PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Veskit

ale
11-04-2007, 17:33
I don`t quite understand this part of the rules of Veskit:

"Eshin Fighting Claws (the extra attack is included in his profile). Each Fighting Claw incorporates an in-built warplock pistol, so Veskit can shoot in every turn, and he fights in close combat with Strength 5 and a save modifier of -3 (note that he can still parry twice with his claws!)"

Veskit has 4 attacks, including the extra attack for two close combat weapons. He can`t attack four times with S5, can he? I don`t believe so... My conclusion is that he can either attack four times with S4 (claws) or twice with S5 (warplock pistols). He can parry and re-roll it regardless of which weapon he uses. Why does it say "he can still parry twice with his claws?" Claw rules says that they can be used for parrying with a re-roll.

Someone, please tell me how many attacks Veskit can make and with what S and how many parries.

TKitch
12-04-2007, 00:02
You're asking an unanswerable question.

The rules for veskit are insanely crappily worded.

The most balanced way to deal with him, as most groups do is the following:

Veskit gets these attacks:
4x S4 Fighting Claw Attacks, as his profile states
1x S5 -3AS Warplock Pistol shots, as the pistols are built into his arms.

The pistol will be shot ONCE in each round, as a balancing issue. Veskit breaks several rules in the game, so it's not that much of a stretch to follow. The claws and Pistols are PART of his arms. He can't reload them by hand, so the skyre mechanics in his arms do it for him.

It's really a grey area of stupidity, so don't ask for the official answer, there isn't one.

ale
12-04-2007, 06:24
Ok, that sounds fine. I definetly don`t want to abuse the rules and get four attacks with S5 or something, since people are aldready whining too much about the cheesiness of my warband. Even though I have lost more games than won.

jp22102000
15-04-2007, 04:02
here's an idea...
Veskit gets 4 attacks with the fighting claws OR 2 attacks with the warplock pistols in close combat. it forces players to think about what they are going to attack with, and i really don't think Veskit needs 5 attacks.

Dyrnwyn
15-04-2007, 04:09
here's an idea...
Veskit gets 4 attacks with the fighting claws OR 2 attacks with the warplock pistols in close combat. it forces players to think about what they are going to attack with, and i really don't think Veskit needs 5 attacks.

That's what I would go with. After all, if anyone else wants to charge in, they have to choose between using thier A attribute +1 pistol shot, or using two pistols and losing thier extra attacks.

TKitch
15-04-2007, 04:54
except veskit's rules specify he cah fire his warplocks in every round.

Once you have multiple attacks, using a brace of pistols is rather stupid. 2A at S3, is statistically better than 1 at S4. The off hand, however, is a good one.

jp22102000
15-04-2007, 21:56
i meant that veskit can attack twice with his warplock pistols in close combat every round, or attack 4 times with his fighting claes every round. i don't think its that big of a no brainer to choose as they both have there benefits and drawbacks.

TKitch
16-04-2007, 00:21
honestly? It is a no brainer.

you're going to do more wounds with the FCs than the warlplocks, unless the target is T8. (Which doesn't exist in mordheim.)

4A @ S4 = 2 hits (assume 4+ to hit) S4 = most likely 3+ or 4+ to wound = 1-1.3 wounds

2A @ S5 = 1 hit (assuming 4+ to hit) S5 = most likely 3+ or 2+ to wound = .66-.83 wounds

jp22102000
16-04-2007, 01:07
well if your group has lots of T5 orcs/dwarfs/ect (as mine usually do along with resilent being the first skill every one gets) the warplock pistols come in handy

TKitch
16-04-2007, 01:15
run the math there, too.

4x S4 is still better.

jp22102000
16-04-2007, 03:18
ok maybe that was a bad idea, as i tested it out and the 4 attacks are better, although if you play with the hand weapon/shield bonus rules (as my group does) and are using rules to make armor more attractive (i am thinking of making it cheaper) then the -3 armor save might mean something