PDA

View Full Version : Beast of chaos list 2,000pt

][Mordread
13-04-2007, 02:18
I would like to get a beast of chaos army going and here is what I came up with. I know the giants are a big point sink, but I thought it would be fun.

Lord
Gorthor the beast lord 463

Hero
Bray-shaman, dispel scroll, Staff of Darkoth 125pt
I plan to have this guy use the giants to stay out of LOS. Iíll see how it works out.
Core
Tuskgor chariot 85pt

Tuskgor chariot 85pt

Tuskgor chariot 85pt

Warhounds x6 x2 42pt

Warhounds x5 x9 270pt

Special
Centigor throwing axes x5 100pt

Centigor throwing axes x5 100pt

Rare
Chaos giant 205

Chaos giant 205

Chaos giant 205

Makaber
13-04-2007, 13:29
Well, I've been thinking something similar (Gorthor and Giants) myself, but frankly the whole gimmick of that many warhounds is just silly. They won't really work in game either, they'll just get in the way of each others and contribute very little. Get some beastherds instead.

Martyr
13-04-2007, 16:16
I really like Gorthor, he is probably one of my favorite Character Lords in the Chaos army. The list looks good except for all the hounds. Why not try some herds or some fleshounds. Since Gorthor can include any mark in his army you can do several things with this.

-Martyr

MarcoPollo
13-04-2007, 19:54
I think the concept is way cool. I just played someone recently who wants to start this army.

But, collecting 3 giants can be costly. It is the only time you will be able to use 3 giants unless you have 3K points. Instead, take a unit of dragon ogres to fill out the rare slot so that you have more variety with your rare slots when you want to change up armies.

Either that, or ask to borrow a giant from your store everyonce and a while. They would usually have one floating around.

I also tend to agree on the beastherds. They can provide that static CR to help take down things that a giant cannot. Warhounds are good, but not to be used in such large numbers.

SevenSins
13-04-2007, 20:41
Yeah a beastherd and a beastigor herd would fill out a bit. Bestigors get raiders ability when led by gorthor so they get even better... 360charge

][Mordread
14-04-2007, 16:36
Thanks for the advice guys. Six of the warhounds will ambush so that is not many on the table when they deploy. They are there to do one thing stop gun lines from shooting for a turn or two if lucky. The other six are for flank and rear charges.

Yeah a beastherd and a beastigor herd would fill out a bit. Bestigors get raiders ability when led by gorthor so they get even better... 360charge
Youíre thinking of that guy that that turns every one into chaos spawn.

SevenSins
14-04-2007, 17:10
:( yup... My bad..

khorne666
15-04-2007, 10:26
Morghur, which reminds me...:wanders off to check the morghur topic: