Since 99% of any game of 40k is pretty much all down to luck, I can't pin down anything special or lucky as happening that isn't explained by incredibly poor or incredibly good dice rolls at crucial moments.

Warboss Penfra Siabe
14-04-2007, 10:03
1) Ten sluggas take aim at a 2+ save Tyrant 3 hit 3 wound my opponent then promptly rolls 3 ones, he looked rather shocked.

2) Killing a monolith with my orks right after being told 'you face the eternal question which has faced orks for all time how do you kill one of those damn things' ungodly amount of sixes from ten powerklaw attacks and one superstickbomb later the meks had a new toy to play with.

WLBjork
14-04-2007, 10:26
20 conscripts out shot 5 terminators! lmao!

oh and my mate hade 6 fire warriors charge 5 terminators and he won.... im starting to think termies are abit over rated

I think too many people are chanting "anything but a 1" before they roll. It is known that a cry of "anything but a 1" before rolling immediately causes the dice to roll 1s.

Corrupt
14-04-2007, 12:15
Had 3 Yesterday vs Tau (2k)

1) Flamer trooper only survivors of squad, seeing lots of other healtheir targets tau ignore him. Over 3 Turns he incinerated 27 Firewarriors and 8 Kroot thanks to their bunching in cover to avoid grenade launchers hehehe

2) 1 Wound crisis suit making a break for cover to hide, since he was the general and it was an assasination game. Veterans all blaze away. Krak Missile and 3 Plasma wounds are ignored by a 5+ cover save from some rubble. Only other guy left is the veteran sgt with his lasgun. Aiming quickly he taps the trigger twice. One round misses by millimetres, the other hits the suits head, causing the enitre suit to overload and explode spectacularly, as he cooly lights a lho stick and says to the other veterans "Your not truly grizzled until you kill BUFF's with a lasgun my lads, but you're learning"

3) Other veteran squad guns down a firewarrior squad with rapid fire. As all my tanks were looong gone by this point the Hammerheads turret ominously turns to face them. A scream of incoming and everyone hits the deck amongst the rubble. A massive explosion lands directly on the squad, but everyone had found a nice crater or piece of rubble to sheild them and stands up slight deafedned, to blast the tank with a Krak Missile and down it.

Mort
14-04-2007, 12:20
my best moment: monolith deep strikes,comes down and the first hunter killer missile i fire at him blasts him apart. my mate had tears in his eyes.

superknijn
14-04-2007, 12:33
Well, in a one on 5 duel between a Leman russ and a group of Space Marines with a Missile Launcher, the Battle canon scattered way off (after killing 5 Marines from that squad in the previous turn), and got a only 6 rolling missile thrown back at it. Great scene that was; the missile launcher guy just saw half of his squad blown up, then dived out of the way from the next shell, and blew it up. I like rolling sixes.

The Keeper of Secrets
14-04-2007, 12:37
Me playing a friend, 1500pnts, me taking my Death Guard against my necrons(my friend using them)

Naturally he took a monolithn and plonked it right on the centre of the main road (cityfight) so his warriors could shoot behind it.

So I stuck a dread (twin las) there opposite.

First turn (mine) take an unhopeful potshot, misses, reroll hits, glancing hit, and I roll a 6.

:eek:

:D

All his warriors couldn't get past the 'lith wreakage so had to spend the entire game repositioning through difficult terrain so they could get a good shooting veiw on my marines. Happy times!

EVIL INC
14-04-2007, 13:57
I remember hitting a falcon loaded with close combat guys with a heavy bolter while it was flying fast over diff terreign. I took it out with the first shot even though my opponant had it loaded with all the fiddly eldar extras. Luckily for me he wasnt expecting tank hunter skill on that unit that shot it down.:eek:

Crassus
14-04-2007, 19:19
...hits, glancing hit, and I roll a 6...

In my battles, glances always kills or immobilises and penetrating hits only stun. :wtf:

Thoth62
14-04-2007, 20:07
In my battles, glances always kills or immobilises and penetrating hits only stun. :wtf:

I've found much the same to be true. In fact, just last month I had a stretch of about 4 games in which a grand total of 14 vehicles were killed. Incredibly, 12 of them were a result of glancing 6's. :eek:

mjc1000
14-04-2007, 22:17
The most lucky i have got in a game before is when i was playing winter war anyway i was playing a horde of guardsmen which hefted a big punch in asault this i didnt relise until my close combat crusader squad and my chaplin where charged by 3 ogryn squads of 10!! each that had just been unloaded by cheimeras well the ogryn squads ript apart all but 3 of the battle brothers
and my chaplin well they ript 9 ogryns apart and in another 3 turns they had obliborated all of them but lost 2 marines in the process

Lord Inquisitor
14-04-2007, 22:25
Best one I can think of belonged to a friend of mine.

I was using my Emperor's Children, formed in a column (ambush scenario) and all bunched together, while my opponent was using his Necrons.

Turn 1, he shoots the Particle Whip from his Monolith. Hits my Rhino and a squad of Noise Marines - the Rhino blows up, killing my entire Possessed squad and daemonhost with no possibility of saves and the Noise Squad loses half it's members. Then we applied the 6" blast from the rhino, wiping out the rest of the Noise squad and most of another. The Greater Daemon appears from the rubble before promptly failing the Instability check and disappearing again.

Turn 1, one shot, and I had lost three quarters of my army.

The Keeper of Secrets
14-04-2007, 23:28
In my battles, glances always kills or immobilises and penetrating hits only stun. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

QFT, strange that...

Gaius_Baltar
15-04-2007, 02:19
once, i had a 5 man squad of ratling snipers, that i fired at an assult squad that was advancing towards them. they all hit and wounded, and he failed all armour saves, and was pinned.

there was this really unlucky time.. i was playing as marines, and was facing blood angels.
it was turn 5, he only had 1 marine with a lazcannon left, and i had 7 assult marines, and we agreed to just battle untill he died, because i was in assulting range.
I assulted him, in the end, he survived more htan 8 turns of assult marine attacks, and killed 4 of my marines.

onnotangu
15-04-2007, 03:28
one Jet li Genestealer Holding up and running down 20 necron warriors to ping pong into the destroyers behind and end up killing his Necron lord no get back up for them thanks to rending and a lack of a res orb.

lars4life
15-04-2007, 04:05
Facing down a Guard army with a shadow sword and a baneblade. A lone crisis suit with a fusion blaster took down the baneblade with one shot. (kept getting structure point lost and roll again).

TwistedDarkness
15-04-2007, 05:28
This was really not a game, nor a lucky moment, but an example of my probablility bending bad luck. My friend and I were having a Combat Challenge. We put our favorite units in combat and started rolling dice. After his Death Company killed my Chaos Lord-led Plague Terminators, we decided each sode would get a round of simultaneous shooting before the CC. I decided to have my Plague Marine squads face off against his Death Company. I got 12 Plasma gun shot off and overheated on 6 of them and killed their users!

daladzor
15-04-2007, 07:37
orks not dying in combatagainst dark eldar wyches
said orks running down a squad of dark eldar wyches,
my orks actually hitting the raider just in front of them and destroying it with no less than 4 glancing 6's ( they were just using their sluggas)
~
first time ive ever done so well with my orks

Krimzenkov
28-10-2007, 06:01
I recently played my first game and after my eldar opponent had taken his first turn I decided to pop up in front of one of the eldar tanks. Now I'm pretty oblivious to what that tank is about but he starts naming off all of the gear it has and the type of roll I'd need to get to even stun it and that it might not be worth firing at. I figure what the heck, and shoot the little meltagun at it and BOOM, perfect rolls, units inside destroyed. Their reaction made me realize how improbable and lucky my rolls were.

Today I played my second match, BA vs. Catachan and I'm running around the flank of the board assaulting units with my Death company, when out pops a catachan in the woods with some sort of huge STR 8 bomb that uses the big blast template. He proceeds to roll a direct hit and completely wipes out my 6 man death company with chaplain. Everyone in the game room was chuckling, it was hilarious.

azimaith
28-10-2007, 06:09
There was a team game goin on with 2 necron players (myself being one of them) vs 2 tau players. At one point they had just managed to gun down all but one of my destroyers and my friend playing tau had managed to deep strike his 3 crisis suits with twin-linked fusions right next to them. So he rolls, 3 hits. At this point it is customary for me to say: "Anything but a one" in order to make them roll ones. And you can guess what his wounding rolls were.

The beginning of my turn they all got back up and it turned the game from being a possible loss to a draw (if I recall)

Iracundus
28-10-2007, 06:13
I've seen one Gretchin (ie Grot) take down a squad of Terminators in close combat single handedly over the course of a game. The Terminators kept missing their to-hit rolls and failing their saves over multiple turns.

Kasonic
28-10-2007, 06:24
I've got an unlucky one. Some scenario that had Sentries, opponent has two Jetbike Farseers.

First time my Eldar opponent has ever fielded a Farseer, first turn, first action, he casts Guide on himself. Rolls snakes eyes for the psychic test. Wounds. Fails his Ghosthelm save. Dead.

Second turn, second action(he got a Guide off!): His second Farseer casts Doom. Rolls twelve, wounds, rolls a 1 for Ghosthelm. Dead.

He conceded even though he was otherwise doing quite well. I was rolling with laughter so hard I called up a friend of ours just to share the news.

unclejimbo827
28-10-2007, 06:53
A dozen or so conscripts ripping my buddy's tooled up chaos lord and termie retinue to pieces.

Hive Mind 33
28-10-2007, 06:58
Id have to say My Nids versus Grey knights. He deep strike the GK termis and the scatter die put them in front of my brood of Hormagunts. On my turn i killed two, and he tried to do holocaust but it did not got off, good thing to.

zealot!
28-10-2007, 07:09
2 zealots with eviscerators choppin through a unit of guard, then an immobile sentinal, then 2 more units of guard.... without leaving cc except once,,, at the end of my opponents turn. hahahaha

sly_dog
28-10-2007, 07:15
One of the better things is when I Tank Shocked a BT Terminator squad straight off the board using an immolator with no weapons. Another time I got really lucky, a standard 10 man SoB squad fought a Grey Knight Terminator squad with Grand Master. At the end of the combat, the SoB's were dead, but the only thing left was the Grand Master on his last wound.

cleansingfury
28-10-2007, 07:17
I was using my imp guard, tonight actually, against my space marines with my friend playing the marines (no i dont play 40k on my own...)

My gaurd through various means killed 2 of 5 in an assault squad, my 20 man conscript unit charges them. This results in him hitting first and killing 2. I killed 1. Next turn wiped him out and moved into position to flashlight a squad to death. Killed a 5 man tactical squad with 16 flashlights shots. Turn after that charged his other 5 man squad sitting there..... they died that turn....
Next turn his commander was sitting there, a 3 wound master in termi armor. I charge him and kill him in close combat. Tell me. how lucky am I?

How about a flamer from the last marine in the squad killing half a 10 man assault squad and casing them to run away. He escorted them off the board of course.

bram kuijpers
28-10-2007, 07:46
i was assaulted by 5 seprahim i got 10 gaurdsmen 8 saves to make on 5+
i saved 6 saves on a 5+! thats just lucky

or the time five tau skimmers ffired there anti tank gun at my land raider didnt even scratch the paint, nor in the next game against eldar it got shot by 12 bright lances. immobelized butt stil shot down alot of jetbikes and destroying one of those crystal gun on those skimmers.

AngryAngel
28-10-2007, 08:21
A very lucky, and forseen moment..last bits of a match marines vs tau 1000 pt game.

Victory seems to be on the ropes in a seek and destroy. Most of my important units dead. Killed Most of his smaller units. Only things left still being a real thorn in the side..one mobile..firing..and annoying Hammerhead..Railhead.

My one over hald tac squad with a ML outside of range..would need to move twice just to get a shot.

My second squad one man left, just happens to have a firing range. Fires, hits, glances as it was moving. He shakes it, Tau player then seeing the error of coming after those extra vps trys and runs it away. Can't get it outside of range.

I had been bosting, "That first shot there he was just getting range..he's got its number now you watch..he's got tone"

Next shot..hit..glance..immobilized, which would kill it. Tau player "Re roll that crap!" me "I told you he's got tone baby..its going down" second roll vehicle immobilized..crash..burn..and.."I told you he had tone..they must have heard it inside their steel coffin"..Tau player.."No way..they got out their safety hatches"..me "Well..we like to leave a few alive to warn their kin, of old deadeye."

Sephtar II
28-10-2007, 09:39
At the beggining of turn 6 of a game I had one fire dragon left. My opponent had two landspeeder tornadoes with assault cannons and a termie librarian with 1 wound left.

My fire dragon proceeds to blow up one land speeder then charge the other one and blow that up too.

The librarian casts might of heroes and charges into CC where the dragon proceeds to hit him over the head with his fusion gun and take him down!

That guy now has a Dark angel helmet on his base:D

EmMeTt
28-10-2007, 09:50
At a tournament I was at earlier in the year, I had first shooting phase. My kasakin shoots at my enemies slaanesh dreadnought and blows it up!

I still lost the game and came 5th last in the tournament. Bummer.

eek107
28-10-2007, 10:05
My 'nids vs my brother's Necrons. He brings a 16-strong Hormagaunt brood down to 3, but due to synapse they still keep going, and charge a unit of 3 Destroyers during the 2nd turn, who kill two of the hormies. At the end of the game, the lone Hormagaunt and the 3 Destroyers are still locked on that spot. That little guy was holding up 15x his own worth in points. I've long forgotten the result of the game, but as with all lucky moments that'll stay in my mind for quite some time.

I also seem to be good at putting curses on other people's rolls, like when my brother almost forgot to roll to wound something that needed a 2+ (I think it was either a Nightbringer in CC with one of my guard or a Heavy Destroyer shooting them), so I reminded him "You'd better roll to wound in case you get a 1."
Yep.. you guessed it. That happens a lot with me.

Visionary
28-10-2007, 10:34
My Tzeentch Daemon Prince on one wound. A baneblade fires every single weapon at the prince and he survives! Then a bolter wounds him and he dies:cries:

Squallish
28-10-2007, 11:37
About a year ago I was in a Round Robin / Elimination tournament. I went 6-1, winning the tournament.. losing only one match in the Round Robin.. but I had a serious streak of luck for 4/6 games that I won.

Game 2: Eldar vs Imperial Guard - Recon Alpha
Arguably my worst matchup (I just don't know how to tackle guard).. the game was in my opponents favour from turn one.. he shot down all but one Fire Prism.. and had survived charges from Scorpions (bad consolidate roll) and Banshees (S3 vs Ogryns.. uh oh).

Top Turn 6: I tank shock a unit of Vets with all Meltas with my Fire Prism, putting me in his zone as a Recon scoring unit. He attempts a Death or Glory and rolls box cars (6s).. then rolls box cars again to leave the table. On bottom of turn six all he had to stop the tank was a single lascannon.. who promptly missed.

Game 4: Eldar vs Grey Knights - Gamma Take and Hold
This was a tight game.. even points until turn six.. when I used my turn to take one unit of Grey Knights below scoring and contest another with turboboosting bikes, causing a huge 450ish point swing. He couldn't get the last wound off my Wraithlord holding the center objective, so I squeaked out a victory by I think 6 pts.

Game 5: Eldar vs Necrons - Seek and Destroy Omega
Again, down to the wire. Turn 6 Eldrad ends up in combat with a Lord and a large squad of Warriors... luckily the Lord was in base contact.. I get 2 wounds on him.. he misses with all his lord attacks, and Fortune bounces the Warrior attacks off. I win combat. He rolls.... a 12.. Eldrad then Sweeping Advances the entire squad and the Lord causing a 600pt shift in victory points giving me a 100pt victory.

Game 6: Eldar vs Dark Angels (old ones) - Cleanse Omega
Wow.. this was an epic battle. It came out to be 8 turns with random game length.. then we were in a draw by about 13pts (again lucky for me) but it was the finals so we kept playing until it wasn't a draw.. which didn't happen until turn 10 when he accidentally left his skimmer scoring a TQ in LoS of my Prism who promptly blasted him out of the sky.

It was an amazing streak of luck that I've never been able to duplicate.

Mkstein
28-10-2007, 12:13
I had a squad of 6 IG Strom Troopers defending out of cover against a charging unit of 8 Khorne Beserkers (25 Attacks at S5, I5, 4 with a Power Weapon!) who promptly held there own in the 1st combat turn, then killed them all in turn of combat 2!

In the same game, a sentinel with an autocannon took 2 wounds of a Termi lord in turn 1 & 3, then when he was only 2" away from murdering a squad of STs, havingjust killed my command squad, took 1 wound on him. A 2+ save came up as a 1. And, through 6 shots being fired at him, 3 hitting, all 3 wounded and failed the save.

Gromhir
28-10-2007, 12:20
I had a single lone blood claw killing two blood angels a turn for three game turns during one tourney. All he had was a power weapon against most of my opponents army.

EVIL INC
28-10-2007, 13:47
My luckiest was actually in Blood Bowl. My mummy on the front line caught a kickoff. He was in 3 tackle zones at the time and had no + to agility so he was at his base agi 1. Then he fought his way to the end zone over the course of the 2nd half. on the last turn of the game, he was on goal line in 2 tackle zones such that even if he blitzed one opponant, he would still have to make a dodge roll to score. I was out of rerolls. I made all of my blocks and saved him for last... He made his dodge roll and scored winning the game for me.

Emperor's Avenger
28-10-2007, 15:20
My scouts held off a Raptor squad in both shooting and CC losing only about 2 of their own. In the same game, my Terminators landed next to his havoc squad and killed them all save the heavy bolter and autocannon wielders. They held fast, and next turn all of their shots hit and wounded, and I rolled three out of five 1s on my saves. Ouch.

K0tka
28-10-2007, 15:37
well, my CC fex died in epilepsy coused by IG lasgun

he was Only survior of hes squads, he bails, starts running, I cant get him with sweeping. he passes lastman and shoots with lasgun, rolls 6 to wound and I roll 1 to save, shi*t!!!

damn flashlights!

Rowenstin
28-10-2007, 16:01
Last night I managed to fail every single power armor saves I had to roll. I didn't make one.

Granted, I only had to make three. But I failed them all.

He who is doom
28-10-2007, 16:18
my luckist moment i 40k was chaos vs marines. i had chaos (old rules) i got first turn i shot my defilers battle cannon into his landraider with his termies. i roll a 2 sixs that means that i penetrated i roll on the table another six annialated the tank killing all the termies inside. the army was so clumped that the explosion took out his landspeeder and both of his troops rolled nothing but 1s but he did make those leadership tests

Kulgur
28-10-2007, 16:22
I'd call this one more of an unlucky gaming moment, happened to one of my team mates in an apocalypse battle yesterday. Vortex grenade thrown 6", vortex grenade scattered 6" straight back at him and annihilated the squad

srgt. gak
28-10-2007, 17:29
I was playing my guard against csm. In the first round his defiler took out every man in my conscript platoon(50 men plus comissar) except one man. The next turn he consloidated right into the defiler, killed it with his flamer, couased an explosion that took both the defiler and the bloodthirster next to it. sadly he failed his last man standing and ran into a minefield.poor little conscript.

Feldwebel
28-10-2007, 17:33
Broadside with one wound remaining killed by a single guardsman after the rest of his squad was wiped out my stealth suits, passed leadership 'cos he was vox man, passed morale and took a shot. Hit, wounded, killed.
There was silence in that room for five whole minutes.

Fourth Captain Tycon
28-10-2007, 17:41
It was during the first game I played of Apocalypse on release day. I had a six man squad of Black Templars with Plasma Gun and Missile Launcher (to add a little heavy fire with no Devastators). It was sort of two fold, because in the first turn of the battle, the Plasma Gun and Missile Launcher through sheer luck combined to take out a Brass Scorpion and then have it explode apocalyptically, taking out 20+ Chaos Marines and 20+ Traitor Guard. Later on in same battle, the squad gets assualted by a ten man Raptor Squad. In one turn, five of the squad were slaughtered, leaving a Missile Launcher armed guy left. For the next three turns, through again sheer luck, he survives the onslaught from the Raptors. The image of him wildly swinging his Missile Launcher at them was amusing and annoying for the Chaos Player (ended up winning me a mini Swiss roll though!). In the end, as overkill, he got taken down by the Raptors and Abbadon. He has duly been named 'Plucky' from then on.

Mars
28-10-2007, 18:43
Seraphim and Canoness fly up my Tau flank. Callidus Assassin charges my 2 Crisis Suits.

Seraphim and Canoness lose 5 to a FoF. The remainder charges the Fire Warriors. After two close combat phases there are 7 Fire Warriors left, against just the Canoness :confused:.

Meanwhile the Assassin spends 4 close combat phases fighting the Crisis Suits (with 2 sniper teams at 6" distance). On the fourth turn she gets killed by a Crisis Suit with one wound left.

In the next turn the Canoness charges and kills the Crisis Suit, and faces down 10 S6 guns, so she assumes a 2+ Invulnerable save.

As a warm up I throw 9 pulse shots at her. She makes 4 saves, and rolls 3 1's, leaving my 10 S6 guns without a target.

In my next battle I move up a Piranha and a Crisis Suit to take out a Whirlwind that's killing my Kroot.

My missile pod and fusion blaster hit, but fail to penetrate.

As a last "oh yeah" I shoot my 2 gun drones at it: one hits with a 6, glances with a 6, and destroys the missile launcher :).

Lord Merlin
28-10-2007, 23:30
Someone shooting his ordnance between two squads on a commissar expecting it to scatter . It didn't and the commissar survived and then charged in after the inquisitor and her band. I won.

zealot!
29-10-2007, 00:10
oh yeah! i had a chimera drive around to the back of a russ and blow it up with a heavy bolter a few games ago. rofl

Reflex
29-10-2007, 00:27
The sorceror of Chaos stood alone against 5 necron warriors. he had the power of slannesh on his side, he knew he would destroy them all. with one swing of his staff his missed them all and then they hacked him to bits... necrons win!!!!

it took me 3 turn to kill him in combat but by gawd i won!

Stella Cadente
29-10-2007, 00:58
well there have been so damn many of them

1: Private smith blowing a dreadnought up with a grenade launcher

2: Private Jenkins charging 3 broadsides, winning the combat, and forcing them off the board

3:2nd Lieutenant Compton (power fist, carapace) leading an assault on tau lines killing 20 kroot, a hammerhead, 40 fire warriors, surviving a stray Leman russ shell to the face and then FINALLY dying (and NO he did NOT have the honorifica)

4: Same lieutenant killing 4 Grey knight terminators in combat

5:1st Lieutenant roschild (power weapon, honorifica, carapace) killed a marine Master and command squad, and then charging and wounding a chaplain WITH death company bodyguard, did not die but turn ended afterwards

6: Major Winters (Power weapon, carapace, plasma) Killed a charging Bloodthirster

7: Same Major, was charged by Kharn, a bloodthirster, and dreadnought, he killed Kharn AND the thirster AND got up 6 times with Bionics in a row

8:DA Scout sergeant survived 4 turns in close combat with a BA honor guard, seriously annoying my enemy

there are hundreds more with guard, mainly cus marines obviously suck at being heroes and being lucky

Joewrightgm
29-10-2007, 02:01
Eldar farseer, first turn rolled his three dice for fortune, all came up sixes. Promptly eaten by demon. lucky for me, not for my opponent.

My dark angels company master with combi-plasma stares down an immolater, with a sister battle leader (can't remember the name) and retinue and blasted it with his combi-plasma. Penetrated the front, blew it up, killed 3 out of 6 sisters, and pinned the unit the rest.

cleansingfury
29-10-2007, 02:27
8/10 of my basilisk shots in one game (from 2 basilisks) hit right on.
1 of those killed a predator.
1 killed a vindicator.
1 killed a land raider.
3 killed around 20 marines.
1 bounced of the armor of a razor back.
1 bounced off the land raider.

Good shooting right?

Frep
29-10-2007, 03:03
So Stella Cadente watch much Band of Brothers do you? :)
My luckiest gaming moment happened at the end of a 400 point game between my DIY marines and my brothers Homer Brew chaos Marines.
6th turn we each have one model left. A plasma gunner each, 11 inchers apart. I double tap at him and miss twice, he returns fire one hit one over heat, he blows my marine away just as his guns explodes and kills him. This is after my 5 scout snipers knocked down 5 CSM's and two bikers, while his 4 bezerkers wiped out 6 of my marines including my powerfist sergeant before any of them could strike back.

TheNZer
29-10-2007, 04:55
A Rattling killing eight models sent to kill it.

Lacondog
29-10-2007, 05:19
I was in bad shape against a necron army. My only vehicle was a Rhino with its weapon missing that he had been ignoring; I used the transport to tank shock a group of warriors and lord that he had just veiled to the edge of the table to spare them from close combat. They failed and fell off the board leading to his whole army phasing out.

This was a big W for the Sons of Dorn!

NerdyOgre254
29-10-2007, 05:24
1 Sister Repentia that was nigh-invincible. It took down TWO hive tyrants in close combat.
ironically enough, it was one of the only units to do any damage. i got throttled badly in that game.

thearchiver
29-10-2007, 06:42
My luckiest 6 from 6 6+ saves at the same time.

Unluckiest failed every to hit roll with a SM army for a whole turn (a 1500 point 2nd army that had every model alive and in range), Then failed every armour save in the same game!

Voltaire01
29-10-2007, 08:07
Two of my darkeldar warriors took out a chaplain in CC..

Voltaire01
29-10-2007, 08:08
Shokk attack gun took out a Warlord(Armorcast)2nd ed...

Voltaire01
29-10-2007, 08:09
Killed a Shadowsword with one shot from CSM tactical's single lascannon...six to hit, six to pen, six on damage chart, six on catastrophic damage chart!

tau4ever
29-10-2007, 11:56
My crisis shas'o charging a pimped out melee carnifex (two wounds left) in close combat in the last round of the game, succeeding two 6+ to wound rolls then carnifex fails 2 armor saves and dies, giving me the ~200 victory points I needed to win :evilgrin:
He basically stuck his plasma rifle in the things mouth and gave it a nice plasma dinner................

Crimson Reaver
29-10-2007, 12:43
A bit of bad luck and a bit of good luck from recent memory.

First up, I had 2 regular Battle Sisters kill the Avatar in close combat. No Faith, Eviscerators or anything, just two gals with Boltguns. The Avatar even had 2 wounds left when we started!

Then the bad luck, first turn of a game last weekend, rolled to use Guide on my Dark Reapers. Farseer rolls snake eyes, gets wounded and rolls another 1 for the Ghost Helm, leaving me bereft of psychic powers for the rest of the game, and giving my opponent a 150VP head start!.

For sheer luck, I'd have to go back to 2nd Edition. I had a Vindicare in a bunker shooting at the Eldar as they advanced. The Wraithlord came over and set me on fire through the vision slit. I ran out of the bunker whilst still on fire, then the Wraithlord D-Cannoned me, sending me flying across the battlefield, where I got charged by 6 Howling Banshees. Whilst still being on fire the Vindicare kills all of the Banshees, despite the fact that he's not a CC guy and they all ganged up on him, with parries and suchlike. He then gets charged by Karandaras and some Striking Scorpions. He valiantly holds them up for 2 further turns before Karandaras finally crushes him, and all the time he was on fire!

AmScipio
29-10-2007, 14:01
I was playing Lysander's Phalanx (4 6-man termie squads, two 8-man scout squads, 3 landspeeder tornadoes) versus nids with Hive Tyrant and carnifex.

We were down to a few last units; my two scout squads, one tornado, one termie squad; he had some gaunts, the carnifex, and the hive tyrant.

His gaunts assaulted scout 2; all but the power fist sergeant die. Sergeant wipes the gaunts. Tornado and scout 1 shoot up the carnifex; termie squad unloads both assault cannons and four storm bolters on the hive tyrant; three rending hits, hive tyrant saves them all (good for him, cause he had one wound left). Scout sergeant moves six, bringing the hive tyrant into pistol range. He takes one shot, wounds. Tyrant fails his save. Hilarity ensues.

sukigod
29-10-2007, 14:54
I had the last turn of the last match in a local RTT, my Orks against Imperial Guard. He had a Demolisher sitting on the central objective and another squad standing next to it. He forgot about two boyz left in area terrain that snuck up the backside - one big shoota and one rokkit.

The only scoring hit the rokkit boy made all game was a penetrating shot to the rear armor which blew up the tank, also wiping out his squad of troops. This left me with one troops (full) slot sitting just within the objective range winning the game for me and giving me 2nd in the tournament. That rokkit boyz name is now Lukky.

Stella Cadente
29-10-2007, 16:24
So Stella Cadente watch much Band of Brothers do you? :)

now what could possibly make you think that:D

Frep
30-10-2007, 00:14
Hmm just a hunch..... Don't suppose you use drop troops per chance? :)

Stella Cadente
30-10-2007, 04:02
Hmm just a hunch..... Don't suppose you use drop troops per chance? :)
actually, nope, mainly cus almost everyone else does, and plus drop trooping 127 guardsmen is NOT fun for me to do

warchild9
30-10-2007, 04:32
sisters of battle exorcist vs a charging Lictor
bug turn auto hit (exorcist did not move previous turn) fail to penetrate armour
sob turn roll a d6 for exorcist launcher missiles fired- 6 missiles launched, 3 hit, 3 fail to wound. four bolter shots from SOB squad = dead lictor....

or how about six krak missiles from same exorcist ,same day ,firing at a lone DA w/ a melta gun in a river and him making all 6 5+ saves for cover