PDA

View Full Version : Necromunda Beginners first gang.

Sauron90
12-04-2007, 11:53
Im a die hard Warhammer freak. I have tried the most games now. Inquisitor being the latest but none else got very interested except me. (much becuse the price of the models). So now I want to try out Necromunda one of the few games I havent tried. I have read through the rulebook and relised that it will be alot of convertion job since every model is a hero they need to look different. I hate the models but I can always convert them from other GW models.

I looked through the rulebook warbands plus the other warbands on the website. The two warbands that realy caught me was Cawdor and Redemptionists. A group of religeous lunatics going around on the streets purgeing the unclean with sending them to the cleansing fire. What can be cooler?

Then I relised Cawdor wasent able to take about any melee weapon at all. When there skills are about melee. Sounds realy stupid to me. So I went for Redemptionists.

Redemptionist gang:

Sebastian Lazarus (Priest) Chainsword, Meltagun 280
Deacon Lasgun 85
Deacon Lasgun 85
Deacon: sword laspistol 85
Deacon: flamer 100
Deacon: flamer 100
Crusader: shotgun 70
Crusader: Club, Stubber 70
Devout: stubber club 45

Only the leader is named. The rest will get names later. Having biblic (sp?) names in mind.

I know the priest costs alot but I love meltaguns in 40k and using a meltagun in a skirmish game seemed to good to resist (who can survive it?).

Im very unsure about the equipment. I guess it was just stupid to have 2 lasgun guys. But those could provide fire support whilst moving forward. I guess I should have pistols on the flamer Deacons since they need to roll an ammo check everytime they fire. Basicly I want advice from experianced Necromunda players.

ash_wednesday
12-04-2007, 15:34
I'd say give the meltagun to a deacon, and sell off the flamer. buy a plasma pistol for your leader. Get better use out of the chainsword.

Sauron90
12-04-2007, 18:53
buy a plasma pistol for your leader.

He dosent seem to have Plasma pistol as an option. But I fully understand what you mean with Get better use of the chainsword. So ill give him a pistol anyway.

Sebastian Lazarus (Priest) Chainsword, Bolt Pistol 210
Deacon Lasgun 85
Deacon Lasgun 85
Deacon: Boltgun, laspistol 50
Deacon: Meltagun stubber 155
Deacon: Sword laspistol 85
Crusader: shotgun, manstopper shells 75

This saw several changes. And now the Gang is at 1000 credits. Boltgun seems like a bit of a gamble since its very likely to jam. But it seems to be like the old Hellblaster volley gun. "But when it worked... wow"

Ozorik
12-04-2007, 19:00
I dont see any real point in the melta gun. Its complete overkill for virtually anything that you are likely to meet. Id keep the flamer personally, its much more useful and characterful. With the points saved replace the stubbers for autopistols.

Tomothy
13-04-2007, 00:03
He dosent seem to have Plasma pistol as an option. But I fully understand what you mean with Get better use of the chainsword. So ill give him a pistol anyway.

Sebastian Lazarus (Priest) Chainsword, Bolt Pistol 210
Yeah bolt pistols are good.

Deacon Lasgun 85
Turn this into an autogun. Its necessary so you can get rid of a stubber below.

Deacon Lasgun 85
Deacon: Boltgun, laspistol 50
Deacon: Meltagun stubber 155
This last deacon, with the meltagun and stubber. Drop the stubber. Its not worth having.

Deacon: Sword laspistol 85
Crusader: shotgun, manstopper shells 75
These two crusaders with stubbers, use the 10 creds saved to turn them into autopistols.

Use the last 5 creds to turn the stubber into an autopistol.

As I've said elsewhere there's no comparison between stubbers and autopistols. The autopistol is just flat out better. Stubbers look cool on your mini but you will regret taking them.

Catferret
13-04-2007, 01:49
Yeah, I love some of the Stubgun models but the weapon is so bad it's not funny. I am a huge fan of taking stuff purely for looking cool but even I can't bring myself to waste 10 creds on one. Autopistols are absolutely fantastic. They are pistol of choice until I can find the creds for a Bolt Pistol.

On the subject of Meltaguns, I used to use one on my Leader years ago. it was pretty good but he was lucky and got Infiltrate early on. They are great for the Raid scenario, or killing Scalies and Spyrers. In fact, they may be total overkill against normal guys but you want to be stacking the odds in your favour whenever possible. Meltaguns almost guarantee taking models OOA. Decent reliability with the 4+ Ammo Roll too.

Ozorik
13-04-2007, 08:22
For a starting gang Id rather have a flamer. Meltaguns etc are for when I can afford to splash out a bit.

ash_wednesday
13-04-2007, 20:59
This last deacon, with the meltagun and stubber. Drop the stubber. Its not worth having.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he could have a heavy weapon and a special weapon on the same model. They would be too big to carry both of them.

ash_wednesday
13-04-2007, 21:08
I dont see any real point in the melta gun. Its complete overkill for virtually anything that you are likely to meet. Id keep the flamer personally, its much more useful and characterful. With the points saved replace the stubbers for autopistols.

But it's a pretty much a guarantee kill. It has a high strenght and does muti wounds which is great when you are shooting at gangers with a lot of wounds. Plus it has the same range of a flamer and you're killing the ganger in style. It's all about personal taste.

Ozorik
14-04-2007, 08:15
A flamer can get multiple hits though and is half the cost of a meltagun so for a starting gang( who dont really need a multi wound weapon) the flamer is a better buy IMO.

ash_wednesday
16-04-2007, 20:19
But the flamer needs to make ammo checks after every shot. Not so with the meltagun.