PDA

View Full Version : Foot of Gork, and Gork's Warpath

Alex
02-08-2005, 09:50
I was wondering about targetting with these spells. In the wording it says, may target any enemy unit on the battlefield (or something to that effect). I guess that means you need no LOS, but what I really wonder is, can you target units that are normally untargettable with it, for example lone characters on foot, staying within 5" of a regiment and not being the closest target?

Thankful for answers, since this "ability" of the spell would make it truly great.

T10
02-08-2005, 10:08
Any unit is any unit:

Regiments
Single models (monsters, independent characters, chariots)
Warmachines with Crew

You cannot target individual models within a unit, though.

-T10

Alex
02-08-2005, 10:31
Ah, that was what I thought, amazing spell then, good for mage sniping. Works like the lore of heavens forked lightning and uranons thunder bolt, before they got re-done. Big Waagh also has a version of second sign of amul on 5+, and some other very nice spells. :) Me like.

Cenyu
02-08-2005, 11:37
Thatīs the reason why most non-O+G-players hate the Big Waaagh. Especially combined with those awesome magic supporting items.

:-/

T10
02-08-2005, 11:38
Unfortunately for myself, the Big Waaagh spell list requires a Lord-type wizard to use and I much more prefer the warbosses.

-T10

jet_palero
29-08-2011, 04:09
Unfortunately for myself, the Big Waaagh spell list requires a Lord-type wizard to use and I much more prefer the warbosses.

-T10

You can get a l2 orc shaman that can do big waagh can't you? i thought big/little was orc/goblin?

Andy p
29-08-2011, 04:29
Thatīs the reason why most non-O+G-players hate the Big Waaagh. Especially combined with those awesome magic supporting items.

:-/

Yeah that's what I love about the lore, it was as if it was designed with mage hunting in mind to compensate the lack of truely destructive spells, except foot of gork of course. :D

I also ADORE hand of gork, such a useful spell, ive been getting some great useage out of it recently.

Yrrdead
29-08-2011, 04:49
Wow , this is the oldest thread I've seen necro'd....

And you necro'd it not to ask a question but to comment on it as if it was new....:wtf:

T10
29-08-2011, 05:55
You can get a l2 orc shaman that can do big waagh can't you? i thought big/little was orc/goblin?

Six years ago, in the Orcs & Goblins army list that came out with 6th edition, the Little Waaagh! was for low-level shamans and the Big Waaagh! was for high-level shamans.

-T10

Andy p
30-08-2011, 01:50
Wow , this is the oldest thread I've seen necro'd....

And you necro'd it not to ask a question but to comment on it as if it was new....:wtf:

To be fair I didnt necro it, I can hardly be blamed for not checking every single post in a thread with new replies, just when it pops up.

T10
30-08-2011, 06:37
You are not "you". I thought it was obvious that Y was directing his comment to JP, who did us the favour of retrieving this thread...

Yrrdead
30-08-2011, 07:56
You are not "you". I thought it was obvious that Y was directing his comment to JP, who did us the favour of retrieving this thread...

Yes. T10 is exactly correct. Sorry if you thought I was addressing you AndyP, I wasn't. I was just a bit flabbergasted by both the age of the post as well as the reason for it. I should have tossed a quote on there to clarify.

Kalandros
30-08-2011, 09:22
Just to make sure people don't get this confused:
Gotta target a unit within the shaman's front arc, can't cast it on target's not meeting this requirement,even with the Warpath's multiple targets.

Yrrdead
30-08-2011, 09:28
.........don't encourage them Kalandros.

Andy p
30-08-2011, 15:48
Yes. T10 is exactly correct. Sorry if you thought I was addressing you AndyP, I wasn't. I was just a bit flabbergasted by both the age of the post as well as the reason for it. I should have tossed a quote on there to clarify.

Ah fair enough, sorry then. :)

Scalebug
31-08-2011, 11:38
Heh... I was thinking "huh? What is T10 on about there?"...

How do people even find these threads?