PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!! Bretonnian Army list

greyseer946
16-04-2007, 20:02
hey Guys just recentley started bretonnia, was wondering if you could post some ideas for this list:D

Lord Tristan Of The Raging Dragon 216pts
Vow: Grail vow
Virtue: Virtue of the Joust
Equipment:
The Heartwood Lance
Armour of Agiluf
Barded Bretonnian Warhorse

Sir Brandyn Warden Of the Banner 204pts
Vow: Knights Vow
Virtue: Virtue of the duty
Equipment:
Banner of the Lady

Damsel Seren of the lady 104pts
Equipment:
Level 2 Wizard

Damsel Morgan of the Lady 134pts
2xDispel Scroll

Knights of the raging dragon 394pts
Unit Size:15 knights includes Full command
Musician
Standard bearer Bearing banner of Chalons

Knights of the Avenging Angel 394pts
Unit Size:15 knights
Musician
Standard bearer

Bowmen Of the raging dragon 136pts
Equipment
Longbow
Hand weapon
Defensive Steaks
Unit Size:16 Includes Full Command

Pegasus knights Of the raging Dragon 165pts

Field Trebuchet 100pts

Total 1973pts

Mad Larkin UK
16-04-2007, 21:03
Hmm well banner of the lady is too darn expensive. My BSB always dies. Personally id rather give him a good magic weapon. Also NEVER have units of knights that big..i call it Bus formation. It becomes rediculous to try and manouver them. 8 with a character or 9 should be your limit.Try just making your damsels level 1. Beasts and life magic have limited use, bret magic should be mainly defensive. Theyre magic resistance and filling of ranks is their main use i find

greyseer946
16-04-2007, 21:10
cheers for the help, might change the banner if the lady not too sure yet, im not sure u can give the BSB a magical weapon, the reason i have large lance formations are my primary opponents are dwarfs, so if i dont break them on the charge im kinda stuffed lol um with the damsels as my primary opponents are dwarfs i can afford to go on the offensive

el jeffo
19-04-2007, 21:41
you should really consider making that unit of knights smaller.
dwarfs have cannons and you can be sure that your opponent will use them.
now if one of those cannons hits your unit frontal you could lose alot of knights.

Sarison
02-05-2007, 05:08
make the knights smaller, two units of 9 is way, way, way better than one of 18. you get two lance formations instead of one. double charge, double charge, double charge. send the grail knights with the BSB and the standard of +D6 inch charge toward whatever is in front of his war machines (if there is anything).

dont flinch from cannon fire, the Emper- er the Lady Protects you.
i usually play many units of Six against gun line armies (Empire, dwarves....) to thin out my ranks and make it hard for them to move. once they are trapped, double charge, double charge, double charge.