PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Empire force

Caligula
17-04-2007, 03:58
Greetings all. This is my first attempt at an Empire army of this size, and as such I was a little lost when i first started out. Anyway, without a lot of preamble, here it is. Hopefully you lot can give me some advice on where I might have gone wrong, what I might have done right, and how you think it will do.

Arch Lector-
Sword of Might
Armour of Meteoric Iron
War Altar of Sigmar
@265pts.

Captain-
Full Plate Armour
Battle Standard Bearer
Griffon Standard
@138pts.

Battle Wizard-
Level 2
Power Stone
Wizard's Staff
@130pts.

Warrior Priest-
Heavy Armour
Shield
Sigil of Sigmar
@111pts.

24 Swordsmen-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Duellist
@169pts.
*BSB goes with this unit

Detachment 1-
10 Halberdiers
@50pts.

Detachment 2-
10 Handgunners
@80pts.

24 Spearmen-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Sergeant
@140pts.
*Warrior Priest goes with this unit

Detachment 1-
10 Halberdiers
@50pts.

Detachment 2-
10 Crossbowmen
@80pts.

20 Flagellants-
Prophet of Doom
@210pts.

5 Pistoliers-
Musician
@97pts.

10 Reiksguard Knights-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Preceptor
@270pts.

Great Cannon
@100pts.

Helblaster Volley Gun
@110pts.

TOTAL-2000pts.

Thoughts?

Von Wibble
17-04-2007, 18:10
The bsb won't be allowed to survive beyond round 1 of a combat. With T4, W2 and 4+ save nasty units won't let it happen. Either mount him for a 2+ save or give him a different role (Army standard plus sword of might and armour of meteoric iron for example).

10 Reiksguard is too much as 1 kill is enough to lose the rank bonus. I would make that into 6 inner circle with steel standard. The exception to this rule is when the unit causes fear through the daemonslayer standard.

I don't like using handguns and crossbows as detachments. The reason is simply that they restrict manouvrability of teh parent units. Archers are better for 1 unit. For the other you can get away with it as long as they take the hill, but imo you are better off getting smaller detachments and tehn getting 16-20 crossbows/handguns, which combined with war machines gives a good but not ott shooting phase.

Magic is fine - personally I like the rod of power more than wizards staff but with an arch lector you probably won't use the extra dice it gives.

On the arch lector - my favourite combo is van horstmanns, sword of might/battle/justice, Shield of the gorgon, heavy armour. I still get a good save of 3+ with noone having more than S4, and a 4+ ward, but also free up the armour of meteoric iron for use elsewhere - like the bsb or warrior priest.

Caligula
17-04-2007, 18:23
Great, thank you immensely, von wibble. I'll take all of your advice into consideration and come back with a revamped list. I've seen you post around the tactics and army lists forums quite a bit in regards to the Empire, and I'm ecstatic that you've replied here...so most of the changes you've suggested I'll take as fairly knowledgable advice;)

Other than that, what are your thoughts on the army? I wanted it to be competitive, but didn't want it to come out as an atrocity in the eyes of background and fun. Thoughts?

Caligula
17-04-2007, 18:55
Here's the revised 2000 point list...I'm really starting to like it now.

Arch Lector-
Heavy Armour
War Altar of Sigmar
Van Horstmann's Speculum
Shield of the Gorgon
Sword of Justice
@306pts.

Captain-
Battle Standard Bearer
Sword of Might
Armour of Meteoric Iron
@115pts.