PDA

View Full Version : what is it? (Gorkamorka model)

oop
12-04-2007, 16:37
Hi!
I just purchased this sweetie today, and have several doubts about it. I've never been into Gorkamorka too much. I thought it may be a big lugga, but i haven't seen any in ages so I might be wrong. It appears to be complete, it came with the fan and the spoiler as well as the greenies.

Is it still available anywhere? If so, I couldn't find it or I looked in the wrong place

Many thanks

ghost21
12-04-2007, 17:03
it is indeed a big lugga . gratz they are extremly rare

oop
12-04-2007, 17:33
extremely rare? dammit, then should I consider it worth the 10€ (7) I paid for it?

It is nice, anyway. Will do for a sweet diorama indeed

t-tauri
12-04-2007, 17:58
If you're looking for model ids can I suggest www.solegends.com as they've got a number of online citadel resources (http://www.solegends.com/citadel/index.htm) which are ideal for collectors trying to id old miniatures.

oop
12-04-2007, 18:50
I have to admit, when I saw...last post "t-tauri" I thought: OMG, you did some mischief and got your tread closed!

Now seriously, thanks for the link and for the quick reply. Albeit I didn't see any specific reference to Gorkamorka, did I miss something?. Anyway, having so many information is priceless

Many thanks, Oop

Warboss Grimmtoof
13-04-2007, 13:33
I...I want one... Its amazing! How did GW go from making that amazing beast of a buggy to the plastic trash piles we got now?:confused:

Jedi152
13-04-2007, 13:35
If you're looking for model ids can I suggest www.solegends.com as they've got a number of online citadel resources (http://www.solegends.com/citadel/index.htm) which are ideal for collectors trying to id old miniatures.
Except they have no GorkaMorka or models from after '94.

Anything before then, you'll never find a better site for finding it.

Eniac
13-04-2007, 13:58
It's a shame you dont have the fan and the otehr bits for it. I saw some great conversions of these back ni the day. Ah memories.........

oop
13-04-2007, 14:20
It's a shame you dont have the fan and the otehr bits for it. I saw some great conversions of these back ni the day. Ah memories.........

I do!:p
It's just not assembled yet. All in due time. After searching a little I realized there was not a single piece missing.
I've never played gorkamorka and have only seen a few models, but if there are many like this...Boy! that's what I call a nice mini!

Krog Ironclaw
14-04-2007, 00:28
I...I want one... Its amazing! How did GW go from making that amazing beast of a buggy to the plastic trash piles we got now?:confused:

Trash Piles? I love the current vehicles.

My only intial complaint was the drivers were too small, but I have worked it into my fluff that the drivers, gunners, etc are a sub sect of the Ork species that are physically weaker than there Slugga Boy-style bretheren, and thusly get driving duty.

Warboss Grimmtoof
14-04-2007, 02:26
Well maybe "trash piles" was a bit harsh, but come on, that buggy is beautiful! And while the current vehicles are kinda cool, its kinda like they erased every aspect of that little trukk from the current ones. When people love a mini, you dont go and say "Well I've decided were gonna fly off the handle, trash this thing, and make up something new!" They should have at least kept some of the design of that one in the current range.

Gaius_Baltar
15-04-2007, 00:28
bah... i know someone who has 2 of those in their ork army.. it's supposed to have a propeller in the back though.
i'll get the name as soon as i can... though i havent seen that person in nearly a year..

Elektroniczny Morderca
19-04-2007, 17:48

All the current ork vehicles are older than the lugga.

BlazeXI
19-04-2007, 20:26
All the current ork vehicles are older than the lugga.

Indeed they are. Terminator, please visit our national forum!

Quin 242
19-04-2007, 20:44
I have one of these in a bag too.
What is the general thought on what it'd be worth??

Eniac
19-04-2007, 21:54
A fair old bit I imagine. I'd pay at least 25 quid for a full kit. At least.

devolutionary
19-04-2007, 21:57
Awww man I miss my Rebel Grots now. I had a full mob of them with both the lugga and the cutta *sighs* stupid parents and their inability to know which boxes shouldn't be thrown out.

melevon
04-06-2007, 21:41
Oh jeah, I still have one of these in somewhere in my basement. A good reason to play Gorkamorka again.

Unki Skarga
16-07-2007, 18:20
I do!:p
It's just not assembled yet. All in due time. After searching a little I realized there was not a single piece missing.
I've never played gorkamorka and have only seen a few models, but if there are many like this...Boy! that's what I call a nice mini!

you do seem to have a few parts missing, check out the box pics here:http://www.ifelix.co.uk/jimbo_grot_lugga_01.html

talismanisland
19-07-2007, 11:28
There is a nice box pic of the Big Lugga at the Collecting Citadel Miniatures Wiki -

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/images/thumb/8/88/Rebel_Grot_Big_Lugga.jpg/800px-Rebel_Grot_Big_Lugga.jpg