PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 points of Dark elves for an upcoming tourney

animal64
14-04-2007, 20:24
I don't have alot of experince with fantasy so i was hoping to get some input on my 1,000 point list. Any C/C would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Heros:
Level 2 sorceress
Darkstar cloak, seal of ghrond
-175 pts.

Core:
14 spearmen w/ sheilds (this is where im going ot put my sorceress)
-112 pts.

5 Dark riders w/ RBX
-120 pts.

5 Dark riders w/RBX
-120pts

Special
6 COK w/ full command and banner of murder
-264 pts.

Rare:
2 Reaper bolt throwers
200pts.

Total of 991 pts.

Normally i try and outmanevoure/out flank opponents. I have had alot of success with dark magic so i really like having the level two sorceress as well. Let me know what you guys think (its a small army i know)

pcgamer72
14-04-2007, 20:39
I don't know what those magic items do for your Sorceress, but as a non-DE player, I know that I'm scared to death of Xbowmen at 1k points.

Lassek
15-04-2007, 11:58
Musicians are invaluable for dark riders. They have to flee a lot and often get into 50/50 battles in my experience.

Also, a standard bearer and a musician on the spearmen are very helpful. To get the points, the knights' champion is free to go.

I would consider ten crossbowmen with shields and a musician instead of a second unit of dark riders to get more shots off and more wounds.

If not for your lack of ld9 I would even trade one bolt thrower for a chariot to support the spearmen and provide flexibility. Stupidity at ld8 is too much of a risk.

Dspankdo
15-04-2007, 13:04
Seeing as your list is heading down that path anyway I would get rid of the CoKs and the spearmen and replace them with another sorceress and some more dark riders.

popisdead
16-04-2007, 01:34
List looks good. I would NOT take full command for knights in 1000 pts.

Drop the champion at least, if you are dead set on the banner (not a bad idea to keep it).

I would also take a unit of xbowmen instead of spearmen.

animal64
16-04-2007, 03:11
Thanks for the input so far; i am limited on model selection right now unfortunatly; i was thinking of droping one unit of dark riders in favor of more spearmen? I also could try a noble along with the sorceress but that will leave me with alot of points in characters.

Hulkster
16-04-2007, 07:26
you do not need more spearelves

what you need is x-bow elves

Dark Elves at this point range really need them to be at there best IMHO

I personally would drop a unit of dark riders and take x-bow elves at the very least