PDA

View Full Version : Can you use LOTR models in Warhammer Fantasy

Death Before Dishonour
15-04-2007, 09:48
Hey all

A couple of years ago I gather you couldn't use the LOTR models as basis for fantasy conversions, but I've heard that this rule has changed of late if anyone knows could you get back to me, as I really like the new dragon and would like to sit an elf-lord on the back with some conversions

Thanks in advance

eleveninches
15-04-2007, 10:07
I put a simple lotr elf archer on my woodelf dragon to represent a prince on dragon with bow of the seafarer. noone has complained yet

HeraldOfTheFree
15-04-2007, 10:44
I think the rule is now you can mix and match from all three systems, but the conversion cannot be published in White Dwarf or anything like that. I dont think you can win Best Army award at GW tournaments either.

Vattendroppe
15-04-2007, 10:50
Rule and rule, you could use any kind of conversions and stuffs that you like. But it isn't certain that you can use them in GW tournaments and GW painting competitions ans such.

A neutral shade of black.
15-04-2007, 11:09
Rule and rule, you could use any kind of conversions and stuffs that you like. But it isn't certain that you can use them in GW tournaments and GW painting competitions ans such.

Actually, for tournaments, it is certain.

HeraldOfTheFree is right - you can now use LotR models and parts in any GW game; GW just can't take pictures of any models including LotR parts/any LotR models in a system other than LotR, as that would be using LotR as publicity for WFB/40k.

Onisuzume
15-04-2007, 13:51
What about using warhammer models in lotr?
Would GW have a problem with that?

DarthBinky
15-04-2007, 15:57
What about using warhammer models in lotr?
Would GW have a problem with that?
Only if you use them in an official GW event. I was reading the GD/GT rules set yesterday (don't ask), and it stated that you couldn't use minis from LOTR in WFB/40k, and vice versa. Of course, that only applies at GD/GT and not necessarily where you play.

Atrahasis
16-04-2007, 11:08
Only if you use them in an official GW event. I was reading the GD/GT rules set yesterday (don't ask), and it stated that you couldn't use minis from LOTR in WFB/40k, and vice versa. Of course, that only applies at GD/GT and not necessarily where you play.

It isn't true for the GT. You can use the models, but your army will not win best painted or be featured if you win overall as is normal.

lparigi34
16-04-2007, 14:21
It isn't true for the GT. You can use the models, but your army will not win best painted or be featured if you win overall as is normal.

In a WD there was an empty space in the place of the picture for a winning army, with the comment (paraphrasing) that the picture was not posted due to copyright issues as it included LOTR models.