PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarves

Brother Siccarius
11-04-2007, 19:26
To start off I have some questions regarding the Chaos Dwarf List.*

I'm sure I'm just inattentive, but I was reading though the Chaos Dwarves Army List (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/hordesofchaos/gaming/chaosdwarfs/default.htm) and I couldn't find where in their army list it stated the amount of magic items allotted to the Heroes and Lords. In fact I couldn't find it anywhere that stated that anyone other than the banner bearers are even given magic items.

I was looking at them as a possible solution to combine my dwarves and O&G (with appropriate conversions), and I'd hate to think that with all those nasty magic items in their list that I wouldn't be able to use any of them.

Ivan Stupidor
11-04-2007, 19:34
The Ravening Hordes booklet (where the Chaos Dwarf list is originally from) gives Magic Item allowances as 50 points for Heroes and 100 points for Lords. As one of the things standard across all armies, they didn't include it in each list (it was spelled out at the front of the booklet), so when they put the lists online, it got lost in the shuffle.

larabic
11-04-2007, 20:14
Actually Dwarf Heroes and Lords can have more runic items then normally allowed...75pts for heroes and 125pts for a lord...a runelord can get a 150pts worth! So chaos Dwarfs coulda been different and it wouldnt have been a stretch.

WLBjork
11-04-2007, 20:42
Dwarf characters have had up to 3 different Magic/Runic items allowances so far, so not a great example.

Lord Zarkov
11-04-2007, 21:33
Actually Dwarf Heroes and Lords can have more runic items then normally allowed...75pts for heroes and 125pts for a lord...a runelord can get a 150pts worth! So chaos Dwarfs coulda been different and it wouldnt have been a stretch.

But they had the 50/100 limit as normal in RH

intellectawe
12-04-2007, 03:28
Check out the Intellectawe inspired new Chaos Dwarf FAQ. You will find the list of magic items allowed to them there. 100 for lords, 50 for heroes, and the BRB magic item list is now present, albeit for US gts only, but they can be used for regular play as well.

Brother Siccarius
12-04-2007, 06:23
Thank you for the replies so far to my questions.

The Chaos Dwarf list states that I can use Orc Boyz and Goblins from the O&G book, does this mean common goblins, night goblins, not specified?

*In order to save forum space, and avoid having to create an entirely new thread, I've changed the title to allow general chaos dwarf questions

Lord Zarkov
12-04-2007, 11:21
There was a note about it in UK WD251
Chas Dwarfs may use
Orc Boyz, Goblins (so not night goblins), Orc Arrer Boys & 0-1 Units of Black Orcs. One unit or Orc Boyz may be upgraded to Big Uns as per the O&G army book
Use the rules from the O&G army book in all cases

Additionally Hobgoblins suffer from Animosity as per Goblins

Festus
12-04-2007, 14:37
Caution: This WD applies to the *old* O&G book, of course.

Now, with the new book, you will have to check it out individually with your oponent.

Festus

Lord Zarkov
12-04-2007, 14:46
By RAW of the wording the the WD though it does carry over to include the 7th ed book which completly replaces the 6th Ed one and is now the 'New Book'

Festus
12-04-2007, 14:58
There is no RAW in WD anymore, if you go by the definiton of RAW, WD is not part of it. By RAW, you have to use the entries in the RH list.

FEstus

Brother Siccarius
13-04-2007, 03:53
Do Bull Centaurs count as mounted?

intellectawe
13-04-2007, 15:15
Do Bull Centaurs count as mounted?

No. Check out the new Chaos Dwarf FAQ. Bull Centaurs are counted as infantry.

You just asked a question that is going to spark up 12 pages of debate. There are a few ways you can approach this...

1) There is more 'proof' that they are infantry than cavalry due to the Chaos Dwarf FAQ. The US GT's have gotten the green light by GW to make the changes to the chaos dwarves. People may say, this is only for US GTs, but what they fail to see is that the faq isnt on a US GT site, it is on the GW site. This shows that GW has some feelings towards having BC's count as infantry and not mounted. Otherwise, GW would have had the individual Eight GTs post a faq for themselves on their own websites, instead of "forcing" a GT wide rules change on the GW site.

2) Sort this out with your group if you prefer casual play. Get opinions about the issue on here, the internet, but it all boils down to your gaming group. I have never had an issue with using them as infantry with anyone in Real Life.

Generally, Chaos Dwarves are at a disadvantage as we have no special characters, so when my opponents pick Thorek or Grimgor, they really couldn't care less about my Bull Centaurs being str 6 as they tend to dominate me anyway.

Brother Siccarius
13-04-2007, 18:01
No. Check out the new Chaos Dwarf FAQ. Bull Centaurs are counted as infantry.

Where is the new Chaos Dwarf FAQ? The only one I've seen so far has been the one on the GW site, which only has two entries in it and both have to do with blunderbusses.

metro_gnome
13-04-2007, 18:17
you will find the FAQ that applies to US GTs only... on the US GW site of course...

GW UK has given a "green light" to nothing as far as Chaos Dwarfs are concerned...

knightwatch
13-04-2007, 19:03
Here is the links:

UK Chaos Dwarf List
http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/chaos-dwarfs/assets/chaos-dwarfs.pdf

UK Chaos Dwarf Eratta
http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/assets/wh/chaosdwarfs.pdf

US GT List
http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/Rules/assets/warhammer/chaosdwarfs.pdf

US GT FAQ
http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/Rules/assets/warhammer/chaosdwarf_gt_faq.pdf

Hope that sheds some light on the subject. :D

metro_gnome
13-04-2007, 21:49
i love that faq...
Black orcs are prohibited magic standards... while Big 'Uns can still take them...
thats comedy comedy...

Brother Siccarius
15-04-2007, 06:03
Can Chaos Dwarves use Dogs of War?

Festus
15-04-2007, 08:03
Yes, as the DoW give permission to do so. p.57 Annual, and the relevant entries for the RoR.

Festus

WLBjork
15-04-2007, 08:04
Yes, Chaos Dwarfs can use Dogs of War unless prohibited by the Dogs of War Unit's entry.