PDA

View Full Version : Starting Warhammer (2000pt list)

Light Bearer
15-04-2007, 19:39
Just starting to play, will be playing fairly regularly throughout the summer. My friends play Dwarves, Lizard men, and Orcs & Goblins, so there's some variety in their play styles, and most likely we'll be going to the local gaming store to play other randoms as well. So I'm hoping to make a good list :), any criticism is welcome.

Lord:
Prince on Steed w/ Ithilmar Barding (258)
-Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield, Vambraces of Defence
-Lance, Ring of Fury

Heroes:
Mage (135)
-2 Dispel Scrolls
Mage (170)
-Level 2, Annulian Crystal

Core:
15 Spearmen (195)
-Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion
15 Spearmen (195)
10 Silver Helms (265)
-Shields and Heavy Armor

Special:
10 Dragon Princes (355)
-Musician, Standard Bearer w/ Banner of Sorcery, Drakemaster
10 Swordsmasters of Hoeth (175)
-Musician, Standard Bearer w/ Banner of Ellyrion, Bladelord

Rare:
2 Repeater Bolt Throwers (200)
1 Great Eagle (50)

1998/2000

Would the Prince do more good attached to the Dragon Princes, or the Silber Helms? I'm not really sure about that. This is my first list so please pick it apart :D. Is the Banner of Sorcery and Ellyrion a waste? and I can spend those points elsewhere better? Just couldn't think of anything for the last bit, so I stuck Ellyrion on the Swordmasters.

Also, just to check, the Prince would get a rerollable 3+ save, and then a rerollable 4+ ward save? Or do the Vambraces not make the Ward save rerollable. I'm also not sure how good this save is, I'm used to Warhammer 40k rules where 3+ rerollable and 4+ invulnerable would be amazing.

Thanks for any comments that can be posted about this.

Red_Lep
16-04-2007, 03:28
I think the re-roll is only for the armor save but don't quote me on that. Also, the Banner of Sorcery is cool but you may want to consider switching to the Banner of Ellyrion to be able to escape if somethin to nasty comes along.

rexim
16-04-2007, 14:17
IMO you should drop one scroll and get the other ring for your mage and change the magic banners on your special slots

tyrion11482
16-04-2007, 15:53
the only way elves survive is the magic that HE can throw at you. also a problem is all the armies you said you will play against are T4. so you need the magic rings of HE doom good mages and bolt throwers. swordmasters are great so get some of them archers are trash. and you have avoided them. i would get rid of the bound spell on the prince though. he fighty and wont be bale to use it after turn 2