PDA

View Full Version : A model you always wanted

kaimarion
16-04-2007, 16:23
Has anyone got odd any stories about 40k models they wanted and and what they done when they finaly got the desired model.:D

Thoth62
16-04-2007, 16:27
I had always wanted to get a FW dreadnaught. Not really any in particular, but when I started playing TS, I decided, that's the one I'm going to get.

I finally got my hands on it about a year ago, and when I did, I assembled and painted it... And then I used it...

Wow. That was kind of anti-climactic... :p

Mojaco
16-04-2007, 16:29
Usually I get the model I wanted so badly, then paint it, play with it and immediatly start craving for the next...

Though my new librarian terminator and sammuel have both been sitting on my shelf, unplayed. Their day will come.

Onisuzume
16-04-2007, 16:36
A converted saint celestine.
And I'm still waiting for the wings to arive. >_>

Then there's a Grand Master of the Knights of the White Wolf I've been wanting to make... which'll have to wait at least till new empire knights are released.

MadJackMcJack
16-04-2007, 16:47
Goff Rockers. I've got them, still deciding what to do with them.

Try Again Bragg
16-04-2007, 17:56
I was really happy when I got my Basilisk...only to have it almost instantly destroyed in its first few games, remaining kill-less.

Dat Wildboy
16-04-2007, 18:04
Vect. his incubi have cool coats, he has slave women in bikinis, he has a throne and a massive hat. i'm going to get him next time i'm in Cambridge. it will be my archon's ride, and the coated incubi will be his incubi. slaves and that can stay, his gunners get shoved in squads as heavy weapons guys, Vect himself gets a spear in his other hand as my archon's punisher. job done.

beautiful model, so much conversion possibilities. i've always wanted it.

mjc1000
16-04-2007, 18:06
always wanted a titan ready made and i dont mean the small 1 i mean the warlord the bigges sm titan

Lord Cook
16-04-2007, 18:23
I love the Guard, so what else but a baneblade? So many varients, all of them beautiful. Maybe one day... I will stop kidding myself and realise I could never afford it.

Mr Zephy
16-04-2007, 18:44
Just save up. By the time you're halfway there, you can afford the plastic one. :D

Lostanddamned
16-04-2007, 18:47
I want a resin Baneblade so badly.

Lord Cook
16-04-2007, 18:58
Just save up. By the time you're halfway there, you can afford the plastic one. :D

Any idea how much the plastic one will cost?

Curis
16-04-2007, 19:07
I've always wanted the complete set of miniatures that were used on the old Space Wars Combat Cards. They were what got me into the hobby.

I've just got a Warmaster Gorun to lead my squat army. I adore the model.

Check him out here! (http://batsquat.blogspot.com/2007/04/fist-feck.html)

I've got about a half dozen more, all painted just like their Combat Cards. When I have them all, my life will be complete.

Mr Zephy
16-04-2007, 19:27
I think it'll be 50, it's all here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71289&highlight=plastic+baneblade

Corrupt
16-04-2007, 19:33
I wanted that Kasrkin Sgt from the second i first saw him.
I bought 2. One leads my Storm Troopers
The other is on a Diorama. Two dead Dark Eldar, one mid being blasted, the fourth still charging, looks sweet!

RavenMorpheus
16-04-2007, 20:07
Has anyone got odd any stories about 40k models they wanted and and what they done when they finaly got the desired model.:D

I really wanted a Leman Russ, no not the tank but the primarch with his wolves Freki and Geri (I think they were called that), but then I realised the model isn't really in scale compared to the marines nowadays and he'd look a bit small so I didn't bother buying it. :(

Son of Makuta
16-04-2007, 21:19
There's a Tyranid Kill-team I've had in the running for almost a year I think. I planned conversions, wrote fluff, the works. I've finally ordered bits... and the massive bag of absolutely necessary 40mm bases I bought off ebay is missing... it's been posted and gone back once already... ARGH! COME ON!!! ;)

sigur
16-04-2007, 21:33
Maybe not the minis I want the most but some I always wanted are/were:
The Inquisitor in Terminator armour (with Psi-Bolter and Rod IIRC)
The Ninja Assassin
Female Commissar (of course :rolleyes: )
Goffik Rokkers
1+ of the plastic Ork BattleWagons
Those Bad Moon Ork Bosses in Mega Armour also look nice to me...
I also quite like the Thunderbolt and of course many other FW kits (being an IG player)

and lots of other stuff of course. You just never have enough minis and once you get bored of newly released stuff, you advance to being a "collector" which is an even worse state.

Vect. his incubi have cool coats, he has slave women in bikinis, he has a throne and a massive hat.

Dat Wildboy has a point. Three in fact. Jabba the Hutt would be even more of a legend if he'd worn a massivly massive hat.*feels the MSPaint-itch*

Bloodknight
16-04-2007, 21:49
Asdrubael Vect. Hes the only DE model I dont own, apparently due to the price tag - I just refuse to buy him at retail price.

floyd pinkerton
16-04-2007, 21:50
well, i finally got an "Iwo Jima" diorama

and i would like-

the kasrkin sergeant
a kroot bird (now OOP)
a manta, or 5....:D
my armies painted fully

Onisuzume
16-04-2007, 21:52
always wanted a titan ready made and i dont mean the small 1 i mean the warlord the bigges sm titan
You do realise that SM don't have titans, do you? :rolleyes:

Goffik Rokkers
Hope they'll be as cool as that old noise marine with electric guitar. (you do mean that type of rokkers, right?)

kaimarion
16-04-2007, 21:57
If you really want a titan pray to the chaos god.......ha ha ha ha ha

Amornar
16-04-2007, 22:06
Still really want to make that World Eater Daemon Prince......

scratchbuilt
16-04-2007, 23:01
Models I wanted but haven't got yet:
-
The old, original metal titan. If you had adeptus titanicus you know how cool it looked, much better than the plastic. And on the back cover of the rules manual, how cool did the glaze varnished red one look.

Metal genestealer hybrids, metal stealers.

Old metal epic knights, old metal mutants.

Models I wanted and got:
-
Defiler, looks great, like the strange child of a church and a truck, but rules wise sucks.

Thousand Sons, cool.

Reaver titan, wussy but looks the nuts

Otherwise most my models are totally converted.

KaldCB
16-04-2007, 23:39
Tau manta.
will never get it, but wants it.
precius....

dugaal
16-04-2007, 23:58
always wanted that old-school screamer-killer (yea its had a new name for awhile) lets see if someone asks :)
thought even now id love the newest plastic incarnation... It was guard or them, making me want them...

and Space Wars Combat Cards!! wow those were good times; Id settle for the 'chaos renegade' that im sure is still availiable somewhere

Also I havent sleept in 36 hours so forgive any of the above... bed time...

Justicar_Freezer
17-04-2007, 00:28
I've always wanted and still want all the Adeptus Arbites minitaures. Also I'd love to get my hands on enough squat models to do an entire squat army. Finally I'd love to have a Grey Knights thunder hawk gunship but can't afford it.

matthewmw64
17-04-2007, 00:31
I am so keen for two of the FW Broadsides. I plan on buying them once I ahve painted what Tau I have.

Crassus
17-04-2007, 00:44
what i want is a model which would probaly cost 1000+ and it hasn't even been made.......an Emperor Class Titan, the biggest titan ever made (according to fluff) and when in scale to a normal 40k guy, it would be at least 12 feet high. realistically i would want a inquistor scale kasirkin sgt with his sword sheathed, aim ing his gun with one foot on top of a dead chaos magus [sigh] i'll never get but if a inquisitor scale kasirkin sgt is made i'm so converting to what i just said (the guy would have to be black in grey armour for sheer cool factor)

Maus
17-04-2007, 00:56
Models I wanted but haven't got yet:
-
The old, original metal titan. If you had adeptus titanicus you know how cool it looked, much better than the plastic. And on the back cover of the rules manual, how cool did the glaze varnished red one look.

Metal genestealer hybrids, metal stealers.

There was a metal warlord? I only remember the metal add-on packs such as the chaos one with the awesome head. But then I never really got into Titanicus, so my memory's not so good.

I'm totally with you on the old hybrids though. I'd love for those to get re-released/remade.

Snapchuck
17-04-2007, 01:00
Sometimes when I look at the artwork in codex's/army books I wish that it was a model. Lots of good examples of this but one that stands out is the artwork for the Necron Lord in the Necron codex. The miniature is just as good - ended up getting the army because of that one miniature.

MaliGn
17-04-2007, 01:52
Goffik Rokkers

Hope they'll be as cool as that old noise marine with electric guitar. (you do mean that type of rokkers, right?)

He means the Goff Orks that were sculpted to look like they were in Gunz 'n' Rozez, there were abou three of them, a drummer and two guitarists and IIRC one of them had a top hat? basically they were an ork rock band, they date very much to the same period as the guitar-wielding noise marines

dblaz3r
17-04-2007, 02:40
I actually remember those, once i sift through the mess that is my memory. I want all my models from 2nd edition that my mother discarded while ive been away travelling for the last 12years. *sigh*

Krog Ironclaw
17-04-2007, 03:06
For years I wanted Abaddon. When I got him I painted him up really nice and based him pretty ornately.

I also really wanted the Tech Priests. Bought em and painted them really nicely too.