9x Dryads
9x Dryads
9x Dryads
3x Tree Kin
3x Tree Kin
6x Wild Riders, Full Command
6x Wild Riders, Full Command

Power Dice: 4 Dispel Dice: 4

Basic Strategy: focus fire with archery, aggressive frontal assault with dryads with supporting flank charges by tree kin and wild riders. Spellsingers are there to "get me through" the enemy magic phase without too many splintered treefolk. Dead trees make me a sad panda :(

Tell me whatcha think.

Really_Jacked
12-04-2007, 04:04
i think it's a pretty solid list, but wood elves aren't really my cup of tea.

pcgamer72
12-04-2007, 05:33
It looks kind of boring to play with, imo. Not sure if it's effective or not.

Rodman49
12-04-2007, 06:06
List does look a little bland, I don't know, interesting that you don't have a "fighty" character.

TheGreenerGood
12-04-2007, 21:47
To me utilizing field tactics with units rather than depending on jacked up characters is more fun.

Good contributions though, you guys really added a lot of solid advice to a new player. Good talk.

To spur some actual intelligent discussion, maybe you can suggest some fighty character set ups. IMO, wood elf characters suck ass, and I can't find any way to make them efficient. Thats why I kind of went bare minimum and focused on my army instead.

RavenBloodwind
12-04-2007, 23:59
Overall solid list.

One consideration on your characters would be to replace one mage with a branchwraith spellcaster with a cluster of radiants. This gives you one less power die but an extra dispel die. Since you seem more worried about magic this build would give you 2 dispel scrolls and 5 dispel dice (and a caster who can actually fight) compared to 4 scrolls and 4 dice. It's a trade-off and either is reasonable.

I'd think about putting champions in the dryads as you are relying on maximizing your kill power and having an extra attack over the same frontage can often win the day. As sure as you make this change, half the forum will then tell you that champions for skirmishers are rubbish. That said they always work for me. Additionally, if you took a branchwraith caster you're going to want a champion to accept a challenge for her.

I think the wild riders can likely do fine without champions and banners, although giving one unit the warbanner isn't a bad idea and the champions extra attack is handy.

You're a bit limited in your ability to hunt mages and war machines with your current build. This isn't the end of the world, but some glade riders for harrassment or warhawks might give you improved flexibility.

As to 'what makes a killy elf character':
Shooty-killy: noble/lord with bow of loren and arcane bodkins
Fighty-killy:
alter noble with helm of the hunt, great weapon and whatever else makes you happy (briarsheath is popular, murder of spites works well, some folk like to give him hail of doom arrow)
wardancer noble with blades of loec