-Screaming Banner

8 Black Knights - 285
-Full Armour
-Full Command
-Banner of the Barrows

4 Spirit Host - 260

Banshee - 90

Total - 1996

Again first attempt - all of these are going to converted from the HE range of models (So far they looking good)

spikedog
16-04-2007, 14:10
Nice list, it seems very similar to what I run.

I assume the Vamp is heading for the unit of Black Knights? If so then I would try and squeeze an extra knight so you have a full back rank. Maybe you could drop a dispel scroll for the points as you already have a lot of dispel dice?

I don't really like Grave Guard to be honest, I find that they rarely do anything other than get shot and then lose combat due to lack of numbers but by all means try them out.

Also might be worth dropping a Spirit Host in favour of a unit of Dire Wolves. 3 is really enough to tie up most things for a while and really that is what they are there for. Wolves are really useful as an 18" move/charge is great for flanking stuff.

eleveninches
16-04-2007, 14:18
nice list.
might want to upgrade to a VC
maybe get cloak of mist and shadows for the 2nd necro
get spears for the skellies

Draago
16-04-2007, 15:20
Im against spears for the skellies as when and if I raise more they come back with Hand Weapons (I think - confirmation someone??)

I mite drop a Host for some wolves - ill test em out and see what happens

I was going to upgrade the Vampy to a VC, only problem is it costs pretty much twice as much

If I drop the Grave Guard what should I replace them with?

druchii
16-04-2007, 15:35
This is my first attempt at a VC list so please no laughing :P

1 Vampire Thrall - 140
-Barded Steed
-Blood Dragon
-Red Fury
-Enchanted Shield
-Extra Close Combat Weapon & Heavy Armour

1 Necromancer - 150
-Lv 2
-2x Dispell Scroll

1 Necromancer - 150
-Lv 2
-Power Familiar

1 Necromancer - 150
-Book of Arkhan
-Gem of Blood

15 Skellies - 170
-Armour & Hand Weapon
-Champion, Standard

15 Skellies - 170
-Armour & Hand Weapon
-Champion, Standard

9 Ghouls - 82
-Ghast

3 Fell Bats - 60

15 Grave Guard - 289
-Crypt Keeper, Standard
-Halberd & Shield
-Screaming Banner

8 Black Knights - 285
-Full Armour
-Full Command
-Banner of the Barrows

4 Spirit Host - 260

Banshee - 90

Total - 1996

Again first attempt - all of these are going to converted from the HE range of models (So far they looking good)

Most of the other ideas are quite sound, but I think I've got a few ideas that haven't been expressed yet.

Why the AHW on the general, you know he doesn't benefit from it, while he's on his horse, right? Grab a halberd or a lance!

What's with the 15 man skeleton units? Do you plan on attempting to raise more with 5 levels(8 PD) of magic? If so, I would almost grab a block of 20ish skeletons, and replace the other, under strength unit with a bunch-a zombies. Why?

I'm affraid your opponent's not going to let you get off enough of your invocations to make those skeletons repsectable units!

Also, please consider musicians! They can assure some pretty down to the wire auto-breaks, and for only 5 pts you're really not wasting any points.

d

Draago
16-04-2007, 15:44
Ive looked over the list (again >.>)

Ive decided to drop a Spirit Host & unit of skellies to gain::

2 Extra Fell Bats

+5 Skellies & Musician
+20 Zombies & Full Command

Also changed to a Biting Blade on the VT

E-616
16-04-2007, 15:48
Im against spears for the skellies as when and if I raise more they come back with Hand Weapons (I think - confirmation someone??)

Skeletons that are added to a unit are always armed with what the unit is armed with they only come with hand weapons if you create a new unit :skull:

EvC
16-04-2007, 15:48
Although it is certainly true that he shouldn't have the extra close combat weapon, that Thrall won't be his General, druchii ;)

Whichever Necromancer is the General, however, should definitely be given the Cloak of Mist and Shadows. The last thing you want is for him to be taken down by two attacks from Goblins.

Definitely include Musicians- I can envisage a lot of drawn combats with small units of Skeletons and few hard-hitters. I'd either increase the size of the Grave Guard to 20 or drop them to 10 without the magic banner, 15 gives them far too vague a roll.

You should probably survive with no Dire Wolves if you've got Fell Eagles in your army (Though a few Dire Lions might be nice thematically and still play a good roll) :D