PDA

View Full Version : HE warband

Red_Lep
16-04-2007, 02:26
My first Fantasy warband so feel free to tear it apart.

Heroes- 125

Mage- 125
Ring of Fury

**Goes with Spearmen
.................................................. ..............................
Core- 325

Spearmen(10)- 159
~Lion Standard (I'm gunna face alot of fear causing armies)
~Champion

**Take center ahead of SH to take charge

2x Silver Helms(3)- 83
~Champion
~Heavy Armor
~Shields

**Counter charge for Spearmen
.................................................. ..............................
Rare- 50

Great Eagle- 50

**To kill lone mages and warmachines
Total- 500

Good? Bad? Advice?

Rodman49
16-04-2007, 15:23
Heroes- 125

Mage- 125
Ring of Fury

**Goes with Spearmen

Hmm, a Lvl One Mage with a bound item (don't have a HE book with me atm)? You are looking at 1 - 1.5 spells per turn. You need to ask yourself if that's worth it at 125. Seems a lot to me, but then again I've never been a huge magic guy. Remember that the enemy always gets their base two dispel dice which is tough to overcome in 500 point games.

Core- 325

Spearmen(10)- 159
~Lion Standard (I'm gunna face alot of fear causing armies)
~Champion

**Take center ahead of SH to take charge

2x Silver Helms(3)- 83
~Champion
~Heavy Armor
~Shields

**Counter charge for Spearmen

Not a whole lot of numbers here but I don't have anything particularly bad to say about it. Then again I don't think it's that good either; maybe an elf player can give you input. Personally I think you might want to look into exchanging a unit of Silver Helms for Archers; so everyone doesn't outshoot you.

Rare- 50

Great Eagle- 50

**To kill lone mages and warmachines

I like this idea, hadn't even thought about it. The question is - is this better than a RBT? Its half as many points, but without shooting your enemy can make you come to them.

Red_Lep
16-04-2007, 19:41
I'm debating swapping the Standard and Champ in the Spearmen for some more models but I'm worried cause I'll be mostly facing OK and VC.

Rodman49
16-04-2007, 19:46
Well I say you keep the Standard and also the Champion, just in case you run into a Vamp, he can challenge him and save your front rank. I would also try to slip in a musician to break ties.

Red_Lep
16-04-2007, 20:25
True, a magician would be useful. Anybody ideas where I can get the points?

Ender Shadowkin
16-04-2007, 20:58
Looks pretty good, I had a really similar list and it was so good I stopped using it :-) Getting off two spells a turn is pretty brutal in a warbands game. My mage also had the silver wand and was in a chariot. I went with the lore of fire.

I think I would go with a smaller unit of swordmasters would be better than the 10 spearelves and the small silver helms units and eagle are all pretty redundent. I would thinkg you would only need 2 of these (any mix).

Red_Lep
16-04-2007, 21:01
Looks pretty good, I had a really similar list and it was so good I stopped using it :-) Getting off two spells a turn is pretty brutal in a warbands game. My mage also had the silver wand and was in a chariot. I went with the lore of fire.

I think I would go with a smaller unit of swordmasters would be better than the 10 spearelves and the small silver helms units and eagle are all pretty redundent. I would thinkg you would only need 2 of these (any mix).

The thought between the 2 small SH is to either flank a unit or if my opponent is using the same idea I can negate his two smaller units.

Wreckage
17-04-2007, 05:58
To get maximum use of your Mage give him the Channeler Honour so he can cast using all three of the power dice. Pick the Lore of Fire and watch the carnage! :evilgrin:

Red_Lep
17-04-2007, 15:16
To get maximum use of your Mage give him the Channeler Honour so he can cast using all three of the power dice. Pick the Lore of Fire and watch the carnage! :evilgrin:

Would the Champion in the Spearmen be a good switch for Channeler?

Wreckage
18-04-2007, 05:36
Yes. It would.