PDA

View Full Version : Horses Hate?

lparigi34
16-04-2007, 15:06
Do the hate rule for a unit being joined by a Warrior Priest applies also to the mounts?

I played empire recently, a Lutor Hoss lead mounted-priests army... very effective btw, and this came out a lot, we played as the horses did not hate, but just can not be 100% sure.

T10
16-04-2007, 16:42
Yes.

"Every day a Dark Elf dresses up in High Elf gear and pokes the horses with a pointy stick. My horses Hate Hight elves." - Makaber

-T10

lparigi34
16-04-2007, 18:42
LOL!!!

Good!!! Thanks!!! Warrior priests cavalry ROCKS!!!

Sanjuro
16-04-2007, 23:25
Because everyone knows, that the horses will invariably kill more than their riders. With hatred, they become worse even than Khornate Chosen.

lparigi34
17-04-2007, 01:03
Because everyone knows, that the horses will invariably kill more than their riders. With hatred, they become worse even than Khornate Chosen.

This is so amazingly true. My empire cavalry horses led by a Priest killed more Chaos Warriors than the riders and the Priest alltogether, and that was with no re-rolling for hate, as I was not sure...

Atrahasis
17-04-2007, 01:12
Its a well-known fact that the knights are only there to give the horses an armour save.

Masque
17-04-2007, 02:08
First of all let me say that I agree that a Warrior Priest causes all the horses in a unit he joins to Hate.

What I'm not as convinced about is that horses ridden by non-character Dark Elves hate High Elves. The section on Mounts' Psychology on page 79 of the BRB only talks about mounted characters not mounted models.

Wadders
17-04-2007, 02:18
First of all let me say that I agree that a Warrior Priest causes all the horses in a unit he joins to Hate.

What I'm not as convinced about is that horses ridden by non-character Dark Elves hate High Elves. The section on Mounts' Psychology on page 79 of the BRB only talks about mounted characters not mounted models.

Errata on the GW site clears this up, all the mounts (except in Khorne armies) get the hatred/frenzy/stupidity/blah blah

link - http://us.games-workshop.com/errata/errata.htm

TheWarSmith
17-04-2007, 03:41
Its a well-known fact that the knights are only there to give the horses an armour save.

hahahahahahaha!!! Too true. Especially with Bretonnians. Hell, they even have a magic item to make their horses better in combat.

laughingman
17-04-2007, 05:17
Well the khorn one should have frienzie, they just wanted them to not be as good.

The wording for the horses to not gain frenzy in the chaos army says, "note frenzy does not confer an extra attack to horse" They were talking about 6th edition rules, where it did not, they were trying to make it clearer, but hey, no one ever said, "khorn calvary are too week i think those str4 horses need another attack."[dice0]

Gorbad Ironclaw
17-04-2007, 08:24
Well the khorn one should have frienzie, they just wanted them to not be as good.

Have nothing to do with it what so ever. They just took the rules as they were written, and that did say that Frenzy from MoK didn't transfer. And considering how many times we blame GW for changing rules with FAQ's, I don't blame them(Magic resistance anyone...).

It might very well be refering to 6th ed rules, and it might(likely) get changed when a new chaos book comes around, but thats really rather irrelevant.

As a random side not, what the hell is up with all these dice? Annoying, distracting and utterly meaningless, they only make the threads look and read worse and have no use in 99% of the threads here. Okay, rant over. Just been bugging me a lot.

TheWarSmith
17-04-2007, 13:52
Agreed on the dice use. Honestly, use them as they were intended, and sparingly at that. They take up a lot of space for absolutely no content. I could post pictures of my pet cat waffles, and that would be a complete waste of space, but would generate more feelings of warm sentiment.

carl
17-04-2007, 16:55
Honestly, use them as they were intended, and sparingly at that.

Would anyone care to tell me what they where intended for???

Wildkard
17-04-2007, 17:03
Agreed on the dice use. Honestly, use them as they were intended, and sparingly at that. They take up a lot of space for absolutely no content. I could post pictures of my pet cat waffles, and that would be a complete waste of space, but would generate more feelings of warm sentiment.

Agreed about the dice..but completly OT..why is your cat called waffles? (cool name...but does he have a thing for potatoes?)

WLBjork
18-04-2007, 04:14
Dice are intended to be used in the RPG Threads, or other games requiring a dice roll (you can even play Monopoly on Warseer!)

cribzie
18-04-2007, 14:08
Because everyone knows, that the horses will invariably kill more than their riders.

So true, and VC have figured it out with direwolfs, why waste points on riders when you can just use the mount.

(ok it's wolfs not horses but still)

Crazy Harborc
18-04-2007, 19:59

For about a year, THAT was the way the dice landed on my table. Not just for me, for any opponent rolling for horses, wolves, giant chickens, whatever. That still happens once in a blue moon.

I will be re-reading the rules for mounts receiving the benies of psycho riders. Been doing the frenzy part.;)

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
18-04-2007, 20:09
My pegasusi get more attacks then the knights riding them do. And, invariably, hit more often. As do the mounts for my Knights of the Realm. I'm think of making an all-horse army. No riders. I'll call it "The Revenge of the Ridden" or something like that. Bretonnian warhorses, Elven feral horses, Cold ones, orc boars, goblin spiders, and heck, maybe even some wussy Empire horses.

TheWarSmith
19-04-2007, 18:19
they made a lizardmen army like this where it was primarily just the steeds. They had ld3 or 4, but rolled 4d6 for their stupidity tests for being territorial or something.

Vattendroppe
19-04-2007, 19:22

I knew it! It isn't just for me that it's only the horses that do any damage from the cavalry units!

Templar_Victorious
24-04-2007, 09:17
I'm think of making an all-horse army. No riders. I'll call it "The Revenge of the Ridden" or something like that. Bretonnian warhorses, Elven feral horses, Cold ones, orc boars, goblin spiders, and heck, maybe even some wussy Empire horses.
The only bad thing about the horse only army would be that U won't get the armour save to keep them there for long.

Makaber
24-04-2007, 12:11
True story:

A while back, somebody in the games studio made, for laughs, an army list with nothing but mounts in it. Everybody found the idea hilarious, and the concept actually went so far as to games testing, however ...

... it was found to be vastly overpowered.