PDA

View Full Version : Gilead's scarlet army

Belial
16-04-2007, 11:26
Hi folks

I only know playing empire armies, but after having read the novel Gilead's Blood i though i should expand my army-options and maybe starting an elf army.

Not sure but i think Gilead is descend from the High Elves but have stayed in the old world (thus im not sure he can be a wood elf???) The army colour will be scarlet red clothes like Gilead's family. I think it will look fearsome

My plan is to have Gilead and his small personal warband searching the old world for any sign of his kin.
Im thinking on making a 500-1000 pts army, but here is it i need your help.. i havent got any idea how to composite a high elven army. where to start??
The only thing i think of is that the army is lead by Gilead, and im thinking of a standard bearer in his companion Fithvael. Else i think the army should be fluffwise mobile in his search, so maybe not to many warmachines and chariots to slow him down (but dunno if this is realistic on the battlefield to go without :) )

If you need inspiration or need to refresh you can read the first chapter of Gilead's Blood here
http://www.blacklibrary.com/product.asp?prod=60109999026&type=Book

I hope you can help me out here, thx.
>Christian

Belial
17-04-2007, 07:20
No elf players that can help me out?

mostly looking for what is worth to bring and what is not...
though a small army composition would be nice - with Gilead as general