PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt Dwarf Tourney List

knightwatch
12-04-2007, 16:34
Been playing WFB for a couple of years now and trying to work out a good tourney list. Due to the fact that dice hate me, my goal is to make a very solid and reliable list. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Thane – GW, Shield (76pts)
-Runic Armor – Rune of Stone

Runesmith – Shield (122pts)
-Runic Talisman – Rune of Spellbreaking x2

20 Dwarf Warriors – Full Command (205pts)

20 Dwarf Warriors – Full Command (205pts)

15 Longbeards – Full Command (230pts)
Runic Standard – Rune of Stoicism

10 Thunders – Shields (150pts)

10 Quarrellers – Shields (120pts)

10 Miners – Prospector w/Steamdrill (145pts)

Bolt Thrower - Engineer, Rune of Burning (65pts)

Bolt Thrower – Engineer (60pts)

Organ Gun (120pts)

Dispel Dice: 5
Model Count: 101
Army Points: 1498pts

When I deploy, I usually set up with 3 main elements. 1) Thunders and Quarrellers on either side of the Longbeards. 2) The 2 Warrior units supporting each other. 3) Bolt Throwers with the Organ Gun protecting a flank. I use the Miners to plug holes that my opponents find or to reinforce one of the elements that could fail.

Thanks for looking at the list, all comments are welcome….

knightwatch
13-04-2007, 20:16
Anyone have any comments?

Caligula
13-04-2007, 20:54
Well, honestly it looks like a good list, knightwatch. I'm a bit of a Dwarf player myself(;)), so I can see what you're trying to achieve with this list. If you left it as is, you'd most likely end up with a decent, pretty usable, nice little list. So that's a good start, yes?:)

I may have understated how good the current list is, actually. It's got lots of bodies, and the units will tend to be able to support each other nicely, just like a good Dwarf army should. The only real thing I think that would add to the effectiveness of this army is a little tinkering with your Bolt Throwers.

Bolt Throwers are awesome, first and foremost, and as they are you'll find them a good value. However, to make them even more effective and efficient, you might want to change them to look something like this;

Bolt Thrower-
Engineer
Master Rune of Skewering
Rune of Penetrating

Bolt Thrower-
Engineer
Rune of Penetrating

Now you have two very nasty pieces of long range death, not to mention very accurate. I know it's a few more points, but if you can find them somewhere, it's sure to pay off. This is the setup I use for them anyway, regardless of points level. Hope I've helped a bit.

Caligula
13-04-2007, 20:56
Oh, and to free up a few points, you might consider changing your Thunderers to Quarrellers...maybe it's just me, but I find Quarrellers to be much more effective.

Shibby
13-04-2007, 22:48
Oh, and to free up a few points, you might consider changing your Thunderers to Quarrellers...maybe it's just me, but I find Quarrellers to be much more effective.

Yea i love quarrellers there less accurate but the longer range and those extra shots you're gonna get in instead of just sat there snoozin is worth it. and by switching you save yourself a few points too!:D

apart from that i love the list looks very solid imo :p

Frankly
14-04-2007, 02:07
Yea i love quarrellers there less accurate but the longer range and those extra shots you're gonna get in instead of just sat there snoozin is worth it. and by switching you save yourself a few points too!:D

apart from that i love the list looks very solid imo :p

I think the list good, swapping the gunners for more quarrellers wouldn't be a bad idea. The reason being that you already have enough ranged anti-heavy armour with the B.throwers. Also the extra range will keep you out the your oppoenants H.gunner and magic phase range and also give you first turn range.

M.R.o.Grunghi is a excellent rune for when you want to out shoot another shooty list, the rune + X-bows gives you a huge advantage over alot of other ranged attacked lists.

Just a thought

knightwatch
14-04-2007, 02:55
Thanks for all the input guys. I agree with what everyone is saying about the thunders/quarrelers, but only have enough models for one unit. With Atlanta Games Day coming up in 2 weeks, I will have to make due this time.

Frankly
14-04-2007, 04:35
Its not a big deal really, its just one of those things that you might want to look out for and see if suits your style of play.

I its a good list. Tell us how its gets along at the tournament